Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 6, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #26,011 of 63,922
Yeah, that's been mentioned by the (mediocre and shady) YouTube reviewer TechmanZ.

What's so shady about TechmanZ, haha? He's better than a lot of others out there, buys mostly everything he reviews (for those that care) and is about as straightforward as it gets. Mind you he could spend more time with something before reviewing it, though we're not really his target audience so I doubt his main audience would care.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #26,012 of 63,922
I thought that pretty much the only way to get low latency Bluetooth audio was to have AptX (ie v4.1) on both sides of the transmission? Is I wrong?
Not 100% sure.

I’ve used the EP52 with my iPhone SE, iPod Tough 5G, and Acer Chromebook (so far), none of which have aptX.
To get the ~40ms latency that's advertised, both sides need aptX LL (Low Latency) actually, not just aptX.

SBC latency can be... all over the place :shrug:

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #26,014 of 63,922
To get the ~40ms latency that's advertised, both sides need aptX LL (Low Latency) actually, not just aptX.

SBC latency can be... all over the place :shrug:

Well, like I said none of my sources are using aptX. And the EP52 has no detectable delay, where the KZ is ridiculously long.

KZ is fine for music. But EP52 works for music and movies/videos.

No clue what the non-aptX delay measures on the EP52. But I can't detect any with my eyes and ears watching a video. So that's good enough proof for me, regardless of what the scientific specifications say it is/should be.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #26,015 of 63,922
What's so shady about TechmanZ, haha? He's better than a lot of others out there, buys mostly everything he reviews (for those that care) and is about as straightforward as it gets. Mind you he could spend more time with something before reviewing it, though we're not really his target audience so I doubt his main audience would care.

He's a moocher. Every video he posts is an affiliated link.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #26,016 of 63,922
ZS6 3.png

"Gimme fuel! Gimme fire! Gimme that which I desire! Ooh! Yeah!"​

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #26,017 of 63,922
Hi all, keep reading the posts here make me wonder anyone really do hardware checking on the components used within the ZS6? I run through some checking within the online world and from what been found the ZS6 is really worth the money just from the components it used for the build.

1. Aluminium body case
2. 4 pcs of KZ 30095 BA
3. 2 pcs of NiceHCK 6mm DD
4. 2 pcs of NiceHCK 10mm DD
5. The original cable
For all these and the super crazy GB discount, I get mine for just USD19.99 with free shipping!!! :relaxed:

And for me the hardware is good enough and what the important would be how serious the manufacturer do the tuning especially on those passive crossover hi/lo/band pass filter. Do read a lots ppls saying the treble gain too much, I really anxious wait for my ZS6 to arrive and do some "NORMAL" human ears testing on it... cheers :v:

Below the link for all those components that sales on Aliexpress:

Replacement Knowles BA - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...e-Speaker-Knowles-Earphone/1000001396804.html
6mm DD - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...DYI-Moving-Coil-Bass/1825606_32447148873.html
10mm DD - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-Speaker-Accessories/1825606_32437915048.html

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #26,019 of 63,922
Nope... they are clearly KZ branded BAs. KZ certainly doesn't claim to be using any Knowles products, though some resellers might be less than honest about the situation.
You sure, anyone who have an opened BA from the ZS5/ZS6? because from the ripped off snap shoot in the web clearly shown the Knowles logo on the BA and the part# 30095 which is confirmed valid part# from the supplier.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #26,020 of 63,922
You sure, anyone who have an opened BA from the ZS5/ZS6? because from the ripped off snap shoot in the web clearly shown the Knowles logo on the BA and the part# 30095 which is confirmed valid part# from the supplier.
Most of the posts have been taken down unfortunately, but many people have opened them up and confirmed that they are KZ branded BAs. There's probably still a few lingering pics back about 400 pages ago in this thread.

As I said, KZ does not claim to be using any Knowles products, though they do share a model number, which can be confusing - but check the KZ official store, there is no mention of Knowles anywhere, and the BAs shown are clearly KZ branded. Chalk it up to confusion on model numbers or deceptive marketing by resellers

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #26,021 of 63,922
Most of the posts have been taken down unfortunately, but many people have opened them up and confirmed that they are KZ branded BAs. There's probably still a few lingering pics back about 400 pages ago in this thread.

As I said, KZ does not claim to be using any Knowles products, though they do share a model number, which can be confusing - but check the KZ official store, there is no mention of Knowles anywhere, and the BAs shown are clearly KZ branded. Chalk it up to confusion on model numbers or deceptive marketing by resellers
I think you're correct, below the share out by someone here

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #26,022 of 63,922
I think you're correct, below the share out by someone here

Yup, KZ makes their own BAs (or has them made for them by 1 of the few mega Chinese BA manufacturers).

They aren't Knowles, nor does KZ claim them to be.

As was pointed out, most low end ChiFi IEMs that claim to use Knowles (by sellers and/or manufacturers) are lying, or else they are counterfeit Knowles which are very common. Same goes with most MUSES01 and MUSES02 op-amps - there's so many counterfeits that it's literally impossible for a seller to sell a complete amp board for $30 shipped when a genuine MUSES02 op-amp COSTS $30-$40 BY ITSELF.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #26,023 of 63,922

Users who are viewing this thread

Back