1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Hmmm, does anyone see any similarities between the last 2 FR graphs below?

1st is a stock ZS6. The 2nd is a (secret) modded ZS6. The 3rd is a ZS10.

Based on how I modded the ZS6 and the resulting FR graphs, I personally believe there was something very wrong with the ZS10 that thephonegraph.net received.

Stock ZS6:
    7F211D0F-8CD5-4C67-BFCB-57618EC9CA9F.png

Secret modded ZS6:
    ZS6vsZS10.jpg

Stock ZS10:
    KZ-ZS10-Frequency-Response-Curve.jpg

(ignore the fact that the phonograph.net FR graph goes to 24kHz)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    nkramer likes this.
  2. phower
    Dynamic drivers are usually unbalanced in the upper treble region while BA's should be matched very closely. Re-reading your original post about this problem, I would suggest that you repeat this exercise with somebody else preferebly someone < 25 years old and confirm the findings.

Wearing IEM's for several hours per day is not advisable since it gets too hot inside your ear and it promotes bacterial growth and the resulting inflammation might cause hearing loss.

Why don't you visit an audiologist?

P.S. The earphones should be fitted the same way in both ears to have the same treble response since it is sensitive to positioning.

3. Vestat
    Consider that sometimes excessive cleaning can help the creation of earwax masses if not done properly. I also suggest you to see your doctor that will tell you if there is some problem. Earwax is an easy problem to solve.

4. DSebastiao
    How do the TFZ King compare to KZ?

5. Mellowship
    KZ ZS5v1.

IMG_20180415_014310.jpg

6. archy121
    Thanks again for taking the time.
    Seems you are pretty happy with them playing EDM after eq changes.

To further improve the sound for EDM you should try different tips with wider bore as I have found this can help increase soundstage and overall immersiveness. The standards tips seem to have a narrow bore.

The nozzle has been described as short.
    Do the iem tips reach deep and seal well ? Also do the iem’s stay comfortable and in place for a long periods of listening ?

7. WildSeven
    If you are talking about comparing it to zs6 then I'd say the King wins in every aspect except that treble spike. King is pretty balanced and thanks to that graphene driver they sound fantastic with EDM and female vocal.
    But I am a treble freak and I like the zs6 treble cannon, that's why the King's been sitting in the box collecting dust.

The built on the King is a little sloppy, you can see a 0.5mm gap between the metal face plate and the plastic housing, dust can get hidden and that's my only dislike. They do fit better then the zs6, and seals better.

Right now the zs6 sound signature suits me and is my favorite at the moment.

DSebastiao likes this.
  8. charlescc2
    So I ordered a second KZ Bluetooth cable, this one appears to be a slightly different version of the prior one I bought. To put my first cable into discoverable mode you have to hold the plus and play buttons at the same time while the cable is off. This method is not working for my second cable, nor is any other combination of button presses. I've tried everything with the cable both on and off. It does turn on, but I also do not hear the beep notification that I get on my first cable when holding plus after the cable is at max volume, so I think something may be wrong with the plus button.

Is there something I'm missing here or does this sound like a defective cable?

9. Slater
    All of my KZ bluetooth cables work exactly like this (click for larger view):

KZ Bluetooth cable.jpg

So if yours won't do these functions, I would say it's defective.

Strat Rider and charlescc2 like this.
  10. Aparker2005
    Mine from Nick haven't shipped either. Still processing

11. Otto Motor
    Now that sounds interesting and mysterious. First, is this the ZS6 washer mod (or why is the mode secret?). Second, what is wrong with your last two FR graphs?

12. Slater
    No, not washer modded. This was mods to the ZS6 BA drivers, and affects >4kHz.

The point was the striking similarities between the middle graph (ie my new modded ZS6) and the last graph (stock ZS10 f/thephonograph.net)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

paulindss likes this.
  13. WildSeven
    Definitely better then stock.
    Small piece cut from the white part on a swiffer duster, removed one thin layer on one side.

IMG_20180414_234059_156.jpg
    IMG_20180414_233758_125.jpg

14. bsoplinger
    That's to tame the ZS6 treble?

C2thew likes this.
  15. WildSeven
    I like treble, not mean to tame it but to smooth it.

C2thew and bsoplinger like this.