1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. oyobass
    Aggree. What, she was wearing earphones? Hard to pay attention to the earphones with those eyes in the photo. :grin:

2. Podster
    LOL, that's why it's called Marketing:wink: Heck, I didn't even have her in any of these ads!!!!!

My KZ's.JPG

trellus, HiFiChris and oyobass like this.
  3. SomeGuyDude
    QKZ is also a notorious piece of garbage. Sometimes you get a good one, but odds are way higher it'll be crap.

4. bsoplinger
    Hence the part of my post where I asked Or just a copy of something they're OEM-ing for another company? Since they regularly do just what you've said. But since I didn't recognize the model I posted the question. :expressionless:

5. TheVortex
    Looks like the new KZ soft carry pouch is now available from aliexpress.

6. pringles147
    Just a headsup about KZ ZSR in case you haven't heard. Apparently release date is Dec 12. Because of some Chinese sales-day. Price will be very reasonable also. 168 rmb or about 25 USD.
    These pictures are taken from Taobao.
    Did a rough translation of the picture (and I'm probably wrong) but it appeared to say 6 drivers. So a total of 12. Sounds to good to be true so maybe someone can check it out who reads chinese :p
    Sorry if I´m posting somethin obvious. First post ever and I´m really excited about these headphones :D:D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

paulindss, TheVortex and oyobass like this.
  7. Mellowship
    6 drivers as 3 in the left and 3 in the right. They usually add them up.

8. oyobass
    The traditional greeting on these boards for new posters is: "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet!", although Chi-Fi products tend to put a much smaller dent is said wallet. Enjoy the forums!

9. pringles147
    Thanks for the
    Welcome to Head-Fi, my wallet is fine since I enjoy the Knowledge Zenith headphones. I am now ready to enjoy the forum and all topic-related comments. (No need to comment about grammar mistakes either, I never learn )

mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. nkramer
    but if you grab a handful of these "smaller dents" you still end up with a totaled.... wallet.

i know i've grabbed 2 different ones in less than a week. i've never done that before. usually every couple years i'll replace a pair that's starting to fall apart.

on another note, i was listening to an audience recoding of a live performance earlier today (on ZST) and was really impressed.

oyobass likes this.
  11. oyobass
    My favorite for live recordings is the ZS5 v1. Really amps up the live excitement and lets you feel a real sense of air in the room... at least to me and my ears.

CoiL likes this.
  12. pringles147
    Did you read that from the text? I know that’s how they usually count them but when I translated I saw the number 6 as in 6 per headphone. So total would be 12 in that case.

13. nkramer
    haven't tried those yet. only KZ i have (so far.... ) is ZST & ZS3. as well as ZST being the 1st hybrid/dual driver i've ever had as well.

actually bought the ZS3 to cannibalize the cord & connectors for a different pair that's in dire need of a new cord.
    really like the ZS3 shells (probably more than the ZST shells)

i love balanced armatures, that's what initially pulled me in... a balanced armature.... at that price.... with detachable cord..... ????? Really?

14. oyobass
    I remember back over ten years ago, I got an Ultimate Ears single BA set for $99 on sale, thought I was getting a steal of a deal. Now I have the ZST, ZS5 and ZS6 and still haven't spent that amount.
    I may also cannibalize my ZS3- to repair the UE- it has the same type of 2-pin cable connections... then again, maybe not. I really like the mellower sound of the ZS3.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  15. nkramer
    yep. i was looking at those, at that time as well.

my 1st jump into the audio pond was the etymotic er-6i. still have them, still love them paired with a cmoybb.