Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #31,621 of 63,966
There are so many choices for good to excellent sound. That was why I suggested the Hidden Gems thread. Like you, I do use good sources.

You need to hear from other runners. I don't run anymore and when I did I was alone with my thoughts... tried a few times with a Koss Porta Pro and found it annoying. For runs over 4 or 5 miles I usually ran with someone... so no need for music. Different times. My music was in the house ... Hi Fi system.
Lol, I "hate" running, lve the music, but as an athlete I need to run as a complement to my sport training. So HiFi audio helps me. Anything that would be good for sitting at home listening sound, would work for me. I like to be transported to my listening location while I'm actually doing my roadwork. Been using my V-moda Crossfade 2. Enjoy them, but would like I'm as they are smaller, and not a $300 pair that I'm sweating on. Had ZST and was ok, but interested in possible upgrade of ZS6, ZSR, ZS10. Just don't know which has most realistic audio presentation and frequency response

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #31,622 of 63,966
@mbwilson111 You and purple, go figure. Then again it's part of why I bought the Rose Pudding. Was kind of a risky blind purchase.

I am sitting here wearing a purple Tshirt with a purple fleece over it (chilly in the house... about 62 F) using my purple mouse on my purple mousemat, drinking tea from a purple mug that sits on a purple silicone coaster with a purple chair mat under my feet. And, there is something else purple in this photo (taken from where I sit):

10092091.jpg

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #31,623 of 63,966
@mbwilson111 You and purple, go figure. Then again it's part of why I bought the Rose Pudding. Was kind of a risky blind purchase.
how does rose pudding compare to other iems in the price range? I'm looking for a good iem in the sub 300 usd category. simply based on reviews, massdrop plus is at the top of my list of consideration.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #31,625 of 63,966
Sorry, i ment ZS10,

I was reading really negative things here, but really im surprised for the better.

Poersnally i think they provide a quality similar to the ZS6 without the harsh highs. but i find the housing big and cheap feeling.

I was hoping you meant the ZS10. Mine should be arriving this week. Comments have become less negative as more people get them, and get used to them. I had a long listen to my husband's pair before ordering mine and I enjoyed it. At the time it felt like he and I were the only ones enjoying them.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #31,626 of 63,966
how does rose pudding compare to other iems in the price range? I'm looking for a good iem in the sub 300 usd category. simply based on reviews, massdrop plus is at the top of my list of consideration.

While I enjoy it, I really never fell in love with it, but it’s great for bassy music. Also, many Rose IEMs have QC issues.

Which reminds me I should try ED15.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #31,627 of 63,966
Wonder how soon this 12 driver will be out. You can't even get your pre-order iems in before kz has already announced another!

Again I'm only using these mainly for an iem for on stage drumming and drum practice. I thought about selling my ZST locally, but at $14 for the ES4 I think I'll keep them for just in case back up.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #31,628 of 63,966
Purple should be the standard color instead of black.

Everyone knows purple sounds best. More clarity than black. Black is slightly too dark:)

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #31,629 of 63,966
Apr 29, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #31,630 of 63,966
Poersnally i think they provide a quality similar to the ZS6 without the harsh highs. but i find the housing big and cheap feeling.
The ZS6 will always be in its own league - for several reasons: super design "borrowed" from the Campfire Andromeda. Super metal housings. Great looking upgrade cables at reasonable prices available. And no other KZ model has had or will ever have this treble peak again.

Unique in its class!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #31,632 of 63,966
Anyone knows where can buy the KZ LP3 (sold out on most places i looked)?
If someone from EU have a pair and dont need it ,pm me .

Why do you want those turds?

Worst pair of headphones I own.

Built like crap. Fit like crap. Sound like crap. Drivers are crap. Pads are crap. Can't mod them at all.

I'm in the US, but if I was in the EU I would not only send them to you free, I would pay YOU to take them off my hands.

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #31,633 of 63,966
I am sitting here wearing a purple Tshirt with a purple fleece over it (chilly in the house... about 62 F) using my purple mouse on my purple mousemat, drinking tea from a purple mug that sits on a purple silicone coaster with a purple chair mat under my feet. And, there is something else purple in this photo (taken from where I sit):

10092091.jpg

Purple is awesome! My favorite color. Just saying

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #31,634 of 63,966

10092091.jpg

Please empty your Recycle Bin so my ocd can settle down.
Thank you.

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #31,635 of 63,966
Why do you want those turds?

Worst pair of headphones I own.

Built like crap. Fit like crap. Sound like crap. Drivers are crap. Pads are crap. Can't mod them at all.

I'm in the US, but if I was in the EU I would not only send them to you free, I would pay YOU to take them off my hands.

What about the built of headband ?
I wanted the headband for ksc75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back