1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Zerohour88
    hm...weird, I never get any kind of crashing there. Then again, its computer stuff, weird **** happens all the time and you can't always figure it out. I use google chrome and pc has 16gb of RAMs, in case its a chrome eating too much memory issue.

2. Slater
    Chromebook user with 4GB of ram here. Like you said; weird stuff.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  3. cacio
    so i got some replies from the sellers.

"Dear friend, it is realtek"
    "Realtek"
    .. 2 other seller also saying realtek

and some said they don't know and one seller seems to lie (i think)

A K Audio Store said: "friend, it is a bluetooth version the new QCC5100 is a low power consumption version"

and while the QCC3026 should also have better battery life, i am not really sold on it quite yet.

the Oppo O-Free comes with the QCC3026 and the sound quality seems to be mediocre. but yeah it depends on the driver used, how well the SoC was implemented, tuning and so on.

but Oppo is one of those companies who should know (and care) about good quality :/

jant71 likes this.
  4. vegetaleb
    Ok I ordered a black ZS4 with mic yesterday, hoping it will be the real successor of my ZS3
    Knowing AE and Chine Post I won't have it before a month lol

ShakyJake likes this.
  5. 1clearhead
    +1 True, this would probably be the best way. :thumbsup:

6. Deveraux
    Which size tips to get for zsn? T400?

7. CoiL
    +1

8. GREQ
    I've owned the KZ ZS10 for a few months and tried out various tips that always left me wanting.
    Last week I tried out and immediately settled on aftermarket jaybird *foam* tips which seem to only bring down everything including and above 10kHz down by about 10dB.
    Finally I can enjoy these without being bothered by the 11-12khz peak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**edit** - changed "jaybird tips" to "jaybird foam tips"

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  9. Slater
    It’s nice to know what chip is in it from a geek spec standpoint. But I personally didn’t care. It was $21. I didn’t care on the BT3 or BT10 either. Those sound good and work well for what they are. If the new one sounds good and works well I’ll be happy (even if the battery life isn’t as long as what’s claimed, as they never are).

If it was $200, I would have cared much more.

Also keep in mind, a manufacturer can use the best chip in the world, but if it’s poorly implemented the end result will suck. There’s a lot more that needs to go into the overall design than simply what chip is used.

I could be wrong though. Is there something epically awesome about the QCC5100 chip that I’m missing? Or is it just the latest and greatest generation of chip?

ShakyJake likes this.
  10. Slater
    Wow, nice one! I would have never guessed a silicone tip would have reduced upper treble by 10dB!

11. GREQ
    Slater likes this.
  12. cacio

yes its true, the best chip can sound bad if implemented badly.

the nice thing about the QCC5100 series is the much improved battery life(we are talking about up to 65% more efficient). so instead the ~5h we get from the typical bluetooth headset, we could get ~10h battery life

also aptx HD is nice. you end up with ~570KBit so its nearly CD quality

and since its a new chip design, the DAC should also be imroved, but i have no data on that, just assumption on this point, because the chip is so new and there aren't really devices with it yet

on top of that, bluetooth 5.0 allows up to 100mw power (BT < 5.0 only 10mw max) and this puts it on the same power level like wifi (in europe 100mw is max allowed, USA can have higher power)
    so if done well, you will have much better range

this all adds up, you you end up with nearly the same quality experience like a wired setup, but without the wires.

also with the stupid trend in the smartphone industry that everyone is removing headphone jacks, you sadly have to look at bluetooth setups at some point in the future.

13. vegetaleb
    Yeah HTC was too dumb to suppress the 3.5mm port while they had te best audio phone with the HTC 10, though you can still use a USB C to 3.5mm adapter, the one that come with the U11+ and U12+ is quite nice and loud

14. BadReligionPunk
    I bought those ostry tunning tips off Amazon. They are silicone with metal tubes and mesh screens/filters. The black ones absolutely crush treble. I bet it's 10db at least. The red ones are a bit less treble reduction, and the blue ones are bass tips. They run $6 a pack which includes s, m, L tips or can be purchased with all 3 packs for $17. I actually got lucky and saw a seller that had all 3 packs for $6 prime shipped. Jumped on those. Don't know if I will ever use them, but they are an option.

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  15. cacio
    but then you can't charge and listen to music in the same time.
    and also this is yet an additional thing you could forget at home