Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #30,286 of 63,643
First impressions with KZ Zs6; they are bright (I think maybe just a little bit too much for me) and deliver accurate punchy bass. I let them burn-in for some time and see what happens. I do have upgraded cable and New Bee tips, looking forward to them as well. So far Im pretty impressed, I think these will beat my sennheiser momentum in-ears - they got really sibilant highs with bigger volume. I got to say, I had a little difficulties to wear these guys but I think Im going to get used to it.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #30,287 of 63,643
@Sebilion I know this a long shot.. but do you consider the kz zs10 an upgrade over kz zs6.. is it worth the upgrade... or shall I skip it if I have kz zs6... what do you think ? do you think its a huge upgrade?

and how is the treble is it the same brightness or is it brighter? thanks
I would consider them an upgrade, but it depends on what kind of signature you prefer. If you like treble and warm signature, go for kz zs6. If you like more natural sound and a bit less treble go for kz zs10. But for me personally the fit is difficult

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #30,288 of 63,643
I would consider them an upgrade, but it depends on what kind of signature you prefer. If you like treble and warm signature, go for kz zs6. If you like more natural sound and a bit less treble go for kz zs10. But for me personally the fit is difficult
Thanks for your first impressions, Sebillion! I will tweak my expectations a bit. Well, fortunately, I also have seven others IEM's coming my way. :p

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #30,289 of 63,643
Thanks Seb for your first impressions.

I think I will go for trying the KZ ZSR ($28 on amazon delivered next day) instead of the ZS10. To be honest, I dont even know why I want to buy them as I am perfectly happy with my current IEMs. Hopefully they have rumbling bass with decent mids and clear treble extension. (Sounds like im describing my BGVP DM5s lol)

I guess I'm just curious how much sound you can get out of a sub $30 triple hybrid vs my FLC8S or LZ-A4.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #30,291 of 63,643

I think I will go for trying the KZ ZSR ($28 on amazon delivered next day) instead of the ZS10. To be honest, I dont even know why I want to buy them as I am perfectly happy with my current IEMs. Hopefully they have rumbling bass with decent mids and clear treble extension. (Sounds like im describing my BGVP DM5s lol)

I guess I'm just curious how much sound you can get out of a sub $30 triple hybrid vs my FLC8S or LZ-A4.
I haven't tried the kz zsr so I can't comment on them, but the kz zs10 sound a little bit like lz a4 red front and black back, of course not as good but really close and I haven't even burned them yet. They are not bad, they are for bass lovers and people who like wide sound stage and good separation with deep vocals. They may sound a bit muddy at times though and I still have comfort issues. But it's just day one

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #30,292 of 63,643
First impressions with KZ Zs6; they are bright (I think maybe just a little bit too much for me) and deliver accurate punchy bass. I let them burn-in for some time and see what happens. I do have upgraded cable and New Bee tips, looking forward to them as well. So far Im pretty impressed, I think these will beat my sennheiser momentum in-ears - they got really sibilant highs with bigger volume. I got to say, I had a little difficulties to wear these guys but I think Im going to get used to it.

Foams yet? Give them some time to break in and a good set of foam tips and it usually calms the treble a bit.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #30,293 of 63,643

Interesting to me that you compare the LZa4 when you have the A5 in your signature - Do you see the LZA5 as a step backward from the A4?

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #30,295 of 63,643
Left side of my KZ ZS3 from Gearbest ordered 22 december has completely died. Too bad, I really liked them for their fit paired with BT cable during workouts.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #30,296 of 63,643
Apr 9, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #30,297 of 63,643
Left side of my KZ ZS3 from Gearbest ordered 22 december has completely died. Too bad, I really liked them for their fit paired with BT cable during workouts.

The batch of ZS3 from that time frame were defective:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/apr...meizu-ep51-23-99.832367/page-75#post-13961425
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/apr...meizu-ep51-23-99.832367/page-83#post-13981998

Gearbest is aware of it, and will take care of it for you. If customer service gives you the runaround, get George involved to get it addressed (as he is definitely aware).

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #30,298 of 63,643
With those first opinions about the ZS10, as the signature is different from the ZS6, it may be now interesting to see comparisons between them and the ZSR. If, versus the ZS6, they have more bass, less treble, bigger soundstage, plastic housing... from that they seem more similar to the ZSR. Maybe they a more a direct upgrade from them.

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #30,299 of 63,643
KZ just a reminder for the ZS4:

R0OzYlM.jpg

Also, I'd love to see PVC tubes for the DD and 2pin sockets wired correctly.

Best regards!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #30,300 of 63,643
Yes, you're right, I did manage to see them, very poor placement and smallish vents, that's probably why they sound so different from the kz zs6. For some they may sound really good, but they are definitely not as natural as the kz zs6, on the good side of this the treble is not so harsh! I just have to figure out how to keep them from falling off my ears....

Damn, i was definitely hoping for them to keep the long nozzles of the ZSR... too bad they came back to the short nozzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back