1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Mellowship
    I like them a lot. On my top 3 favourite kz IEMs.

2. TheVortex
    Sorry guys, I thought they were a new IEM as I have only been following this thread for just under a year. What did people in general think of the KZ IE80?

3. bsoplinger
    Really? In today not 2015 terms? Are they worth considering for the low $20's price tag? I can keep an eye on George's Gearbest thread and spend about the same for the ZS6.

4. Wiljen
    got my Zs6 Christmas gifts in yesterday. What a great stocking stuffer for the friends and relatives that always look at you funny for your audio gear. My guess is most of them will never be able to use the earphones that came with their cell phones again. Who knows, maybe one of them turns out to be the next Pete Millett or NWAvguy, or Noble Wizard or...

groucho69, HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  5. Rilke
    On of the last green colored ZS6 of Aliexpress.After one wrong color zs6 sended, two cancelled transactions,they became an obsession,couldn't sleep until recieving them.

They sound fantastic. Well built. Not just iem's they are a piece of jewelery for ears. The color is very subtle, the shade of emerald changes with the ligthing. From my perspective the silver plated cable does'nt improve the sound but they look nice. I like the memory wire it helps keeping the ZS6 in place.
    [​IMG]
    Some usefull infos :
    Ollivan store & PZ Audio has the green ZS6 in store ( last time when I checked ) otherwise you'll have to buy them from taobao.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    oyobass likes this.
  6. RomStar
    Yep, mid 2015, so it's not new for sure, unless it has new guts which you would possibly love to tear apart

Actually makes a lot of sense haha, but I don't remember the dial at all tho

Maybe it's possible they made a slight revision with a tuning dial? :shrug:

But I do remember hearing they're good for the money when they released for $40, nothing amazing but mainly looked nice I guess

7. jlocano
    Hello. I'm new to head-fi.

Can anyone tell the difference between V1 and V2 of KS5?

Thanks!

8. oyobass
    V1 has 4 drivers, no crossover. V2 has 4 drivers and a crossover. V1 has one of the BA drivers located in the body, one in the nozzle. V2 has both BA drivers in the nozzle, boosting the high end. V2 has a bit of port tuning tape on one of the dynamic drivers removed vs the V1, boosting the mids a bit.

I own the V1, not the V2. My info compiled from pages upon pages of discussion and not personal experience so take it with a grain of salt...

9. Smiped
    Can someone suggest me better bluetooth modules for my KZ ZS6 than the standard KZ bluetooth cord? Thanks.

10. jlocano
    Thanks a lot Oyobass. I thought perhaps the difference can also be seen on the product appearance.
    Based on the info you gave and judging my unit by the sound it produces, probably they are the v2s. :D

11. vector84
    Might be helpful to specify a general budget and form factor preference if you have one...

For example on 3.5mm pluggable BT modules, the cheaper end Xiaomi BT module has gotten some talk lately... going up a few price categories, Fiio has the BTR1.
    (or if you want aptX HD, you'll have to jump up a bit more in price?)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  12. RomStar
    20171204_164440.jpg

Just received my NX3 and I must admit, the build quality does feel superb

Very sturdy in the hand and smaller than my Note 5 except width

Now I'll charge it a bit and test it out, let's hope I get some nice results

13. vector84
    That's the ZS6 actually that has the tape removed, @Slater has put together some nice write-ups:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1678#post-13856223
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1671#post-13850238
    If you look at the second link I posted above, there's some nice pics of what sits underneath the nozzle screen - under the right lighting you can see through that screen and check for one (v1) or two (v2) little circles, which are the nozzles on the BAs.
    Also if you got a white box, it's very likely it's a v2, black boxes could be either.

14. Smiped
    I don't want a 3.5 pluggable BT module. I just want a BT line that can be plugged into both earphones without it being wired to my phone other than the one KZ sells.

15. vector84
    As far as I know, there are no other 0.72/0.75mm 2-pin BT modules.

But anything designed for 2pin 0.78mm plugs (Westone/UE compatible 2-pin BT cables, Auglamore has a nice neckband one, etc) will be able to connect with KZs, but have the same problems as any other 0.78mm pin cables with KZs (stretches them out too far to use stock cables).

Smiped likes this.