Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #40,921 of 63,916
Anyone with the ZS7 willing to listen to some metal? On this track there are some airy, hi-hats throughout the song which are clear with my other IEMsbut are really washed out with ZS7, trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my set or it's just a characteristic of the ZS7. Also, does anyone else have bad driver flex with these? I'm wandering if it's a blocked vent hole.

Sounds real good on my zs7. Can hear al instruments and the voice is very understandable and as it should be.

Jan 17, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #40,923 of 63,916
And finally I pulled the trigger for KZ ZS7. I hope they will look like kz zs5 v1 (Analytical sound). The C10's creamy voice is not for me.
i'm afraid zs7 is more in the creamy side than zs5 v1 and zs6 (these both are thinner)..
edit: cable issue, my bad

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #40,925 of 63,916
My officemate has a newly arrived AS06, so I gave them a bit of a demo doing a short comparison with the CCA C10.

Please note one that the AS06 is almost ootb (at most less than 12 hours), while the C10 has atleast 100 hours.

Build and fit:
AS06 is bigger than the C10 so it is more noticeable in the ear. Not sure why but the C10 felt cooler in the ear. Build quality seems similar for both.

Sound differences:
AS06 is definitely darker than the C10, it has stronger midbass presence, which might bleed on some songs. It is also a bit sibilant... Quite noticeable when comparing to the almost sibilant free C10. Soundstage, I have to give it to the C10, again it's noticeably more open imo. The AS06 does sound more fun for certain songs while the C10 is just super clean all throughout so does well in any song I through at it. Mids for both seem quite similar, but the differences between lows and highs are too much that I wasn't able to notice how much of a difference they had.

Conclusions:
I might be biased, but I like the C10 more than the AS06. I've been comparing it with my Kanas Pro and BGVP DMG recently so it's not being shown lots of love, but this comparison made me realize how good it is so I will try using it more often. The AS06 is quite good, even better than the ZSN from before, and it aounds quite polished, and has good bass presence, but the C10 just sounds much cleaner and nicer in my opinion.

Added are some comparison pictures:
IMG_20190117_182100.jpg IMG_20190117_182043.jpg IMG_20190117_181915.jpgIMG_20190117_181941.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #40,926 of 63,916
LOL. KZ really don`t know what they are doing sometimes! They put crossover plate right above DD back breathing hole! Stupid idea. PHB-023 has it done properly.
Also that 2-soldered together wire, that can eventually touch something else there and cause problems!
Maybe that’s part of the difference in price with an Andromeda.... cheap labour, quick fabrication. If it works, it works. I am very happy with this sound for this price.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #40,927 of 63,916
My officemate has a newly arrived AS06, so I gave them a bit of a demo doing a short comparison with the CCA C10.

Please note one that the AS06 is almost ootb (at most less than 12 hours), while the C10 has atleast 100 hours.

Build and fit:
AS06 is bigger than the C10 so it is more noticeable in the ear. Not sure why but the C10 felt cooler in the ear. Build quality seems similar for both.

Sound differences:
AS06 is definitely darker than the C10, it has stronger midbass presence, which might bleed on some songs. It is also a bit sibilant... Quite noticeable when comparing to the almost sibilant free C10. Soundstage, I have to give it to the C10, again it's noticeably more open imo. The AS06 does sound more fun for certain songs while the C10 is just super clean all throughout so does well in any song I through at it. Mids for both seem quite similar, but the differences between lows and highs are too much that I wasn't able to notice how much of a difference they had.

Conclusions:
I might be biased, but I like the C10 more than the AS06. I've been comparing it with my Kanas Pro and BGVP DMG recently so it's not being shown lots of love, but this comparison made me realize how good it is so I will try using it more often. The AS06 is quite good, even better than the ZSN from before, and it aounds quite polished, and has good bass presence, but the C10 just sounds much cleaner and nicer in my opinion.

Added are some comparison pictures:

Great i ordered the C10 as an entry earphone before i order the C16. If anyone has experience with the C16 it would be great. By the way i received my Hifiman Megamini and the UI is like benjie or the onn player not as good as you would expect from a brand like Hifiman. The Soundquality is outstanding and therefore i cannot realy complain for 60€.
The next step for me is the C16,
The last question i have is if anyone can recommend a good tuning filter earphone. Is Rockjaw equal to trinity audio?

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #40,928 of 63,916
ah, anatomy. the
You could always sand them down. Or is the problem the size and not the angles?

for my anatomy, it's the size and relatively shallow insertion--something like the v80 is much more form fitting. i have the same issue with the bqeyz bq3, which is otherwise excellent

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #40,929 of 63,916
:triportsad:
If it doesn't look like ZS5 v1 ( Analytical, close to cold, airy sound ) I'm selling zs7. :deadhorse:
My zs7 is very analytical and clear sounding. As I play in a band I need iems that reproduce every instrument. For me the main difference with zs6 is less piercing highs without losing the brilliance and sparkle. The vocals are a bit more pronounced. I think it’s the better version of the zs6
There’s only some noise when plugged in with no music on. Very soft rattle, pink noise. Will change the cable, but I guess it’s something in the electronics of the zs7

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #40,930 of 63,916
Maybe that’s part of the difference in price with an Andromeda.... cheap labour, quick fabrication. If it works, it works. I am very happy with this sound for this price.

Along with quality of BA drivers, accessories, QC (sometimes), pure sound quality. Well, considering the price, its a given.

I'd be very happy with the Ibasso IT04 at half-price if I can't afford something like the Andromeda (or the S). Yes, the Andromeda is definitely better. Is it $500 better? Diminishing return kicks in again, as usual. Of course, I'd look at qdc too at that price range (the Moondrop Blessing comes to mind). Haven't had a chance to demo any of their offerings.

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #40,931 of 63,916
yup, looked like 2 wires being soldered together. Wires are quite long too, I suppose to make it easier to solder. And the layout of the BA does explain why there's no sibilance, they decided to not shove 2 BA down the nozzle this time.

1f379559.jpg

The crossover board does remind me of the PHB
46310d3f.jpg

Bisonicr are usually pretty good at resolving phase issues, so he would probably notice if there was any such issues. He does love using those Acoustune double flange AET06 tho

Is that hot glue on the double D's? I hope not haha. TechManZ on youtube also loves to dismantle these iems, but i wish i didn't see these images.

My 2nd set of zs10 is from a "good batch"

roll them dice

giphy.gif

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #40,932 of 63,916
Is that hot glue on the double D's? I hope not haha. TechManZ on youtube also loves to dismantle these iems, but i wish i didn't see these images.

My 2nd set of zs10 is from a "good batch"

roll them dice

giphy.gif

bottom image on the PHB? no idea, looks like it. The PHB only wired the BAs to the crossover, while the ZS7 wired all of the drivers on it (at the very least, it seems the ground is on the board and everything else is connected to it). Makes sense since the PHB copied the ZS6 layout and tuned the BA to be less sibilant. Not to mention it looks a lot more premium with the body and also the packaging.

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #40,933 of 63,916
bottom image on the PHB? no idea, looks like it. The PHB only wired the BAs to the crossover, while the ZS7 wired all of the drivers on it (at the very least, it seems the ground is on the board and everything else is connected to it). Makes sense since the PHB copied the ZS6 layout and tuned the BA to be less sibilant. Not to mention it looks a lot more premium with the body and also the packaging.

Yeah it's interesting to see the differences once naked under the nice shells.
giphy.gif

some are clean, and some are just errr... "not up to snuff" as good ole Tyll used to say

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #40,934 of 63,916
Yeah it's interesting to see the differences once naked under the nice shells.
giphy.gif

some are clean, and some are just errr... "not up to snuff" as good ole Tyll used to say

almost temps me to get a proper solder station and get a ZS7 just to play around with the crossovers (easy access to the crossover board compared to the clean PCB look on the ZS10/AS10). Already made a DIY IEMatch for pennies instead of the 40 bux iFi charges them for.

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #40,935 of 63,916
almost temps me to get a proper solder station and get a ZS7 just to play around with the crossovers (easy access to the crossover board compared to the clean PCB look on the ZS10/AS10). Already made a DIY IEMatch for pennies instead of the 40 bux iFi charges them for.

Thats the advantage of these chi-fi iems I guess. That it can be opened up to see / experiment with. Study. I don't have the dexterity to play with the internals of an iem, but with some training maybe i can get there one day :D

I really like the It01 the one gentleman modded with the wood. Looks cool.

I wonder if any others played with thin dampening foams or some dynamat. That for me would be a goal to do. Psychological gains in this game count too. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back