Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 11, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #37,831 of 63,836
is it possible to modify the nozzle of ZSR? ( sanding it or something to make it more comfy? )

What's wrong with it? Too big? Too long? Too sharp?

The BA drivers are in the nozzle, so you couldn't modify the nozzle too much without running into problems with the BAs.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #37,832 of 63,836
What's wrong with it? Too big? Too long? Too sharp?

The BA drivers are in the nozzle, so you couldn't modify the nozzle too much without running into problems with the BAs.
too wide , the 6mm nozzles destroy my ears everytime i use them... never tought that 1mm difference would do so much ( i can wear the ZST without a problem and they use a 5mm nozzle) . I was thinking about sanding them down a bit without making them too fragile knowing that the BAs are located inside.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #37,833 of 63,836
too wide , the 6mm nozzles destroy my ears everytime i use them... never tought that 1mm difference would do so much ( i can wear the ZST without a problem and they use a 5mm nozzle) . I was thinking about sanding them down a bit without making them too fragile knowing that the BAs are located inside.

Try a smaller tip size, which will make up the overall difference in the larger nozzle. So if you normally wear M tips, switch to S tips.

You can also try double or triple flange tips. This moves the nozzle away from the ear canal, alleviating the irritation from the larger size.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #37,834 of 63,836
Try a smaller tip size, which will make up the overall difference in the larger nozzle. So if you normally wear M tips, switch to S tips.

You can also try double or triple flange tips. This moves the nozzle away from the ear canal, alleviating the irritation from the larger size.

...and possibly spinfits.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #37,837 of 63,836
Been hearing a lot of good things about about the ZSN, would be an upgrade over the ZS10 by any means? I'm a sucker for clarity and separation and ZS10 has loads of those <3... The ZS10 is the best IEM I've ever used but would like to know this, thanks in advance :)

If you want clarity & separation try the AS10. It most definitely has those qualities and little brighter than the ZS10.

Seeing that the ZSN is half the price of a new ZS10 and that AS/BA/ZS10 are currently KZs premium models I wont say it's an upgrade.
Even so. I have a pair on order.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #37,838 of 63,836
That's what an IEM addict says about every KZ model. :wink: Like ED16, ES4, etc.

I know... lol... but the ZSN is really good:)

I only have 8 KZs and I have carefully selected them. I don't like my ZST as much as the others. I find the vocals a bit harsh.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #37,839 of 63,836

I have the same problem as Niko. The nozzles are too big and no matter which tips I put on, its still too wide and I can't get a good seal or a comfortable position. I wanted to like ZSR, but I can't listen to them because those fitting problems. Tried Spinfits, Spiral dots, all kinds of silicon tips, all kinds of foams, Complys, New Bees, etc... I´m thinking of getting ZSN, so I hope the nozzles are smaller.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #37,840 of 63,836
Nov 11, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #37,841 of 63,836
look what i have found

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...pter-For-SE535-UE900/1825606_32955022313.html

this is what i was hoping for for a long time (not really fully wireless like this, it would have been also ok if there was a wire between the two)
basically i wanted the housing behind the ears, because its just frustrated to have this hanging down on each side or worse on only one side. every time you turn your head the side with the housing pull the cable down so you end up with no cable on the other side and the next turn rips the headphone of the "no housing" side from your ear.

end even if you have the housing on both sides, its still **** to use it in the gym. every time you lay down to bench press you still have to adjust the headphones because you end up ripping them from your ears while laying down

and i also don't want the mini fully wireless headphones because of the sound quality, battery time and because they are more heavy they can also fall out and because there is no cable to hold it, it drops on the floor (and when you are on the go in the city or so, you may even lose them this way)

so this TRN BT20 receiver/cable looks good for this kind of things because they cant fall out and you don't have to adjust the cable.

the only question is now which chipset was used, the old CSR8670 (CSR8675) or the new QCC5100 series. the new QCC5100 series should have much better battery live.

i have asked NiceHCK about that

this kind of bluetooth receiver would be perfect wireless setup for people like us, who value good sound quality :D

EDIT: now i have asked every seller of TRN BT20 on aliexpress :p

Don't know how I missed this. I will give it a try. Ordered. :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #37,842 of 63,836

actually im testing my other iems and i just noticed that the yersen fen-2000 also uses 6mm nozzle , but i dont have problem while using them... could it be that the nozzle is not the problem? using the fen-2000 with S-size silicone tips ( aswell as ZSR )

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #37,843 of 63,836
Don't know how I missed this. I will give it a try. Ordered. :)

Waaah, just when I thought I wouldn’t buy anything for the rest of the year and I see this.

I’ve lost track of the number of Bluetooth solutions I’ve bought now, and this does look the nicest so far for running.

Trying to resist buying! Do we know if it’s AAC?

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #37,844 of 63,836
look what i have found

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...pter-For-SE535-UE900/1825606_32955022313.html

this is what i was hoping for for a long time (not really fully wireless like this, it would have been also ok if there was a wire between the two)
basically i wanted the housing behind the ears, because its just frustrated to have this hanging down on each side or worse on only one side. every time you turn your head the side with the housing pull the cable down so you end up with no cable on the other side and the next turn rips the headphone of the "no housing" side from your ear.

end even if you have the housing on both sides, its still **** to use it in the gym. every time you lay down to bench press you still have to adjust the headphones because you end up ripping them from your ears while laying down

and i also don't want the mini fully wireless headphones because of the sound quality, battery time and because they are more heavy they can also fall out and because there is no cable to hold it, it drops on the floor (and when you are on the go in the city or so, you may even lose them this way)

so this TRN BT20 receiver/cable looks good for this kind of things because they cant fall out and you don't have to adjust the cable.

the only question is now which chipset was used, the old CSR8670 (CSR8675) or the new QCC5100 series. the new QCC5100 series should have much better battery live.

i have asked NiceHCK about that

this kind of bluetooth receiver would be perfect wireless setup for people like us, who value good sound quality :D

EDIT: now i have asked every seller of TRN BT20 on aliexpress :p

If it was a Qualcomm they would have advertised it or they are dumb not to. No way it is 5100 series cause of the cost. Would be the 3026 but even the cheaper one has the better battery life. Leads me to think it might be other than Qualcomm chipset. Of course how good is the antenna is a big deal as well. Nothing on that. This may dropout a bunch for all we know. We are guinea pigs here. Not sure if you lay back on a bench they won't bob around but that doesn't mean they will come out or break your in ear seal. We need testers :) Many first gen things usually need to be improved or fixed.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #37,845 of 63,836
actually im testing my other iems and i just noticed that the yersen fen-2000 also uses 6mm nozzle , but i dont have problem while using them... could it be that the nozzle is not the problem? using the fen-2000 with S-size silicone tips ( aswell as ZSR )

Yes, it’s very possible that the nozzle isn’t the problem.

Here’s some common problems, which may or may not affect you.

Problem #1:
IEM is just too large, plain and simple (or the user’s ear is too small).

This is an example where the IEM is just too big and the user really should just find another IEM that fits better.

31EF9ECF-CA81-472E-A04F-404099C756E8.jpeg

Problem #2:
IEM isn’t oriented properly.

There are some people that are confused about how to wear ‘up’ aka behind-the-ear IEMs.

Some IEMs can be worn ‘up’ or ‘down’. The ZSR is not one of those. It must be worn ‘up’.

And when worn up, it must be oriented properly.

The following is NOT the correct way to wear ‘up’ IEMs, as it is not rotated properly into position. Plus, the cables aren’t even router right.

EB98F081-48C6-44A0-85FF-90A89A7ED68D.jpeg AA7D334D-D86C-478B-8D6E-6565F1819612.jpeg

Problem #3:
The pointy part of the shell that is supposed to fit into the concha of the ear is too big or too long.

The part I’m referring to is the ‘pointy’ part (on the right side in the below photo). It is the primary reason why the ZS3 doesn’t fit some people. The ZSR has a similar part, which is why I also believe the ZSR has trouble fitting some people. Luckily that part can be sanded down somewhat, and many people have done so on the ZS3 and ZSR with positive results.

92167532-1D27-439C-A352-2C299EE50968.jpeg

The correct way to wear this style IEM:

This goes along with Problem #2 above. Below is the CORRECT way to wear the ZSR style of IEM.

The key here is to note the orientation of the IEM itself.

The 1st photo demonstrates it perfectly.

A901FC84-D823-4324-92C3-A3372F8AB2DA.jpeg E8A1EB05-DB4C-4477-91ED-4881E9EEDA3A.jpeg

This last photo is a custom hearing aid (taken while I was getting ear impressions for CIEMs at the audiologist last week), but it still demonstrates the correct orientation of ergonomically-shaped IEMs.

7FCBE803-EA4C-4806-B6CB-620B7C5C8952.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back