Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 3, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #25,906 of 63,980
I found reviews on Gearbest for these when the first post caught my attention. They were dated early 2015. So I figured pretty much the same thing. New old stock. Someone must have found boxes of these things in the corner of some warehouse :astonished:
I like them a lot. On my top 3 favourite kz IEMs.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #25,909 of 63,980
got my Zs6 Christmas gifts in yesterday. What a great stocking stuffer for the friends and relatives that always look at you funny for your audio gear. My guess is most of them will never be able to use the earphones that came with their cell phones again. Who knows, maybe one of them turns out to be the next Pete Millett or NWAvguy, or Noble Wizard or...

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #25,910 of 63,980
On of the last green colored ZS6 of Aliexpress.After one wrong color zs6 sended, two cancelled transactions,they became an obsession,couldn't sleep until recieving them.

They sound fantastic. Well built. Not just iem's they are a piece of jewelery for ears. The color is very subtle, the shade of emerald changes with the ligthing. From my perspective the silver plated cable does'nt improve the sound but they look nice. I like the memory wire it helps keeping the ZS6 in place.

Some usefull infos :
Ollivan store & PZ Audio has the green ZS6 in store ( last time when I checked ) otherwise you'll have to buy them from taobao.

Attachments

• DSC_3757.JPG
    DSC_3757.JPG
    406.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #25,911 of 63,980
I think that Senny IE80 copy was done by KZ long time ago. I doubt this is new release, just some old stock left for some sellers probably.
And why would they do it if ZS4 and ZSR are coming? Doesn`t make sense.

Yep, mid 2015, so it's not new for sure, unless it has new guts which you would possibly love to tear apart

I found reviews on Gearbest for these when the first post caught my attention. They were dated early 2015. So I figured pretty much the same thing. New old stock. Someone must have found boxes of these things in the corner of some warehouse :astonished:

Actually makes a lot of sense haha, but I don't remember the dial at all tho

Maybe it's possible they made a slight revision with a tuning dial? :shrug:

But I do remember hearing they're good for the money when they released for $40, nothing amazing but mainly looked nice I guess

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #25,913 of 63,980
Hello. I'm new to head-fi.

Can anyone tell the difference between V1 and V2 of KS5?

Thanks!
V1 has 4 drivers, no crossover. V2 has 4 drivers and a crossover. V1 has one of the BA drivers located in the body, one in the nozzle. V2 has both BA drivers in the nozzle, boosting the high end. V2 has a bit of port tuning tape on one of the dynamic drivers removed vs the V1, boosting the mids a bit.

I own the V1, not the V2. My info compiled from pages upon pages of discussion and not personal experience so take it with a grain of salt...

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #25,915 of 63,980
V1 has 4 drivers, no crossover. V2 has 4 drivers and a crossover. V1 has one of the BA drivers located in the body, one in the nozzle. V2 has both BA drivers in the nozzle, boosting the high end. V2 has a bit of port tuning tape on one of the dynamic drivers removed vs the V1, boosting the mids a bit.

I own the V1, not the V2. My info compiled from pages upon pages of discussion and not personal experience so take it with a grain of salt...

Thanks a lot Oyobass. I thought perhaps the difference can also be seen on the product appearance.
Based on the info you gave and judging my unit by the sound it produces, probably they are the v2s. :D

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #25,916 of 63,980
Can someone suggest me better bluetooth modules for my KZ ZS6 than the standard KZ bluetooth cord? Thanks.
Might be helpful to specify a general budget and form factor preference if you have one...

For example on 3.5mm pluggable BT modules, the cheaper end Xiaomi BT module has gotten some talk lately... going up a few price categories, Fiio has the BTR1.
(or if you want aptX HD, you'll have to jump up a bit more in price?)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #25,918 of 63,980
V2 has a bit of port tuning tape on one of the dynamic drivers removed vs the V1, boosting the mids a bit.
That's the ZS6 actually that has the tape removed, @Slater has put together some nice write-ups:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1678#post-13856223
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1671#post-13850238
Thanks a lot Oyobass. I thought perhaps the difference can also be seen on the product appearance.
Based on the info you gave and judging my unit by the sound it produces, probably they are the v2s. :D
If you look at the second link I posted above, there's some nice pics of what sits underneath the nozzle screen - under the right lighting you can see through that screen and check for one (v1) or two (v2) little circles, which are the nozzles on the BAs.
Also if you got a white box, it's very likely it's a v2, black boxes could be either.

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #25,919 of 63,980
Might be helpful to specify a general budget and form factor preference if you have one...

For example on 3.5mm pluggable BT modules, the cheaper end Xiaomi BT module has gotten some talk lately... going up a few price categories, Fiio has the BTR1.
(or if you want aptX HD, you'll have to jump up a bit more in price?)

I don't want a 3.5 pluggable BT module. I just want a BT line that can be plugged into both earphones without it being wired to my phone other than the one KZ sells.

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #25,920 of 63,980
I don't want a 3.5 pluggable BT module. I just want a BT line that can be plugged into both earphones without it being wired to my phone other than the one KZ sells.
As far as I know, there are no other 0.72/0.75mm 2-pin BT modules.

But anything designed for 2pin 0.78mm plugs (Westone/UE compatible 2-pin BT cables, Auglamore has a nice neckband one, etc) will be able to connect with KZs, but have the same problems as any other 0.78mm pin cables with KZs (stretches them out too far to use stock cables).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back