Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 8, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #32,041 of 63,917
Wow, $48.99. In all honesty I believe the ZS6 is easily a $50 iem

I was lucky enough to pay $19.99 shipped for 2 pairs of mine. Worth every penny!

I'm not sure why the price has shot up so much though. Seller gouging? Supply and demand? No clue. Glad I stocked up on 'em though :wink:

May 8, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #32,042 of 63,917
The ZS10s are going for $59 on Amazon right now lol! I got a new pair of the silver cables https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B2PH2M9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_q6q8Ab1G8H6D3 Seem to be pretty solid although they'll probably just be back ups for when the TRN bluetooth batteries die. They last all day so I probably won't use them much.

I used that same silver cable with my ZS10 over the weekend. I've switched back to the stock cable to give it a chance but I definitely feel like switching back to the silver cable. I'll be posting my ZS10 (stock) impressions soon.

May 8, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #32,043 of 63,917
While it may be true that the ZS6 is better than most $50 iems, I would rather have the Tin Audio T2 that retails at $50. Since I got mine at recent the Ali sale for $32, I consider the two to be in a similar price range. The T2 is just very special. In fact, I just did an A/B comparison with my AT-M50's and the T2s were much more detailed and with a more defined low end.

I kinda hate my ATH-M50X after all my recent IEM purchases now. I'm thinking of selling them. Or maybe trading them for an IEM/Earbud.

May 8, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #32,044 of 63,917
I was lucky enough to pay $19.99 shipped for 2 pairs of mine. Worth every penny!

I'm not sure why the price has shot up so much though. Seller gouging? Supply and demand? No clue. Glad I stocked up on 'em though :wink:

I paid between US$22 ~ 27 for multiple pairs during various offers over the course of about 3~5 months. Think its a demand and supply thing.

The ZS6 is a wonderful earphone IF the genre of music your listen to suits it though. I really like it for pure instrumental music be it acoustic or full bore classical symphony orchestra.

However, its sibilance for quite a lot of vocal tracks is seriously evident, and can be downright a turnoff. The vocal tracks that seem not to be affected by it are those of the earlier, pre-90's era or those that have zero / negligible digital processing. (unfortunately a vast percentage do have that )

May 8, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #32,045 of 63,917
I kinda hate my ATH-M50X after all my recent IEM purchases now. I'm thinking of selling them. Or maybe trading them for an IEM/Earbud.

You could always mod them to improve the sound. Or even swap out the drivers for something closer to what you like.

May 8, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #32,046 of 63,917
I was struggling to find an eartip besides the stock ones which can stay and doesn't ending up stuck in my ears for the ZS3, so, I decided to create a foam one using 3M ear plugs + 3$ leather hole punch. I thought that would give me a darker sound and sounding way too warm, but in fact, it's really good! (maybe because I'm using a bright source like Sabaj DA2). Also, using those foams it can isolate more than Etymotic ER4 so... it's kind of creepy using them outside or at work but perfect for noisy environments. Comfort 10/10.…
If you do that with the slightly smaller rounded tip end and fold a large silicone ear tip over it you'll have your very own Symbio ear tip.

May 8, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #32,047 of 63,917
Guys, i'm looking to give my bro a pair of iem's, i can't spend too much so budget would be around the ZST/Sub-ZST, i already have a pair of ZST so i don't wanna offer what i have and i'm not familiar with the ED line, what are the most easy to listen to (not fatiguing) and comfortable?

Thanks,

May 8, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #32,049 of 63,917
Nope, I busted that myth. Even backed it up with FR measurements. And I have 6 pairs I tested. Any slight variances between individual ZS6 are due to QC variations only.

The "extra bass" name is just marketing voodoo. All ZS6 are 100% exactly the same other than color (and some have the eartip lip).
Yeah we should be wary of such voodoos

May 8, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #32,051 of 63,917
Hello Doc, these tri-briad have gotten a little dingy but not turned green. Actually the only cable I have that's turned really green are the permanent ones on my TFZ Series 1s.
While it may be true that the ZS6 is better than most $50 iems, I would rather have the Tin Audio T2 that retails at $50. Since I got mine at recent the Ali sale for $32, I consider the two to be in a similar price range. The T2 is just very special. In fact, I just did an A/B comparison with my AT-M50's and the T2s were much more detailed and with a more defined low end.

Two totally different iem's with different SS of which you appear to like the T2 but you do seem to have a plethora of KZ's:thinking: I find my T2's to be a D2000 light at least to my ears but then again this is the beauty of this hobby no one is really wrong in what they enjoy:thumbsup:Long as you are injoying your music you are a winner:wink:

Even kind of resemble the D2000:grinning:

D2002S5.JPG

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #32,052 of 63,917
The M50X is on the wall of fame at Inner fidelity. It is used as a studio monitor and some of its advantages include very low distortion in the sub-bass region, FR curve on target, built like a tank.

I am never selling mine.

May 8, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #32,053 of 63,917
Hi! I am new to the forum, but have a lot of KZ IEMs and got the new ZS10s. I agree to a lot of people here that their bass response bleeds into the mids, and I miss some of the sparkle of mine ZS5 v1. I am testing some EQ settings to make them more neutral, and I am getting very happy with the following one:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z1GVZWih9XuWuN6L6

(please tell me if the link works)
Z1GVZWih9XuWuN6L6

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #32,054 of 63,917
This is why I generally avoid Amazon.ca. They have the ZS10 for about $80 Canadian, but Ali has it for $60 Canadian.
Now I know why Bezos is getting $10 billion a month. I'm not kidding.

May 8, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #32,055 of 63,917
Hi! I am new to the forum, but have a lot of KZ IEMs and got the new ZS10s. I agree to a lot of people here that their bass response bleeds into the mids, and I miss some of the sparkle of mine ZS5 v1. I am testing some EQ settings to make them more neutral, and I am getting very happy with the following one:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z1GVZWih9XuWuN6L6

(please tell me if the link works)
Z1GVZWih9XuWuN6L6
Looking at the graph from audiobudget.com, I would rather cut 200-400Hz(the midrange low end). Always prefer a cut to a boost.
KZ_ZS10_FR.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back