Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #40,952 of 63,915
isn't that smd a bit out of place?

or maybe they moved it that way to solder the cables directly on the smd extreme.. not easy work, anyway

I saw that, but I think it’s on purpose, so the capacitor is wired in series.

I was going to check my pair once it arrives for that same configuration.

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #40,954 of 63,915
checked my unit. smd in place, and no loose cable at 2pins
kz_zs7_01.jpg kz_zs7_02b.jpg

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #40,955 of 63,915
checked my unit. smd in place, and no loose cable at 2pins

Well, someone should get a hold of bisonicr and let him know. It would be easy to resolder that capacitor back into place where it belongs.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #40,957 of 63,915
[QUOTE = "HerrXRDS, post: 14723646, membre: 414696"] Je parle des hauts chapeaux dans les fréquences 8k +. Ils sont presque inaudibles.

Je parle spécifiquement des notes high-hats dans la région 8k +. Écoutez la chanson avec une autre paire de IEM. Il y a une ligne constante de notes aériennes de chapeaux haï. Ensuite, écoutez avec le ZS7. La même ligne est-elle là? Parce que je peux à peine en entendre certaines parties sur mon ZS7. [/ QUOTE]

What iem do you use usually ?

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #40,958 of 63,915
Got my C10's last night. Everything works fine. Been really lucky with that. Anyway I plugged that bad boy into my Cayin N5 and...first impressions!

https://binged.it/2FLMqwX

Then...

Overcome with emotions I hopped on my moped and went to the forest.

Yup!

I just saved a lot of money buying these. Now I can put all available funds into the Hiby R6 Pro fund.​

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #40,959 of 63,915
Only bad thing I can say about C10 is that they are really heavy. When pics started flying around, I was thinking to myself, "oh God, these look pretty cheap". They look pretty cheap in stock photos and they really are not very photogenic. Nowhere as close to good looking as ZSN right? Well. In person they look fantastic. The metal faceplate is very thick, and very heavy, and looks really nice. Shocked!

Anyway, 8 hours in my ears at work today and had to take breaks every hour or so. Ears started hurting after about 40 minutes. Going to try and tip roll but I think the problem is that they sag and put weight on my antitragus. WEIRD!

I don't have the right scale to measure exact weight, but I did take some pics of C10 compared to ZSN.
IMG_20190117_183707.jpg

IMG_20190117_183448.jpg

IMG_20190117_183524.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #40,960 of 63,915
[QUOTE = "HerrXRDS, post: 14723646, membre: 414696"] Je parle des hauts chapeaux dans les fréquences 8k +. Ils sont presque inaudibles.

Je parle spécifiquement des notes high-hats dans la région 8k +. Écoutez la chanson avec une autre paire de IEM. Il y a une ligne constante de notes aériennes de chapeaux haï. Ensuite, écoutez avec le ZS7. La même ligne est-elle là? Parce que je peux à peine en entendre certaines parties sur mon ZS7. [/ QUOTE]

What iem do you use usually ?
whatever decent treble iem you use shows what @HerrXRDS is saying.
with zs7, you miss lot of treble details which are heard using many iems: from toneking t4, magaosi k5, tinaudio t2, bqeyc kc2, kz zs5, kz zs6, and a large etc.
zs7 highs dips are bigger than zs6 highs peaks.

it's a pity, because mids are more forward than in previous kzs, the resolution and stage are good.
imo, smooth slow bass together with huge highs roll-off are the weaknesses of zs7.

edit: cable issue, my bad

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #40,961 of 63,915
whatever decent treble iem you use shows what @HerrXRDS is saying.
with zs7, you miss lot of treble details which are heard using many iems: from toneking t4, magaosi k5, tinaudio t2, bqeyc kc2, kz zs5, kz zs6, and a large etc.
zs7 highs dips are bigger than zs6 highs peaks.

it's a pity, because mids are more forward than in previous kzs, the resolution and stage are good.
imo, smooth slow bass together with huge highs roll-off are the weaknesses of zs7.

I think you have to be careful as far too often extra treble energy is seen as additional detail when in fact that isnt a good barometer of detail level at all. I find the detail level on the Zs7 to be quite good but you are correct that it does not have a lot of extra treble energy and isnt an overly bright signature. A lot of the IEMS you listed (zs5, zs6, T2,) have enough extra treble energy to be considered fairly bright. The K5 isnt super bright but is bass light which gives the same impression of forward treble but for a different reason.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #40,963 of 63,915
Who was the person that said TRN cables are better than KZ? That's poppycock. I just tried my TRN 8 core golden/pee yellow cable with my KZ AS10 and it sounds like a $5 headphone. Did I connect the cable wrong? The R and L's were on the outside.
I can only share my impressions that I like AS10 with its stock cable (roughly 1 Ohm) more than with other lower resistance cables.
Odd impedance matching, but I follow my ears rather than measurements and recommendarions :)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #40,964 of 63,915
I can only share my impressions that I like AS10 with its stock cable (roughly 1 Ohm) more than with other lower resistance cables.
Odd impedance matching, but I follow my ears rather than measurements and recommendarions :)
That stock cable works perfectly with the AS10 I believe too. It's too bad the large tips are not a perfect seal for my ears, but they're close. I hear other (non-KZ) tips slide off the nozzles of the AS10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back