Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #40,891 of 63,915
Phase is fine from the outside. Lows are OK but I heard cleaner from KZ, voices sound kind of shouty and highs are uneven. Tracks with lots of cimbals will have some notes upfront and some almost missing. And there is drive flex, lots of it, not something light like IT01 but the kind that crackles at the slightest movement. As it is, ZS6 or even ED16 are better.
I'll have to open them when I get home to see if everything is wired right, maybe check the vent to see if I can fix the flex. Do other people get driver flex?
Just tested mine and they sound ok. No need for equalizing so far. John Mayers voice sounds right, better than with zs6. Bass is prominent, but I like that. Changed the cable for the one that came with the ed16, less resistance compared to the zs7 cable. I have to let them run in and test some more but first impression is ok. (I understand that a 34 euro iem is not perfect and in the same league as an iem that has a zero extra behind the 34.) For the real trained ear and experienced collector of iems this could be not the best choice, for me it’s not perfect but good enough, especially for the money.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #40,892 of 63,915
They are real metal (aluminum). Not faux anything.

But in his defense they do look disproportionate when connected to the IEM and I too wish they would make those barrels about 1/2 that size rather than looking like they are designed to withstand being run over by a truck.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #40,893 of 63,915
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #40,894 of 63,915
I found the zs7 very phenomenal for the price !
My preferred pair with NiceHCK M6
Soundstage is different, signature too but for this price !!! My God !

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #40,895 of 63,915
I found the zs7 very phenomenal for the price !
My preferred pair with NiceHCK M6
Soundstage is different, signature too but for this price !!! My God !

Welcome to the Zs7 Fanboi club. Population at least 2 now.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #40,896 of 63,915
But in his defense they do look disproportionate when connected to the IEM and I too wish they would make those barrels about 1/2 that size rather than looking like they are designed to withstand being run over by a truck.

Yeah, I agree. They could have made the size more narrow and compact, and not so industrial looking. It reminds me of a knurled volume knob. I do like the red and blue indicator lines though.

Overall, KZ needs a little more help in the cable department. If they can up the cable game just a hair, they will really be a powerhouse.

They need to consistently do this on all cables, stock and upgrade:

- Stop using memory wires altogether, and switch to the soft preformed ear guides like they did on the ZSN.
- Stop using that sharp angled y-split piece that snags on everything.
- Add a chin slider (a $0.01 bead is all that’s needed).
- Stop putting the y-split so low. I don’t need it down at my waist. Especially since you’re not giving me a chin slider.
- Find a mic that has a lower impedance. The ZS7 mic cable is just too high
- Going 1 gauge thicker in wire would make a big difference. A perfect size would be the thickness of the purple ZSN wire. Or maybe the TRN 4-wire braided cables that come stock with TRN IEMs (the ones available in black color or silver color).
- Add a blue and red indicator on the end. A CLEAR microscopically sized L/R, molded onto a CLEAR plastic plug end is really hard to see. There’s lots of ways to do it. The colored dot that’s embedded inside the end of the TinAudio T2 cable. The little line in the end of the CCA cable. I’ve also seen a tiny collar on the wire that’s probably just a snip of red/blue heat shrink tubing, like this:

F1B3C6FD-DAE3-47DA-A7F0-CF50E6990113.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #40,898 of 63,915
Welcome to the Zs7 Fanboi club. Population at least 2 now.

I said this few page ago. But on Koan - Atahensic, when arrive to 3:50 it's absolutely beautiful ! Listen it !

For this track, I prefer to M6 !

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #40,899 of 63,915
God bless America! My effing c10s are finally in Saint Louis and to be delivered today. Ordered the things on Dec 28. They arrived to USA on Jan 2. Passed customs on the 6th and then sat until yesterday. Whatever. Finally here. I just need all 10 of them little drivers to be working and wired correctly. So far have been very lucky there.

BTW. I know I am weird but I hate the copper wire that came with silver ZSN. It's pretty heavy and covered with stiff rubber coating. It's also copper. A bit too bling for me personally. Went back to brown cable on my cyan ZSN.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #40,900 of 63,915
God bless America! My effing c10s are finally in Saint Louis and to be delivered today. Ordered the things on Dec 28. They arrived to USA on Jan 2. Passed customs on the 6th and then sat until yesterday. Whatever. Finally here. I just need all 10 of them little drivers to be working and wired correctly. So far have been very lucky there.

BTW. I know I am weird but I hate the copper wire that came with silver ZSN. It's pretty heavy and covered with stiff rubber coating. It's also copper. A bit too bling for me personally. Went back to brown cable on my cyan ZSN.

Well, I was strictly referring to the thickness of the purple ZSN’s wire. Not as paper thin as their original upgrade wires, and not as thick as the TRN 8-braid wires.

I love the brown colored wires. They should make them all that color!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #40,901 of 63,915
CCA 10 Just received ! Thanks Miss Audio and CCA16 is in transit!

CCA 10 will be compared with ZS7 and ZS10 I think.

First impression after zs7 with Sonata HD USB C cable
Tuning seems slightly different, high freafrequ, so spacial impression seems more present for this first impression. Less impsci in bass but same driver. Sub bass seems very more present. Female voice seems less natural. Treble is more agressive/present

Music : Thrill Over Fear - A Flow Mobz
And Atahensic - Koan

So I back later, I want orgasm with ZS7 and Atahensic !:L3000::hearts:

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #40,902 of 63,915
Very odd indeed!

Maybe they have some sort of plans we don’t know about yet? Maybe it has to do with the creation of CCA? Perhaps they plan to split things up somehow.

Sort of like how Magaosi was the non-US brand, and the US brand was something else (audbos I think). I think I had that right.

In any case, I guess only KZ knows what the real reason is...

Audbos was a team that split up from Magaosi (Audbos later became Tenhz), not just different branding

as for ZS7, well, I've said it since the start, its another ED16 situation. Shouldn't be worried about production, its not like the factories in china will suddenly lose their ability to make more of them, just like the ED16. People keep buying em, they'll keep making em.

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #40,903 of 63,915
also, bisonicr reviewed it, and liked it (no surprise there), "completely different from ZS6, more focused on low-mid balance" early impressions here

http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55744719.html

some internal pics that he also took (a bit more crossover than ZS6, iirc)
795eff01.jpg

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #40,904 of 63,915
Well, I was strictly referring to the thickness of the purple ZSN’s wire. Not as paper thin as their original upgrade wires, and not as thick as the TRN 8-braid wires.

I love the brown colored wires. They should make them all that color!

I agree. The thickness of the wires don't bother me. Outside of being a little bit short the trn 8 cores are good. A little heavy but for some reason can wear without ear soreness for long long periods of time. I also have a nice 8 core nicehck cable that came with my EBX that's really nice and is much softer. I just wish KZ used cables like trn V20. I also bought some LE VE cables off of massdrop last year that are really soft and thin and look fantastic. Oh well. Small gripes. No biggie. :)

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #40,905 of 63,915
I agree. The thickness of the wires don't bother me. Outside of being a little bit short the ten 8 cores are good. A little heavy but for some reason can wear without ear soreness for long long periods of time. I also have a nice 8 core nicehck cable that came with my EBX that's really nice and is much softer. I just wish KZ used cables like trn. I also bought some LE VE cables off of massdrop last year that are really soft and thin and look fantastic. Oh well. Small gripes. No biggie. :)

the EBX cable has got to be at least half of the price of the set, its just so nice.

compared the measurements with another silver cable I had lying around (which costs $100) and its almost as low in impedance as that cable, but much better because the silver cable had a stupid flat-braid which caused it to be a bit stiff and induces some microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back