1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. stryed
    Any sound difference between the Grey (that's advertised as bassier) and the others according to you?

2. pbui44
    Greens are coming here on May 14th, order now:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075D96MJJ?tag=3340693-headfi-20&th=1&psc=1

rayliam80 likes this.
  3. Podster
    Wow, $48.99. In all honesty I believe the ZS6 is easily a $50 iem:wink:

@stryed I find them to sound a little more lively, for some that may translate to bassier but to me they come off as sounding more efficient than the originals (Red, Black & Green)

HungryPanda likes this.
  4. Slater
    Some of the newest grey ZS6 have the lip. And, some of the newest non-grey ZS6 have the lip too!

It's basically luck of the draw. My advice is to not order it expecting the lip, and if it arrives with a lip then it's like getting an extra cherry on top your sundae!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. Slater
    Nope, I busted that myth. Even backed it up with FR measurements. And I have 6 pairs I tested. Any slight variances between individual ZS6 are due to QC variations only.

The "extra bass" name is just marketing voodoo. All ZS6 are 100% exactly the same other than color (and some have the eartip lip).

stryed likes this.
  6. Podster
    LOL, or not and then your cherry is popped:hushed: Come to think of it I don't even think I've checked my black pair:rolling_eyes:

Slater likes this.
  7. pbui44
    4E6F48EA-8462-4D19-844C-2DCA26550CC5.jpeg So does my green one have a lip on the nozzle?

8. Slater
    Photo is blurry and it's hard to tell.

Here's a clearer photo - see the lip at the very end of the nozzle? Compare this to yours and see if yours has this lip:

ZS6_Lip - Edited.jpg

9. pbui44
    Yes, that is why I tried to shine some light on the nozzle, which shows the break at the end of the nozzle.

10. Slater
    Cool. Looks like you're one of the lucky ones :)

In your photo, it looks your camera/phone focused on the cable that was passing directly in front of the IEM. That made everything else be out of focus (including the nozzle tip).

11. DocHoliday
    Love the gray/pewter pair and I've no qualms with paying full price for them either. Even though it's KZ's most expensive model, Amazon's $46 is a good price.

BTW, are those cables holding up well (has oxidation set in - gone green)?

12. sino8r
  13. sino8r
    The ZS10s are going for $59 on Amazon right now lol! I got a new pair of the silver cables https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B2PH2M9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_q6q8Ab1G8H6D3 Seem to be pretty solid although they'll probably just be back ups for when the TRN bluetooth batteries die. They last all day so I probably won't use them much.

14. DocHoliday
  15. ShakyJake
    While it may be true that the ZS6 is better than most $50 iems, I would rather have the Tin Audio T2 that retails at $50. Since I got mine at recent the Ali sale for $32, I consider the two to be in a similar price range. The T2 is just very special. In fact, I just did an A/B comparison with my AT-M50's and the T2s were much more detailed and with a more defined low end.

rayliam80 and toddy0191 like this.