Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 4, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #25,921 of 63,925
As far as I know, there are no other 0.72/0.75mm 2-pin BT modules.

But anything designed for 2pin 0.78mm plugs (Westone/UE compatible 2-pin BT cables, Auglamore has a nice neckband one, etc) will be able to connect with KZs, but have the same problems as any other 0.78mm pin cables with KZs (stretches them out too far to use stock cables).

Woah, those cables are pretty expensive compared to the stock KZ ones.

So the 2 pin 0.78mm can connect, but what do you mean it stretches them out too far?

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #25,922 of 63,925
So the 2 pin 0.78mm can connect, but what do you mean it stretches them out too far?
KZ 2-pin sockets are made for 0.72/0.75mm pins (these are the sizes of KZ stock and KZ upgrade cables). When you connect 0.78mm pins instead, you will widen the sockets slightly (you might even need to use a pin or something to help widen them the first time), and KZ cables will no longer fit securely because their pins are smaller, but you can continue to use 0.78mm like most other non-KZ 2-pin cables just fine.

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #25,923 of 63,925
That's the ZS6 actually that has the tape removed, @Slater has put together some nice write-ups:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1678#post-13856223
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1671#post-13850238

If you look at the second link I posted above, there's some nice pics of what sits underneath the nozzle screen - under the right lighting you can see through that screen and check for one (v1) or two (v2) little circles, which are the nozzles on the BAs.
Also if you got a white box, it's very likely it's a v2, black boxes could be either.

I did check and indistinctly see 2 circles behind the nozzle grills. Will it affect the sound in a good or bad way if I remove the grills?

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #25,924 of 63,925
I did check and indistinctly see 2 circles behind the nozzle grills. Will it affect the sound in a good or bad way if I remove the grills?
I don't think anyone has posted anything about how it sounds to remove them on the v2.

@CoiL noted a preference for removing them on the v1, and I'm inclined to agree, but a few other posters did not like the results. Most people find the steel screens to be fairly transparent sounding though.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #25,926 of 63,925
Really? In today not 2015 terms? Are they worth considering for the low $20's price tag? I can keep an eye on George's Gearbest thread and spend about the same for the ZS6.
On today's terms. Very different from the new kz, though. Less v-shaped. The quality is excellent, the rotating tuner really works, the cable could be better (got a third party from tingo which does the job). But the mids are really well defined on this Senn clone. The bass is sort of tamed, even in the max position, there's little sub bass just to spice things a bit, mid bass is lush and agile, treble is somewhat very close to the signature Senn house sound, good definition and extension but slightly veiled. It does not roll off, not at least up to 16khz (can't hear beyond that anyway), and it's not heavily veiled, just a little bit softened.

Fit is tricky. Works well with large foams and wide bore shallow insertion silicones. Not so good with deep silicones, as it tends to move and lose the tight fit it needs to render good bass.

For 17 USD, a great iem.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #25,928 of 63,925
Dec 4, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #25,929 of 63,925
That's the ZS6 actually that has the tape removed, @Slater has put together some nice write-ups:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1678#post-13856223
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1671#post-13850238

If you look at the second link I posted above, there's some nice pics of what sits underneath the nozzle screen - under the right lighting you can see through that screen and check for one (v1) or two (v2) little circles, which are the nozzles on the BAs.
Also if you got a white box, it's very likely it's a v2, black boxes could be either.
Thanks for the correction. I should have referenced Slater's post, rather than relying on my memory, lol.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #25,930 of 63,925
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #25,931 of 63,925

Just received my NX3 and I must admit, the build quality does feel superb

Very sturdy in the hand and smaller than my Note 5 except width

Now I'll charge it a bit and test it out, let's hope I get some nice results

Wow, just wow! Mine, ordered the same day, doesn't even show that it shipped yet.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #25,932 of 63,925
On the topic of new releases, saw this in the QKZ store on Aliexpress.com

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010609.8148355.32.373f8a48Rjk85H

Could this be a hint about the new hybrid you've been talking about? Or just a copy of something they're OEM-ing for another company?

Might I add the model for those things is cute as a button:grinning: I'm such a sucker for green eyes, sad part is she could be my granddaughter:rolling_eyes: So is this what the ZSR is supposed to resemble? (Anyone)

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #25,933 of 63,925
On today's terms. Very different from the new kz, though. Less v-shaped. The quality is excellent, the rotating tuner really works, the cable could be better (got a third party from tingo which does the job). But the mids are really well defined on this Senn clone. The bass is sort of tamed, even in the max position, there's little sub bass just to spice things a bit, mid bass is lush and agile, treble is somewhat very close to the signature Senn house sound, good definition and extension but slightly veiled. It does not roll off, not at least up to 16khz (can't hear beyond that anyway), and it's not heavily veiled, just a little bit softened.

Fit is tricky. Works well with large foams and wide bore shallow insertion silicones. Not so good with deep silicones, as it tends to move and lose the tight fit it needs to render good bass.

For 17 USD, a great iem.

Huh!? That sounds...good! Thank the high heavens! Finally a KZ IEM that doesn't sound hollow with harsh ear-stabbing treble blasting into your ear-holes. Because "CLARITY MORTAL!!!"

If I ever lose my KEF M100s, I'll give these try.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #25,934 of 63,925

Users who are viewing this thread

Back