1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. B9Scrambler
    What's so shady about TechmanZ, haha? He's better than a lot of others out there, buys mostly everything he reviews (for those that care) and is about as straightforward as it gets. Mind you he could spend more time with something before reviewing it, though we're not really his target audience so I doubt his main audience would care.

Jay Magaling likes this.
  2. vector84
    To get the ~40ms latency that's advertised, both sides need aptX LL (Low Latency) actually, not just aptX.

SBC latency can be... all over the place :shrug:

bsoplinger likes this.
  3. HungryPanda
    My iems are in cases labeled and in one little flightcase my earbuds the same

4. Slater
    Well, like I said none of my sources are using aptX. And the EP52 has no detectable delay, where the KZ is ridiculously long.

KZ is fine for music. But EP52 works for music and movies/videos.

No clue what the non-aptX delay measures on the EP52. But I can't detect any with my eyes and ears watching a video. So that's good enough proof for me, regardless of what the scientific specifications say it is/should be.

5. kokakolia
    He's a moocher. Every video he posts is an affiliated link.

6. B9Scrambler
    ZS6 3.png

"Gimme fuel! Gimme fire! Gimme that which I desire! Ooh! Yeah!" ​

7. sklchan
    Hi all, keep reading the posts here make me wonder anyone really do hardware checking on the components used within the ZS6? I run through some checking within the online world and from what been found the ZS6 is really worth the money just from the components it used for the build.

1. Aluminium body case
    2. 4 pcs of KZ 30095 BA
    3. 2 pcs of NiceHCK 6mm DD
    4. 2 pcs of NiceHCK 10mm DD
    5. The original cable
    For all these and the super crazy GB discount, I get mine for just USD19.99 with free shipping!!! :relaxed:

And for me the hardware is good enough and what the important would be how serious the manufacturer do the tuning especially on those passive crossover hi/lo/band pass filter. Do read a lots ppls saying the treble gain too much, I really anxious wait for my ZS6 to arrive and do some "NORMAL" human ears testing on it... cheers :v:

Below the link for all those components that sales on Aliexpress:

Replacement Knowles BA - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...e-Speaker-Knowles-Earphone/1000001396804.html
    6mm DD - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...DYI-Moving-Coil-Bass/1825606_32447148873.html
    10mm DD - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-Speaker-Accessories/1825606_32437915048.html

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  8. vector84
    Nope... they are clearly KZ branded BAs. KZ certainly doesn't claim to be using any Knowles products, though some resellers might be less than honest about the situation.

9. sklchan
    You sure, anyone who have an opened BA from the ZS5/ZS6? because from the ripped off snap shoot in the web clearly shown the Knowles logo on the BA and the part# 30095 which is confirmed valid part# from the supplier.

10. vector84
    Most of the posts have been taken down unfortunately, but many people have opened them up and confirmed that they are KZ branded BAs. There's probably still a few lingering pics back about 400 pages ago in this thread.

As I said, KZ does not claim to be using any Knowles products, though they do share a model number, which can be confusing - but check the KZ official store, there is no mention of Knowles anywhere, and the BAs shown are clearly KZ branded. Chalk it up to confusion on model numbers or deceptive marketing by resellers

11. sklchan
    I think you're correct, below the share out by someone here

[​IMG]

AudioObsession likes this.
  12. Slater
    Yup, KZ makes their own BAs (or has them made for them by 1 of the few mega Chinese BA manufacturers).

They aren't Knowles, nor does KZ claim them to be.

As was pointed out, most low end ChiFi IEMs that claim to use Knowles (by sellers and/or manufacturers) are lying, or else they are counterfeit Knowles which are very common. Same goes with most MUSES01 and MUSES02 op-amps - there's so many counterfeits that it's literally impossible for a seller to sell a complete amp board for $30 shipped when a genuine MUSES02 op-amp COSTS $30-$40 BY ITSELF.

13. Vytautas
  14. larry piencenaves
    i just bought the silver cable for my zs3, and i dont hear any significant difference in sound, does this need a cable burn in or something?

15. FastAndClean
    You need to talk to the cable gently every day for one hour before bed and it will open up the good stuff in the sound of your in ears

oyobass likes this.