Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #40,906 of 63,834
also, bisonicr reviewed it, and liked it (no surprise there), "completely different from ZS6, more focused on low-mid balance" early impressions here

http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55744719.html

some internal pics that he also took (a bit more crossover than ZS6, iirc)
795eff01.jpg

Is this wire connected to anything? The one between the positive and negative of the 2-pin connector.

It looks like they forgot to attach it. You can even see the end of the wire is tinned...

65EA245A-2EDA-48BA-8816-F1D0D90BB3D9.jpeg

Whoopsie!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #40,907 of 63,834
Is this wire connected to anything? The one between the positive and negative of the 2-pin connector.

It looks like they forgot to attach it. You can even see the end of the wire is tinned...

Whoopsie!
looks like two wires soldered together but which ones :)

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #40,908 of 63,834

Whoopsie!

looks like two wires soldered together but which ones :)

yup, looked like 2 wires being soldered together. Wires are quite long too, I suppose to make it easier to solder. And the layout of the BA does explain why there's no sibilance, they decided to not shove 2 BA down the nozzle this time.

1f379559.jpg

The crossover board does remind me of the PHB
46310d3f.jpg

Bisonicr are usually pretty good at resolving phase issues, so he would probably notice if there was any such issues. He does love using those Acoustune double flange AET06 tho

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #40,909 of 63,834
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #40,910 of 63,834
I found the zs7 very phenomenal for the price !
My preferred pair with NiceHCK M6
Soundstage is different, signature too but for this price !!! My God !
personally, i couldn't adjust to the form factor of the zs5/zs6, even tho they had considerable sonic merits, so i'm gonna pass on the zs7--maybe their target market is large-eared (or maybe they just need alot of real estate to cram in all those drivers), but i wish they'd slim 'em down.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #40,911 of 63,834
personally, i couldn't adjust to the form factor of the zs5/zs6, even tho they had considerable sonic merits, so i'm gonna pass on the zs7--maybe their target market is large-eared (or maybe they just need alot of real estate to cram in all those drivers), but i wish they'd slim 'em down.

You could always sand them down. Or is the problem the size and not the angles?

68368638-C9B1-4D0D-93C6-8D97BD46C56D.jpeg

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #40,912 of 63,834
Anyone with the ZS7 willing to listen to some metal? On this track there are some airy, hi-hats throughout the song which are clear with my other IEMsbut are really washed out with ZS7, trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my set or it's just a characteristic of the ZS7. Also, does anyone else have bad driver flex with these? I'm wandering if it's a blocked vent hole.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #40,913 of 63,834

It feels weird to say this, but the Andro-shape is actually one of the most comfy I've tried (right behind Shure's bean style). In fact, a friend complained that even the IT04's CIEM style was less comfortable than the ZS5/ZS6 (and I concur, its a bit specific, even with the insertion depth adjusted using tips)

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #40,915 of 63,834
I’m also tempted but I’m waiting on TRN IM1 and saving for CCA -C16s. I’m also interested in Magoasi K5 ProBass its called apparently. They took K5 which I’ve heard is very good and added low end to it because listeners overwhelmingly agreed it lacked or could use more. The C16 is definitely next when the cash is on hand.

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #40,916 of 63,834
Anyone with the ZS7 willing to listen to some metal? On this track there are some airy, hi-hats throughout the song which are clear with my other IEMsbut are really washed out with ZS7, trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my set or it's just a characteristic of the ZS7. Also, does anyone else have bad driver flex with these? I'm wandering if it's a blocked vent hole.

Can you explain for washed out ?

I hear loud guitar, recessed voice, clear and great soundstage
The music seems missing impact. Not truly dynamic, it's that ? I'm not really enjoy on

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #40,917 of 63,834

Can you explain for washed out ?

I hear loud guitar, recessed voice, clear and great soundstage
The music seems missing impact. Not truly dynamic, it's that ? I'm not really enjoy on. I'll try on other métal music Tomorrow

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #40,918 of 63,834
I wish KZ would upgrade the cables that come with these. I know others have said it, but I changed out my ZS7 cable with a $30 replacement that works much better for me. Does it sound noticeably different? Not 100% sure, but I like it better. I also have to have a slider, can't do cables without a slider anymore.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #40,919 of 63,834
You could always sand them down. Or is the problem the size and not the angles?

You have removed the painting? Whoah, these are massive :D

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #40,920 of 63,834
LOL. KZ really don`t know what they are doing sometimes! They put crossover plate right above DD back breathing hole! Stupid idea. PHB-023 has it done properly.
Also that 2-soldered together wire, that can eventually touch something else there and cause problems!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back