Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #40,966 of 63,949
New cable on CCA C10 :) I don't like the hooks much, but sounds pretty good and looks nice. I tried out the TRN 8 core cable before that was recommended, but it kinda made the sound loss clarity... Also the braid on the TRN wasn't tight enough for me.

IMG_20190118_125501.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #40,967 of 63,949
Is there a KZ representative in here?

I want this as the DD driver please.

I had no idea the Foster biocellulose mini driver 9mm is in Apple earpods. WTH? And they look good!

VgKCaC2HBGiqa1pP.huge.jpeg

5jNmkOYCDrOWVvFC.huge.jpeg

vented properly and everything. Isn't the zs10 10mm DD?

I am speechless. This was from more than one source.

Foster makes them in China so, .... and KZ is in China....

some company i hope sees this!

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #40,968 of 63,949
The driver showing us for zs10/zs7/CCA c10

I think you have to be careful as far too often extra treble energy is seen as additional detail when in fact that isnt a good barometer of detail level at all. I find the detail level on the Zs7 to be quite good but you are correct that it does not have a lot of extra treble energy and isnt an overly bright signature. A lot of the IEMS you listed (zs5, zs6, T2,) have enough extra treble energy to be considered fairly bright. The K5 isnt super bright but is bass light which gives the same impression of forward treble but for a different reason.

Exact. ZS7 is, for me, is very good with this configuration. ZS10 DD's is not the more speed but is a very natural and mature sound. With good BA's and good tuning you have the surprisingly ZS7 which share lot of good points of NiceHCK M6. Yesterday I took zs6 to listen them and I found them "like a toy". Absolutely not the same sound.

ZS6 is, today, not in my preferred Iem. The perception of the good sound have changed with the new iem clearkc more mature and upgraded.

It's common that KZ use High peak and high med or treble to add Dexte detail and bright, @Otto Motor explain that with NiceHCK M6 and as10 but the Fr graph comparison disappeared with accidental erasing of NiceHCK thread

To Back to PD i'll compare to M6 today but @Wiljen is on the good explanation I think

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #40,969 of 63,949
I think you have to be careful as far too often extra treble energy is seen as additional detail when in fact that isnt a good barometer of detail level at all. I find the detail level on the Zs7 to be quite good but you are correct that it does not have a lot of extra treble energy and isnt an overly bright signature. A lot of the IEMS you listed (zs5, zs6, T2,) have enough extra treble energy to be considered fairly bright. The K5 isnt super bright but is bass light which gives the same impression of forward treble but for a different reason.
well, wasn't complaining about overall detail, which is decent in zs7. nor about low highs/upper mids, which contribute to that sensation of detail. in fact, they are well served of them (even female voices can be shouty sometimes).
only stated that highs extension is poor in zs7, and/or full of dips, so you miss many highs sounds which can be heard by many other iems. they barely sound in zs7, in the distance, veiled and hidden.
i'm not specially interested of tricky bumped colored low highs to get sensation of detail, but do want to hear important highs sounds or their harmonics, proper of the source recording.
also, i prefer punchy tight bass to fat slow bass. it's a matter of preferred signature. that's why zs7 are not for me.
i know that most people do want a good amount of thick bass, and also rolled off highs, so sure zs7 will fit their needs.

edit: cable issue, my bad

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #40,970 of 63,949
Who was the person that said TRN cables are better than KZ? That's poppycock. I just tried my TRN 8 core golden/pee yellow cable with my KZ AS10 and it sounds like a $5 headphone. Did I connect the cable wrong? The R and L's were on the outside.

I lost my right ZSN earphone because of the TRN Cable. Go for the Opera/ Whizzer cable. My ba10 which is very heavy and uncomfortable works great with this cable.

Jan 18, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #40,974 of 63,949
Is there a KZ representative in here?

I want this as the DD driver please.

I had no idea the Foster biocellulose mini driver 9mm is in Apple earpods. WTH? And they look good!

vented properly and everything. Isn't the zs10 10mm DD?

I am speechless. This was from more than one source.

Foster makes them in China so, .... and KZ is in China....

some company i hope sees this!
Know it long time and have made some customs with these drivers :wink:

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #40,976 of 63,949
I opened my zs7 and the crossover board was popping up so I think when closing it touched the outer scale with vent holes. I glued a little piece of foam in the scale with ventholes so it keeps the crossover nice in place. Did it on both sides. There was also one little string of a wire that broke and was touching other pieces. I removed it. Sound is fine, I hear just a soft ticking noise so now and then when I put Spotify on hold. Not a big problem, but a little annoying.

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #40,977 of 63,949
I opened my zs7 and the crossover board was popping up so I think when closing it touched the outer scale with vent holes. I glued a little piece of foam in the scale with ventholes so it keeps the crossover nice in place. Did it on both sides. There was also one little string of a wire that broke and was touching other pieces. I removed it. Sound is fine, I hear just a soft ticking noise so now and then when I put Spotify on hold. Not a big problem, but a little annoying.

Well done sir :)

I plan on putting a small strip of kapton tape across the top of my crossover board once my ZS7 arrives. Better safe than sorry!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #40,978 of 63,949
Well done sir :)

I plan on putting a small strip of kapton tape across the top of my crossover board once my ZS7 arrives. Better safe than sorry!
I would re-do all that PCB in different shape and smaller, and put in different location. You can do it Slater :wink:

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #40,979 of 63,949

I can hear the high-hats melodic line clearly with my E5000 and that's a very bassy and dark IEM, but that's not a fair comparation cause those are $300. I've tested with some $10 DD no brand IEMs I got from Ali which are also dark and I can sill hear it. The ZS7 is definatelly brighter sounding than both as in some notes in the high registers are louder than both IEMs and some are almost missing. I don't care if it's bright or dark, if it's missing the melodic line of an instrument it's no bueno. I will get home in a few days so I can take them apart, maybe there is some wiring ****ery, but being that both channels sound the same I doubt it.

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #40,980 of 63,949
the random impressions going around for the KZ ZS7 kinda shows why this is technically not an official release (not in their shops and no announcement whatsoever)

I was already wary when only a couple of shops had it (KZ don't do exclusives now, they're already big enough and don't need such)

I guess its now a matter of whose review/impressions you trust, I guess? Which is basically the point of a "review". Not that people bother to understand it as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back