1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Otto Motor
    Has anybody received the ED15? I'll get the ZS10 on Tuesday and the ED15 shortly thereafter - both are in the hands of Canada Post.

cp.jpg

2. TLDRonin
    I really don't think its fair to call the ZS10 bad after so little reviews

3. snip3r77
    Most of kz iem is tuned strangely and neutral is the last thing that you're going to find here

4. snip3r77
    I'm on the same boat as you. Nice hck shipping on Monday . It's 2 weeks lmao.

Some other items have already reached

5. charlescc2
    Perfect, this does it.

Slater likes this.
  6. kramercosmo
    I have 4 pair of ATE/ATR with broken cable or bad connector.

1. How hard is it to mod with Mmcx connector? I already have soldering iron.

2. How and why do some of you have ventholes in ATE/ATR?

7. themindfreak
    When did you place your order? My ZS10 from NiceHCK has just reached Singapore. I placed my order before the big aliexpress sale

Edit: Just checked aliex, I ordered on the 23rd of May

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  8. HungryPanda
    I placed my order first day of the recent anniversary sale

9. themindfreak
    You might wanna PM Jim from NiceHCK and ask him about stock inventory of ZS10. I don't believe they don't have the stock to ship to you

10. Aevum
    Anyone thinks KZ is too sensative to critics and that is ruining their high end IEMs ?

The ZS5 was good, a bit blurry with some detail retrival issues and treble rolloff, combined with the 2nd armature in the middle of the casing instead of the usual nuzzle.
    so we get the ZS5 v2 and the ZS6 which have a dual armature in the nuzzle which improves detail but overshoots with the treble making them fatiguing for long use or treble rich songs, even with some sources making them unusable with sibilance.

Now the ZS10 while having 4 armatures + DD per side we are seeing a Treble roll off and a darker earphone, meaning that they crippled the treble due to the critics of the ZS6.

I think KZ shoild stop and retune the headphones outside input from criticism.

11. Slater
    My thoughts exactly: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2039#post-14172573

12. Bartig
    So much judging going on while the majority of us didn’t even test the ZS10 yet...

JohnVoight, archy121 and Tweeters like this.
  13. Slater
    My comments were based on personally owning the ZS6, both versions of the ZS5, and the FR graph posted by thephonograph.net (science FTW). I didn't even read thephonograph's review because I didn't want to be biased by their opinion.

It's obvious from the ZS10 FR graph that there's signficant treble roll-off; this cannot be denied. Maybe thephonograph.net got a defective pair and there's no treble roll-off at whatsoever - I'd love to be proven wrong.

So armed with that knowledge, coupled with ownership of and months & months of listening to the ZS5 v1, ZS5v2, and ZS6, I don't feel that my observation was just blind/baseless judging.

14. WalterTorino
    Nothing personal to the zs10 :) I thought that zs10 is bad for me because of amount of bass. I didn't want to say that zs10 is bad at all, just not what I'm looking for :)

15. zazaboy
    @Otto Motor where did you buy the kz zs10 and ed15 ? which seller has them in stock ?