Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 29, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #31,636 of 63,916
Why do you want those turds?

Worst pair of headphones I own.

Built like crap. Fit like crap. Sound like crap. Drivers are crap. Pads are crap. Can't mod them at all.

I'm in the US, but if I was in the EU I would not only send them to you free, I would pay YOU to take them off my hands.
With all respect, but I have never heard of a decent Chifi HEADphone. There are always good and cheap non-Chifi alternatives available: the mentioned Koss KS75 but also the Koss PortaPro and the new Koss KPH30i, several Sennheiser models (on sale), some AKGs (for US/Canada: cheap at Costco), the fabulous Phillips SHP9500S...but if somebody really wants mediocre, there is always Skullcandy, Urbanears, Monster...and Teufel for Germans.

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #31,639 of 63,916
Apr 29, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #31,641 of 63,916
Should I mention Hifiman?

of course... although I never get to hear those because they are never comfortable for me...

My husband has three.

Is Superlux Chinese? I love my Superlux HD 681 EVO

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #31,644 of 63,916
With all respect, but I have never heard of a decent Chifi HEADphone. There are always good and cheap non-Chifi alternatives available: the mentioned Koss KS75 but also the Koss PortaPro and the new Koss KPH30i, several Sennheiser models (on sale), some AKGs (for US/Canada: cheap at Costco), the fabulous Phillips SHP9500S...but if somebody really wants mediocre, there is always Skullcandy, Urbanears, Monster...and Teufel for Germans.

+1 for the SHP9500S. Best $60 open-back evar. :metal: :metal:

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #31,645 of 63,916
What about the built of headband ?
I wanted the headband for ksc75

Well, believe it or not, that's the original reason I even bought the KZ LP3.

The headband is OK I guess. It's equal to dollar-store quality. The plastic is very brittle. That's one of the challenges in trying to merge them with the KSC75 (while maintaining some cup rotation abilities.

At the end of the day, it's gonna be way easier and cheaper to just get the parts express headphones (or go to your local dollar store). Because those are 100% direct fit, and only cost a few dollars.

Apr 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #31,647 of 63,916
Please empty your Recycle Bin so my ocd can settle down.
Thank you.

uh oh... lol, I can't believe you noticed that. I don't even know what is in it. Not too worried... hasn't overflowed yet.

Apr 29, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #31,648 of 63,916
That's not what I meant. I don't lump Hifiman in with cheap no-name Chifi stuff; I don't think anybody does. it is a high-end brand name, founded in New York, with distribution center in Illinois and warehouse in Delaware - and worldwide distribution centres. The fact that the headquarters moved to China makes it as much Chifi as Sennheiser. And both are equally expensive.

I was referring to cheap headphones by more or less obscure companies as Chifi that ship from Chinese sellers directly to us customers - which may take weeks - not three days.

There has never been the need for me to order cheap headphones from China as I always got excellent deals here.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #31,649 of 63,916
here has never been the need for me to order cheap headphones from China as I always got excellent deals here.

But where else will you find these?

Mobile-Phone-Headphone-with-Microphone-Wooden-Coating-Big-Over-Ear-Headband-Winter-Warm-Headset-for-iPhone.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back