1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Nice choices there buddy! You’ll be quite happy for the amount of money you spent :)

2. pbui44
    Wow, mind posting what else you bought? Deal seekers wanna know.:floatsmile:

3. Slater
    If you click the photo, he shows everything he bought. It’s like 25 things

mbwilson111 likes this.
  4. ivo001

Nice one haha!
    I never even thought about the fact that you can buy a usb type-c cable for detacheble headphones :xf_eek:
    Got a Mi8 on the way, and thought I would just use my headphones with trn bluetooth aptx cable, or the supplied usb c to 3.5mm jack adapter.

5. Slater
    The KZ type C cable is sweet. If they make a lightning version, it would be even more epic.

They also need to fire whatever hack had been designing their Bluetooth cables, and get someone competent in there. Their whole line of Bluetooth cables is all half-baked junk.

MyPants likes this.
  6. ivo001
    Awesome, u mean this cable?
    I might get an MMCX cable too, to use with my iBasso IT01, like this one.

7. pbui44
    Ah-thank-yah.:)

Wow, so all of that stuff added up to $117 shipped? That kind-of-a-list calls for a weather-proof DAP and a trip to trekking around the Himalayan Mountains.:L3000:

8. Slater
    Yes, that one.

9. DSebastiao
    Guys i'm thinking of going with the AS10, currently with ZSR, first of all, is there any other pair of iem to consider for a similar price? Also feel free to give your thoughts on the AS10.

Pruikki likes this.
  10. SilverEars
    Did they finally put a notch in the canal of the star tips so it will stay put instead of sliding out easily out of the sound output nozzle? Star tips are the best fitting and sounding tips to my ears and if they hadn't done this, they really should.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  11. antdroid
    I was able to graph the Harman Target Response for IEMs this weekend using data Oratory1990 from reddit made available. Here's how the KZ IEMs I have on hand compare to what Harman believe our ideal signature is:

KZ ZSA

KZ ZSA vs Harman Target.jpg

KZ AS10

KZ AS10 - Harman Target.jpg

Now on that note, the Harman target has changed a lot over the years. It used to have a more linear response in the low end and rise higher. Over the years with more testing and more non-technical listeners, they've made their target curves more U-shaped with elevated bass and more recessed mids while also lower treble a little bit. The IEM curve adds even more bass than the Target over/on-ear headphone curve.

Here's the Tin Audio T2 just for kicks. It followed the older response target from 2013 much more closely.

Tin Audio T2 Harman Target.jpg

Disclaimer: Measurements were made with MiniDSP EARS which has some limitations and isn't industry standard.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    paulindss, Slater, ShakyJake and 5 others like this.
  12. randomnin
    [redacted]

13. randomnin
    I've as well found Harman to sound best. Rtings.com seem to also use Harman for their compensated graphs. And Spectral Flatness test at audiocheck.net has a description of human ears having 1-3kHz sensitivity increase (the author has a PhD in field and is obviously obsessed with the topic, therefore I guess he's right), so that test also fits somewhat well with Harman graphs. Plus there's the fact that as the volume decreases, we perceive bass and treble decrease as more severe than the decreases of other frequencies (but also vice versa, increased volume yields more severe bass and treble increases), so having these frequencies bumped theoretically allows one to listen at lower volumes and still hear one's preferred signature. You can see how that looks for lots of headphones and IEMs at Reference Audio Analyzer - it's the second graph of every test report.

Since most graphs are raw (Audiobudget, ThePhonograph, crinacle's, Reference Audio Analyzer), I usually look for either graphs resembling Harman graphs (like that of Fiio F9 Pro), or ones with the least amount of sharp peaks and drops, so as to ensure that it's possible to fix the signature with as simple an equalizer as possible (Stuff like a 20dB drop at 4kHz, such as that of KZ ZSR, is a no-no, as far as I'm concerned. How is one to fix that on a smartphone player?).

Hence my opinion is that it's a good idea to make such graphs, thanks, antdroid.

antdroid, ShakyJake and phthora like this.
  14. Pruikki
    YES PLEASE, I too want to know peoples opinion view on the matter, KZ ZSR vs AS10

now using ZSR (with Axon 7) and thinking about AS10, could there be big "wow" jump like from ES3 to ZSR (es3 was quieter and less detailed) so ZSR was big jump in fun/quality/upgrade.

TLDR - ZSR VS AS10 anyone? opinions?

15. Pruikki
    Thank you! very good. Thumbs up. was helpful too. hats off, :D

B9Scrambler likes this.