Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #25,983 of 63,958
Sorry I don't buy that excuse. Sellers offer free shipping as an enticement to order from them. Just because it's 'free', doesn't mean it should be unacceptably slow. 3 months is absolutely pathetic in the 21st century.

Hmm...not when it ships from a slow Cargo ship across the world. Also, the Cargo ship has to be filled up. It doesn't happen overnight. I think you gotta manage your expectations a little bit.

Further, there are many great alternatives out there with 2 day shipping. You just have to pay a little more.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #25,986 of 63,958
That right one looks damaged?

Yikes, good catch as I've not really even done much with them since I'm waiting on my tri-braid! Seems it was some kind of glue debris or something took a soft cloth and water and it has come off or at least my old eyes don't see it anymore?

Slater Catch.JPG

However I was disappointed my Gearbest pair did not come with Starline like my black pair from KZ:disappointed:

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #25,987 of 63,958
With free shipping, you get what you pay for.
I wanted to see what all the hype was about, so I placed an order for a KZ IEM on July 14th. I chose free shipping expecting a 1-2 month wait and it never arrived. After contacting them, the store that sold it to me was unwilling to help locate the package or send a replacement. Sometimes you don't get anything at all.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #25,988 of 63,958
I wanted to see what all the hype was about, so I placed an order for a KZ IEM on July 14th. I chose free shipping expecting a 1-2 month wait and it never arrived. After contacting them, the store that sold it to me was unwilling to help locate the package or send a replacement. Sometimes you don't get anything at all.

From Aliexpress? Gerbest? What IEM if you don't mind me asking.

I actually had all of my IEMs in my car at the Ohio CanJam - if I had known, I could have found the one you wanted and let you had a listen :)

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #25,989 of 63,958
Yikes, good catch as I've not really even done much with them since I'm waiting on my tri-braid! Seems it was some kind of glue debris or something took a soft cloth and water and it has come off or at least my old eyes don't see it anymore?

However I was disappointed my Gearbest pair did not come with Starline like my black pair from KZ:disappointed:

Hmmm, crud on the earpiece and missing the eartips? Sounds fishy...as in used.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #25,990 of 63,958
Hmmm, crud on the earpiece and missing the eartips? Sounds fishy...as in used.

@Slater , they had new tips on them and as far as they looked it was factory sealed:wink:

@AxelCloris , if you would not mind could you share that seller with this crowd?

Did I mention I 'Hate" KZ:rolling_eyes: LOL

KZ Hybrids.JPG

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #25,991 of 63,958
From Aliexpress? Gerbest? What IEM if you don't mind me asking.

I actually had all of my IEMs in my car at the Ohio CanJam - if I had known, I could have found the one you wanted and let you had a listen :)
It was one of KZ's cheaper models, so I wasn't out much. I took the whole situation as a learning experience.

Had I known there were some at the meet I may have given them a demo. Maybe that'll happen at a future meet.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #25,992 of 63,958
Hmm...not when it ships from a slow Cargo ship across the world. Also, the Cargo ship has to be filled up. It doesn't happen overnight. I think you gotta manage your expectations a little bit.

Further, there are many great alternatives out there with 2 day shipping. You just have to pay a little more.
According to Gearbest, my order was shipped out via Azerbaijan Air Mail. Must have been via carrier pigeon air mail...

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #25,993 of 63,958
I tried the free shipping as an experiment for my third set of ZSTs. If they never came, I was out $8.99 and would have had to order another set for my daughter, who also has quite a few headphones/earphones and wouldn't really miss them.

The result of the experiment? $1 to $2 is a bargain for tracked, registered shipping from China. That is what I'll use from now on.

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #25,994 of 63,958
According to Gearbest, my order was shipped out via Azerbaijan Air Mail. Must have been via carrier pigeon air mail...
Yes, I don't think anybody uses cargo ships to fill retail orders, that would be really ridiculous. It would take 5-6 weeks from Asia to the USA so there'd be no way to explain how some shipments got there in around 2-3 weeks.

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #25,995 of 63,958
Anyone else expiriancing a 400ms lag with the KZ bluetooth adapter, have tested it with both my K1 Tablet and Zuk Z2, both are showing the same lag making it only good for music, usless for anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back