Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 2, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #36,047 of 63,945
Ah-thank-yah.:)

Wow, so all of that stuff added up to $117 shipped? That kind-of-a-list calls for a weather-proof DAP and a trip to trekking around the Himalayan Mountains.:L3000:

Yeah for that, I would have taken a chance on the Toneking T4 of BGVP DMG instead of all of those.

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #36,048 of 63,945
Yeah for that, I would have taken a chance on the Toneking T4 of BGVP DMG instead of all of those.

Different strokes for different folks.

Maybe he wanted to try out different signatures, or wanted 1 pair for work, 1 for home, 1 for the gym bag, etc.

Regardless, he still got some nice stuff on his list.

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #36,049 of 63,945
Saying that it is clearly on and vibratiing implies that some harmonic is causing vibration, it is not the same as saying you can hear it producing a 20Hz tone. I think we are comparing apples and oranges as such.

Well, I'm still comparing to hundreds of earphones and headphones I've accumulated over the past decade+, and the quantity and quality of low end is at the least equal to anything else, for those who can get a good deep fit for the ZS10. And It is definitely a quality measure as well. You can tell in music that has deep subbass, even if nothing more than a well mic'ed bass drum that is intended to share that feeling lower than hearing.

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #36,050 of 63,945
Is anyone listening to metal? I am on holiday and left my reference iem (ibasso it01) at home cause of sand and salt at the beach. Got my kz es4 and zs6 and trn v80 with me and I am listening to all three. I just found out that the es4 is a true metalhead. The mids are the most "fat" experience of the three while listening to amon amarth, system of a down or rammstein. Man these are awesome. Just wanted to let you know ..

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #36,051 of 63,945
Is anyone listening to metal? I am on holiday and left my reference iem (ibasso it01) at home cause of sand and salt at the beach. Got my kz es4 and zs6 and trn v80 with me and I am listening to all three. I just found out that the es4 is a true metalhead. The mids are the most "fat" experience of the three while listening to amon amarth, system of a down or rammstein. Man these are awesome. Just wanted to let you know ..

O yes, Metal. Amon amarth.
now i will get ES4 just for that maybe :D thanks. and will order AS10 for 42€ or so

Sep 3, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #36,052 of 63,945
IMG_20180903_140633.jpg Sweet little combo... Shanling M0 and KZ ES4. Cable is taken from my V80's cause the KZ one is... You know what it is

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #36,053 of 63,945
Sweet little combo... Shanling M0 and KZ ES4. Cable is taken from my V80's cause the KZ one is... You know what it is
Thanks, using the V80's cable on ES4 is a good idea! Though I have nothing in particular against KZ cables (other than the split being too low, but V80's cable is the same on that). I just like the aesthetics better.

Sep 3, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #36,054 of 63,945
Thanks, using the V80's cable on ES4 is a good idea! Though I have nothing in particular against KZ cables (other than the split being too low, but V80's cable is the same on that). I just like the aesthetics better.

For me it’s all about the memory wire. I love the soft formed rubber type that TRN (and others like BQEYZ and UiiSii) use.

I really wish KZ would switch to this type. Their metal memory wire is why a lot of people rip it out (which isn’t ideal either, because the cable has trouble staying in place).

KZ could also use a small piece of pre-formed titanium wire In place of their bendable wire. Titanium retains its memory like the TRN type.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #36,055 of 63,945
For me it’s all about the memory wire. I love the soft formed rubber type that TRN (and others like BQEYZ and UiiSii) use.

I really wish KZ would switch to this type. Their metal memory wire is why a lot of people rip it out (which isn’t ideal either, because the cable has trouble staying in place).
The metal wire fits me well, but it's much harder than the rubber so sleeping with earphones on might end up in having painful sores around ears. That I do not want.

Sep 3, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #36,056 of 63,945

KZ could also use a small piece of pre-formed titanium wire In place of their bendable wire. Titanium retains its memory like the TRN type.
This is exactly why I switched to OKCSC's cables. They use a soft insulation instead of memory wire. Stays in place with much less work and I think the cable length is more ideal.

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #36,057 of 63,945
This is exactly why I switched to OKCSC's cables. They use a soft insulation instead of memory wire. Stays in place with much less work and I think the cable length is more ideal.

Yes, my OKCSC cable is very comfortable. I cost more than some of my KZs though. I am using it on my Hotfi HM9 (6BA per side)

10134497.jpg

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #36,058 of 63,945
Don't discount the ZS6 for metal. Different representation, but I find it's more energetic than the ES4, which helps for some of the more cleanly-produced stuff. Tool, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, and Otep all sound stunning with the ZS6.

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #36,059 of 63,945
Yes, my OKCSC cable is very comfortable. I cost more than some of my KZs though. I am using it on my Hotfi HM9 (6BA per side)

10134497.jpg
I think I've got the same exact cable (assuming that's the 7N copper model). Between that one and the more "standard" model with a mic, it's really hard to go back.

Screenshot_20180903-110831__01.jpg

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #36,060 of 63,945
I think I've got the same exact cable (assuming that's the 7N copper model). Between that one and the more "standard" model with a mic, it's really hard to go back.

This is mine. I only buy cables with no mic and I choose the no mic option when there is one. I don't need one.

This one is MMCX. I just posted the photo to show how nice my OKCSC cable is:)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OKC...stal-Plated-Copper-for-Shure/32830043484.html

Do you have a link to your two pin one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back