1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. WildSeven
    Just get all the color so can mix and match for fun, aren't they suppose to be blue on one side and red on the other?

2. Otto Motor
    The Shoddy Shozy?

This guy is just brutal(ly honest): https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cri...ies-lcdi4-isine20-cipher-updated-8-11.857498/

An enteraining read!

zs3.jpg shozy.jpg kinera.jpg

3. paulindss
    CoiL and Bartig like this.
  4. vladstef
    I'd say a high ranking for T2 but other 2 probably stand very little chance - he commented how IT01 is an ok V shaped IEM for 100$, so wasn't very impressed. Imagine what he'd think of ZS5 then...
    Even T2 has quite apparent flaws but at least it's remotely natural sounding in the mid range.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    HungryPanda and paulindss like this.
  5. Makahl
    Good to know! I got the KZ Bluetooth for gym sessions but it's very weak on ZS3 and decent on ZST. Would be the Xiaomi an upgrade regarding SQ and power over KZ?

6. Otto Motor
    I'd speculate ibasso IT-01 in tear C (like the Focal Sphear) and Tinaudio T2 in tier C- (like the Fostex TE-02). KZ 5 v1. into D or D-, depending on what the author had for breakfast. ZS6 probably in tier E [predicted comment: "screaming, bass on vacation, design for pimps"] and VE Monk Plus into a Kinder surprise egg.

kinder.jpg

HungryPanda, paulindss and rfsux like this.
  7. DocHoliday
    archy121 likes this.
  8. Slater
    They are fierce competitors to one another, and not owned by the same people.

They try and duplicate each others products/similar products, as well as prices to anger and steal business from each other LOL

If you want to read about the "other" store, check the link in my signature.

rfsux and HungryPanda like this.
  9. FHSWarrior
    Hello everyone! Wow, haven't posted on head fi in a good little while.

Anyway, I still have a left over 50$ visa gift card from Christmas and I dont know what to do with it so i figure why not a new budget IEM?

My last IEM i bought was the cotton candy colored KZ ZST. I'm sure many new KZ models have came out since and now im looking to know what's the current best overall?

I've been thinking about getting either the new MEE audio m6 pro gen 2, or whatever the best KZ model 50 bucks can buy.

I would just like to know the best current overall KZ is and also which KZ model has best vocals? Thanks!

10. CardigdanWalk
    Do you have a link to the Xiaomi one @Slater (since there seems to be a lot out there!)

Thanks in advance

11. Slater
  12. Taters00
    EDIT: added photo and reposted later in thread

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. bsoplinger
    Considering that the cheapest top category IEM is $1300 and the average price of that category tops $2000 is it any surprise at all that anything under $500 gets a rating of better than just "doesn't do anything wrong?"

The highest rated <=$100 IEM is the VSonic GR07 which I thought I remembered reading reviews here that didn't care for it. Got a B-

Otto Motor, rayliam80 and DocHoliday like this.
  14. DocHoliday
    I went through the post and it was literally over $125,000 in IEMs.

The information is "nice to know"......
    ef2603d796c4ac6bfba7c2e42e4247ef.gif

but for me it's more of the same......
    motivate-your-self-picture-id184359582.jpg

Strat Rider and rayliam80 like this.
  15. Vestat
    Hi, I can't really advise you to buy the MEE M6 pro. I bought it just before getting the ZS6 and there is no comparison between the two.
    There are points of the M6 that are amazing.. like the ergonomics, they are light, very good accessory pack and definitely good value for money. But there is no chance for them to compete with the power and energy of the sound delivered by the ZS6. Soundstage of the ZS6 is much much better, bass response on another level, instrumental separation too.
    M6 are good if you need some basic music to go for a run, their shape and lightness are awesome and they really stick to your ears. But the sound is nowhere close to the ZS6 apart of the sibilant trebles.
    But don't get me wrong, M6 still deliver nice sound but the small driver is not exactly a monster in terms of technical sound production.
    I don't have the tennmak pro but I would like to give them a shot. Their shape is very close to the M6 but they hold a double dynamic driver. Reading reviews they should sound much better than the M6 with a slightly lower price.

hope this helps.