1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. HungryPanda
    I just looked at the status of mine and it now says shipment cancelled. Bah!
    Ron.this is my hell.gif

groucho69 likes this.
  2. toddy0191
    Oh no!

Did you buy them from the kz store?

My ZS10s are now also enroute!!!

3. HungryPanda
    yes but on the ali site it says that but that is on the original tracking number, there is a message from KZ Official store with different tracking number so I have no clue what is happening

4. HungryPanda
    I ordered the ZS10's from NiceHck and they have not even shipped yet

5. DSebastiao
  6. Saoshyant
    I'm always a little sad nobody gives a joke response to a question. I would have said something like you insert the BAs into a sensitive bit of flesh and if you feel vibrations they work.

7. groucho69
    I told you that in confidence!

djmakemynight and riffrafff like this.
  8. DocHoliday
    Nope, few weeks after release. First the red then the green and now the black. Next are the Pewter ZS6 but there's no rush since I have three pairs and I'm waiting for more ZSR colors, so........

DSebastiao likes this.
  9. WildSeven
    I did checked my current ZS6 with my TFZ King and my T7A as reference.

Here's the result:

10 Hz >> 200 Hz - image sounds perfectly centered
    22 kHz >> 8 kHz - image sounds perfectly centered from 22 kHz to 11 kHz, image from 11 kHz > 9.5 kHz is shifted to left side then comes back to center from 9.5 kHz > 8 kHz

Is this a busted BA driver or simply driver unbalance?

10. Slater
    Sounds like they were too big (of a diameter).

On Aliexpress, there's a few sellers that have the same style of foam tip, only in SML sizes.

I'll bet if you tried a smaller size of tip, it wouldn't cause any pain.

charlescc2 likes this.
  11. Makahl
    I'm a bit confused, have you tried the ZS6, TFZ King, T7A but only ZS6 is showing up this problem?

12. EssentialEDM
    I have a bit more time now. Soundstage on these isn't massive, it doesn't have that inside your head sound but I wouldn't say it extends more than an inch outside of your head. Imaging is great on these although it is more horizontal than vertical. Seperation is much better than my zs5, much less congested sounding and veiled. I have just tested using an eq, they respond very well to it as sub bass is very detailed once boosted, I found that a v shaped eq sounded best to me. I thought highs were good on these already but using an eq really let's the ba's shine as vocals are brought more forward.

I hope that was helpful as I haven't much experience in writing one of these.

Here's a pic of it in my ear:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  13. Slater
    You may want to rotate that back just a little bit more (about another 45 degrees). It's not quite where it's designed to be.

The black jack is supposed to be pushed all the way back - just up against the beginning of the helix. Then the bottom of the IEM will tuck right into the intertragic notch like a glove.

Anatomy-of-external-ear-1.png

C2thew, rayliam80 and Otto Motor like this.
  14. WildSeven
    Correct. The image on TFZ King and T7A are perfectly centered throughout all frequency spectrum.
    The image on ZS6 from 10 kHz to 9 kHz is shifted to left side a bit then comes back center on 8 kHz, is like it got swayed to left then back to center.

As I mentioned earlier I was sensitive to certain sound in my left ear, if this is caused by the faulty zs6 I will have to dump it. I don't want it to cause any hearing problem to my ear.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  15. EssentialEDM
    Don't worry it sort of became loose whilst trying to take the photos, I find the stock tips don't grip massively well and will occasionally unseal, looking at them in the mirror now after adjustment they are more like how you say. I hope to get a pair of foam tips soon, maybe the shures unless you know of a better value pair?

Slater likes this.