Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #26,041 of 63,834
My ZS5 is just doing a World Tour…
Just think how much better it will sound with that worldy exposure to so many more types of music :astonished:

I ordered a set of Jay's from Sweden. I'm in the USA. My IEMs made a tour through Belgium, Germany and Denmark before arriving here. I'm still burning them in but I hope they haven't developed an accent? :smiling_imp:

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #26,042 of 63,834
unpopular opinion: So i recieved my kz zs6 i week ago,i like the metal build,they fit great in my ears like the zst i had(its like kz designed them for my ears lol)even though i have the silver cable i never used it,i liked the stock cable better,for tips i use spinfits or rha dual flange(the best dual imo) as for the sound,wow. very nice soundstage,even more bassy than the zst wihout intefering with the mids,and somehow i never experienced piercing highs whatever the song i played,they are my new daily iems and they probably be for a while,

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #26,043 of 63,834
Over-ear cables definitely have had less cable noise in my experience, and it makes sense. I do still keep an eye out for some cable-down earbuds since they are much easier to put in and take out of your ears and are also much easier to store. I carry one over-ear and one cable-down in my bag. Long sessions get the over-ear ZS5. Shorter sessions get the other one. Currently bringing around the Boarseman CX98 for cable-down usage. They are bass light, probably not what you're looking for. But anyways, you get my point.

Just one more little question

Do u think memt x5 are better than rock zircon? People said rock zircon are so good but i'm really amazed about how the memt x5 are reviewed online

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #26,045 of 63,834
oh i see, so every headfiers here saying the the kz's iems benefits from silver cable is a lie? hmmm

Compared to the stock cable, the silver upgrade cables are softer/more flexible, look better, is more comfortable, and has less microphonics. That is no lie sir.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #26,046 of 63,834
So, if u guys had to tip me a good iem in that price tag 15-18 what would u recommend me?
I love deep bass and rumbles, and the kz zs3 sounded lovely for what i listen to, but my ears get sick after one min.

If you're willing to try a non-KZ IEM, try the UiiSii CM5. You can buy the black one for around $18 and it blows the MEMT X5, Rock Zircon, etc out of the water: https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-UiiSii-CM5-Headphones-Comfortable/dp/B07415PGTY

Comfortable, built very well, plenty of bass, excellent sound, you can exercise with it, and it is worn behind the ear.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #26,047 of 63,834
Compared to the stock cable, the silver upgrade cables are softer/more flexible, look better, is more comfortable, and has less microphonics. That is no lie sir.
I think the problem is that the reason everyone (well the concensus) likes the braided silver upgrade cable has nothing to do with sound. I really like how it lies. That is its physical behavior compared to the factory cable. But perhaps the original poster was expecting a sonic upgrade?

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #26,048 of 63,834
I'm a bit confused. Basically you say you like them. I rather felt that on this KZ-centric thread that was the popular opinion, that they are good. :confused:

unpopular as that i like them as they are out of the box.most people dont like the stock cable very much,they find the shell a bit bulky ,and also find them very piercing as they do with the zs5 v2,i dont know if that issue was resolved or its was just a bad bunch that was delivered last month(s) to customers,at least that was my impression from reading the thread for the past month

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #26,049 of 63,834
I think the problem is that the reason everyone (well the concensus) likes the braided silver upgrade cable has nothing to do with sound. I really like how it lies. That is its physical behavior compared to the factory cable. But perhaps the original poster was expecting a sonic upgrade?

Yeah, that's how I read it.

No sound difference. I have seen some of the stock KZ cables having a high impedance (I think the stock ZS3 cable), and the silver upgrade cable is much lower. Impedance can affect the sound in avery very minor way (but even this is debatable by some). Perhaps this is what he is thinking of?

The bottom line is to buy the silver cable for the reasons I listed, not for a sound upgrade (because there really is none).

Perpahs a set of cable lifters would make a bigger sound difference LOL

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #26,050 of 63,834
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #26,051 of 63,834
According to Gearbest, my order was shipped out via Azerbaijan Air Mail. Must have been via carrier pigeon air mail...
Mine were shipped AEL as well, on October 27, to Miami. They arrived yesterday, so I guess there is hope. The bad news for me is that my address in Miami is a freight forwarder who sends them to me in Paraguay, where I am currently living. So, I have another week to wait for them. The good news is that the freight forwarder is 100% reliable, so I will get them with no customs nonsense, pilfering, etc...

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #26,052 of 63,834
If you're willing to try a non-KZ IEM, try the UiiSii CM5. You can buy the black one for around $18 and it blows the MEMT X5, Rock Zircon, etc out of the water: https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-UiiSii-CM5-Headphones-Comfortable/dp/B07415PGTY

Comfortable, built very well, plenty of bass, excellent sound, you can exercise with it, and it is worn behind the ear.

The problem is i shipped back my zs3 as they were uncomfy.. i seriously doubt that kind of form factor would be good to my ears.. that's why i wanted to pick something with down-cable..

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #26,053 of 63,834
Just a heads up for Indian Head-Fiers.

Glad that I discovered about Gearbest recently. AliExpress shipping sucks for India (Main culprit is India Post). Opt for Priority line on Gearbest which costs almost nothing, add shipping insurance and get the parcels delivered super fast (usual time for me was 6-10 days) via Gati Courier. Also faced no custom charges via this route in my 11 orders experience on Gearbest. Used to get charged unpredictably with AliExpress standard shipping. Paid 45% duty on my Topping NX1 and >200% duty on a cheapo usb fan that I had ordered.

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #26,055 of 63,834
The problem is i shipped back my zs3 as they were uncomfy.. i seriously doubt that kind of form factor would be good to my ears.. that's why i wanted to pick something with down-cable..

You don't know until you try.

I have 2 dozen behind-the-ear IEMs, and they all fit differently. The CM5 is one of the most comfortable and ergonomic fitting of my behind-the-ear collection.

ZS3 can be ill-fitting in some people. Don't judge the comfort and fit of all behind-the-ear IEMs on one single behind-the-ear IEM. That is like saying "The seats in the 2017 Honda Civic weren't comfortable, so I will purchase a motorcycle because the seats in every car must be uncomfortable like the seats in the Civic".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back