Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 9, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #30,272 of 63,929
Hi, I just get ZS5 but I cant plug cable. I tried different angles and lot of force, everything seem undamaged. It is normal?

I also needed a bit of skill plus some brute force.. Just be sure you plug the connector on a perfect 90° line to avoid any damage to the pins.. then progressively increase force while pushing on that axis. If you feel you are breaking something, just stop, double check what you're doing and try again. I believe this is just to prevent the cable to fall down during regular use.

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #30,276 of 63,929
My kz zs10 just arrived! I will try them and compare them to my kz zs6 when I go home this evening. Is there anything in particular you want me to test?

Very interesting, thanks in advance for your effort.
I am not particularly attracted by the product but would definitely be happy to read something about it. Especially compared to the ZS6 that you actually own would be amazing.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #30,278 of 63,929
My kz zs10 just arrived! I will try them and compare them to my kz zs6 when I go home this evening. Is there anything in particular you want me to test?

I am most interested in the soundstage and resolution of details compared to the ZS6. Also wonder if the ZS10 will have better, more pronounced mids compared to the ZS6.

Just imo, I didn't mind the treble or the bass on the ZS6. People considered the ZS6 ever so slightly v-shaped and I can understand that. I just felt, minus maybe the treble sometimes, the ZS6 was ideal. The ability of the ZS6 to resolve details was great for the price.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #30,280 of 63,929
First impressions of kz zs10:
- I don't like the plastic casing, it feels cheap and it doesn't have any indication on which is L and which is R. I had put them wrong and the sound was horrible I had to use my HTC 10 to figure it out
- They have very different sound signature to the kz zs6, the feel more muddy a little bit when it comes to the bass and don't have the huge treble of their predecessor
- I like the sound stage and separation but I was expecting better sound quality, they don't have any vents for the sound to escape so maybe that's why
- They sound as an upgrade to the kz zs6 in terms of sound but this is just a personal preference
- I need some time with them and the kz zs6 to get a better feel of their differences
- Vocals are more refined and more front
- They are not comfortable to my ears at all
- I like the braided cable they come with
- I am too scared to open them but I would love to know how the drivers are placed because I have a feeling that the dynamic driver is actually in front this time.
I will update again tomorrow after I have more time to listen to them in depth

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #30,281 of 63,929
- I don't like the plastic casing, it feels cheap and it doesn't have any indication on which is L and which is R. I had put them wrong and the sound was horrible I had to use my HTC 10 to figure it out
- They have very different sound signature to the kz zs6, the feel more muddy a little bit when it comes to the bass and don't have the huge treble of their predecessor
- I like the sound stage and separation but I was expecting better sound quality, they don't have any vents for the sound to escape so maybe that's why
- They sound as an upgrade to the kz zs6 in terms of sound but this is just a personal preference
- I need some time with them and the kz zs6 to get a better feel of their differences
- I am too scared to open them but I would love to know how the drivers are placed because I have a feeling that the dynamic driver is actually in front this time.

Hmmm, maybe try using it with a different cable or try different tips?

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #30,282 of 63,929

They have 3 vents according to photos that I've seen and I would say that 2 are acting as a back vent and one is front (pretty much like ZS5/ZS6).
Positioning is questionable, I think that many people will have covered some of these vents with their ears and perhaps you are covering the front vent and that's why it's muddy sounding. This is not your fault and maybe it's not even happening but vents are definitely positioned without much consideration. One could say that they did the same with ZS5/6 but they have more of a flat area there which is close to impossible to fully cover regardless of someone's ear shape.

This is all just a guess.

You can see 3 vents on this photo. 2 are clearly visible and third one is directly on top of dynamic driver, close to the center of it.

TB2NGKIgVuWBuNjSszbXXcS7FXa_!!1651193731.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #30,284 of 63,929
They have 3 vents according to photos that I've seen and I would say that 2 are acting as a back vent and one is front (pretty much like ZS5/ZS6).
Positioning is questionable, I think that many people will have covered some of these vents with their ears and perhaps you are covering the front vent and that's why it's muddy sounding. This is not your fault and maybe it's not even happening but vents are definitely positioned without much consideration. One could say that they did the same with ZS5/6 but they have more of a flat area there which is close to impossible to fully cover regardless of someone's ear shape.

This is all just a guess.

You can see 3 vents on this photo. 2 are clearly visible and third one is directly on top of dynamic driver, close to the center of it.

TB2NGKIgVuWBuNjSszbXXcS7FXa_!!1651193731.jpg
Yes, you're right, I did manage to see them, very poor placement and smallish vents, that's probably why they sound so different from the kz zs6. For some they may sound really good, but they are definitely not as natural as the kz zs6, on the good side of this the treble is not so harsh! I just have to figure out how to keep them from falling off my ears....

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #30,285 of 63,929
@Sebilion I know this a long shot.. but do you consider the kz zs10 an upgrade over kz zs6.. is it worth the upgrade... or shall I skip it if I have kz zs6... what do you think ? do you think its a huge upgrade?

and how is the treble is it the same brightness or is it brighter? thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back