Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 11, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #37,816 of 63,964
Are you sure it is a better cable? I just thought it was a color difference to complement the different colors of the iems.

I don't mind the silver... looks nice with the purple. It is just that the plastic part is exactly the same color that I thought that other model was going to be.. if it ever is going to be. Not sure what happened to that.

The ZSN has been in my ears for around 5 hours now... can't stop... but I need to go to bed before it gets light! this happens too often when my husband is working nights. It it has been dark for 12 hours already.. sun setting before 4:30 now.

Whatever people have said about these is true! Very comfortable.. love the longer nozzles.. did not have to use spinfits. I actually like the stock tips... whatever they are... they are NOT Starlines... at least mine are not. Sounding great.

Yes, I always go back to ZSN for some unknown reason. I just love the sound of it.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #37,817 of 63,964
Call me crazy but I think ZSN has similar sound presentation as my Sony MDR Z7. Just A/Bed it and they both sound pretty similar with Z7 having a bit more forward in mid and has more body in vocal while ZSN has thinner vocal, but it somehow makes vocal seems more detail. Soundstage, Z7 is bigger but not by much which is insane for an IEM. The bass, ZSN actually has more body than Z7 with the same impact on both. Whoever does the tuning for ZSN is insanely good IMHO.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #37,818 of 63,964
Yes, I always go back to ZSN for some unknown reason. I just love the sound of it.

Have to agree with the hype so far.

I think the bass on the ZSNs is outstanding for the price and what gives them the initial wow factor. It's not overemphasized, but goes as low as 20hz without any roll off (using "the ultimate headphone test" site) Add to that its speed and timbre and it has a very pleasing quality with zero muddiness.

The above applies to the lower mids too which are clearly separate from the bass.

You've got to applaud KZ for the quality of the dynamic driver they've stuck in a £12 IEM with such fantastic build quality.

The BA is standard for recent KZs. They're bright IMO with a peak around 11khz but this isn't a deal breaker for me.

They are definitely full of detail across the spectrum and have a very wide soundstage with decent depth.

KZ are on fire at the moment

Edit:

Just put some bog standard AliExpress foams on them and it tames the brightness.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #37,819 of 63,964
OK... since so many good reviews/impressions have surfaced... I bought this setup for my wife:
20181102235932.jpg

+
NEW-2-31-inch-DIY-QNGEE-X2-MP3-Bluetooth-4-1-Lossless-music-DIY-MP3-Hi.jpg

I believe she will be pleased ;P

Nov 11, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #37,820 of 63,964
Ended up caving and buying fukubukuro and a second ZSN. Got the silver/purple one. Interested in the sound difference, and having a backup to an IEM that covers all the bases for me.

That is not "caving." That is called "being sensible."

I think the bass on the ZSNs is outstanding for the price and what gives them the initial wow factor. It's not overemphasized, but goes as low as 20hz without any roll off (using "the ultimate headphone test" site) Add to that its speed and timbre and it has a very pleasing quality with zero muddiness.

Yes, outstanding bass... not just for the price. Like you said, not muddy at all. I was listening to a couple of albums last night that had a lot of drumming (I actually think it was keyboard drumming). There was a weight to it that I usually notice with my best full sized headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #37,822 of 63,964
That fukubukuro (lucky bag) from NiceHCK has nearly sold out! Every time I refresh the page, more have sold. The ones that remain have the no mic options. Mine will be the silver with no mic.. I always choose no mic if I can so grateful for that option.

edit.. just noticed a few with mic have suddenly reappeared in the listing

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #37,823 of 63,964
That fukubukuro (lucky bag) from NiceHCK has nearly sold out! Every time I refresh the page, more have sold. The ones that remain have the no mic options. Mine will be the silver with no mic.. I always choose no mic if I can so grateful for that option.
Yup, when I ordered last night there was like 280 orders and the only thing they had was no mic option. I went silver no mic. :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #37,825 of 63,964
look what i have found

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...pter-For-SE535-UE900/1825606_32955022313.html

this is what i was hoping for for a long time (not really fully wireless like this, it would have been also ok if there was a wire between the two)
basically i wanted the housing behind the ears, because its just frustrated to have this hanging down on each side or worse on only one side. every time you turn your head the side with the housing pull the cable down so you end up with no cable on the other side and the next turn rips the headphone of the "no housing" side from your ear.

end even if you have the housing on both sides, its still crap to use it in the gym. every time you lay down to bench press you still have to adjust the headphones because you end up ripping them from your ears while laying down

and i also don't want the mini fully wireless headphones because of the sound quality, battery time and because they are more heavy they can also fall out and because there is no cable to hold it, it drops on the floor (and when you are on the go in the city or so, you may even lose them this way)

so this TRN BT20 receiver/cable looks good for this kind of things because they cant fall out and you don't have to adjust the cable.

the only question is now which chipset was used, the old CSR8670 (CSR8675) or the new QCC5100 series. the new QCC5100 series should have much better battery live.

i have asked NiceHCK about that

this kind of bluetooth receiver would be perfect wireless setup for people like us, who value good sound quality :D

EDIT: now i have asked every seller of TRN BT20 on aliexpress :p

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #37,826 of 63,964
Yup, when I ordered last night there was like 280 orders and the only thing they had was no mic option. I went silver no mic. :)

There have been 579 orders as I type this. Somehow there are more remaining now than there were earlier so maybe he has arranged to have more. Still no mic version remaining but I did not want that anyway.

edit: a few with mic have suddenly appeared but I expect they will be gone soon

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #37,828 of 63,964
Are you sure it is a better cable? I just thought it was a color difference to complement the different colors of the iems.

I don't mind the silver back plate... looks nice with the purple. It is just that the plastic part is exactly the same color that I thought that other model was going to be.. if it ever is going to be. Not sure what happened to that. I will be keeping mine as they are but I can see why you might like it to be black..that would look good too.

The ZSN has been in my ears for around 5 hours now... can't stop... but I need to go to bed before it gets light! this happens too often when my husband is working nights. It it has been dark for 12 hours already.. sun setting before 4:30 now.

Whatever people have said about these is true! Very comfortable.. love the longer nozzles.. did not have to use spinfits. I actually like the stock tips... whatever they are... they are NOT Starlines... at least mine are not. Sounding great.

Yes, according to @1clearhead. He reported a sound difference (more balanced) and the cable is thicker/better (more cores).

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #37,830 of 63,964
ahhhhhhhh ZSN or ZS4 dont know what to choose , just have cash for only.

PS: is is possible to modify the nozzle of ZSR? ( sanding it or something to make it more comfy? )

I do not have the ZS4 but the ZSN is sooooooo good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back