Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 4, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #25,936 of 63,986
Might I add the model for those things is cute as a button:grinning: I'm such a sucker for green eyes, sad part is she could be my granddaughter:rolling_eyes: So is this what the ZSR is supposed to resemble? (Anyone)
Aggree. What, she was wearing earphones? Hard to pay attention to the earphones with those eyes in the photo. :grin:

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #25,937 of 63,986
Aggree. What, she was wearing earphones? Hard to pay attention to the earphones with those eyes in the photo. :grin:

LOL, that's why it's called Marketing:wink: Heck, I didn't even have her in any of these ads!!!!!

My KZ's.JPG

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #25,938 of 63,986
This is not KZ. If You look at logos on housings - it is rather AuGlamour brand. QKZ just puts its reseller name in front of "everything" they can sell. QKZ is not KZ.

QKZ is also a notorious piece of garbage. Sometimes you get a good one, but odds are way higher it'll be crap.

Dec 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #25,939 of 63,986
This is not KZ. If You look at logos on housings - it is rather AuGlamour brand. QKZ just puts its reseller name in front of "everything" they can sell. QKZ is not KZ.
Hence the part of my post where I asked Or just a copy of something they're OEM-ing for another company? Since they regularly do just what you've said. But since I didn't recognize the model I posted the question. :expressionless:

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #25,941 of 63,986
Just a headsup about KZ ZSR in case you haven't heard. Apparently release date is Dec 12. Because of some Chinese sales-day. Price will be very reasonable also. 168 rmb or about 25 USD.
These pictures are taken from Taobao.
Did a rough translation of the picture (and I'm probably wrong) but it appeared to say 6 drivers. So a total of 12. Sounds to good to be true so maybe someone can check it out who reads chinese :p
Sorry if I´m posting somethin obvious. First post ever and I´m really excited about these headphones :D:D
TB2E8vuf8DH8KJjSspnXXbNAVXa_!!95043761.jpg
TB2pGyJbkfb_uJkHFqDXXXVIVXa_!!95043761.gif

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #25,942 of 63,986
Just a headsup about KZ ZSR in case you haven't heard. Apparently release date is Dec 12. Because of some Chinese sales-day. Price will be very reasonable also. 168 rmb or about 25 USD.
Did a rough translation of the picture (and I'm probably wrong) but it appeared to say 6 drivers. So a total of 12. Sounds to good to be true so maybe someone can check it out who reads chinese :p
Sorry if I´m posting somethin obvious. First post ever and I´m really excited about these headphones :D:D
6 drivers as 3 in the left and 3 in the right. They usually add them up.

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #25,943 of 63,986
The traditional greeting on these boards for new posters is: "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet!", although Chi-Fi products tend to put a much smaller dent is said wallet. Enjoy the forums!

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #25,945 of 63,986
The traditional greeting on these boards for new posters is: "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet!", although Chi-Fi products tend to put a much smaller dent is said wallet. Enjoy the forums!

but if you grab a handful of these "smaller dents" you still end up with a totaled.... wallet.

i know i've grabbed 2 different ones in less than a week. i've never done that before. usually every couple years i'll replace a pair that's starting to fall apart.

on another note, i was listening to an audience recoding of a live performance earlier today (on ZST) and was really impressed.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #25,946 of 63,986
but if you grab a handful of these "smaller dents" you still end up with a totaled.... wallet.

i know i've grabbed 2 different ones in less than a week. i've never done that before. usually every couple years i'll replace a pair that's starting to fall apart.

on another note, i was listening to an audience recoding of a live performance earlier today (on ZST) and was really impressed.
My favorite for live recordings is the ZS5 v1. Really amps up the live excitement and lets you feel a real sense of air in the room... at least to me and my ears.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #25,948 of 63,986
haven't tried those yet. only KZ i have (so far.... ) is ZST & ZS3. as well as ZST being the 1st hybrid/dual driver i've ever had as well.

actually bought the ZS3 to cannibalize the cord & connectors for a different pair that's in dire need of a new cord.
really like the ZS3 shells (probably more than the ZST shells)

i love balanced armatures, that's what initially pulled me in... a balanced armature.... at that price.... with detachable cord..... ????? Really?

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #25,949 of 63,986
haven't tried those yet. only KZ i have (so far.... ) is ZST & ZS3. as well as ZST being the 1st hybrid/dual driver i've ever had as well.

actually bought the ZS3 to cannibalize the cord & connectors for a different pair that's in dire need of a new cord.
really like the ZS3 shells (probably more than the ZST shells)

i love balanced armatures, that's what initially pulled me in... a balanced armature.... at that price.... with detachable cord..... ????? Really?
I remember back over ten years ago, I got an Ultimate Ears single BA set for $99 on sale, thought I was getting a steal of a deal. Now I have the ZST, ZS5 and ZS6 and still haven't spent that amount.
I may also cannibalize my ZS3- to repair the UE- it has the same type of 2-pin cable connections... then again, maybe not. I really like the mellower sound of the ZS3.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #25,950 of 63,986
I remember back over ten years ago, I got an Ultimate Ears single BA set for $99 on sale, thought I was getting a steal of a deal. Now I have the ZST, ZS5 and ZS6 and still haven't spent that amount.
I may also cannibalize my ZS3- to repair the UE- it has the same type of 2-pin cable connections... then again, maybe not. I really like the mellower sound of the ZS3.

yep. i was looking at those, at that time as well.

my 1st jump into the audio pond was the etymotic er-6i. still have them, still love them paired with a cmoybb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back