1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Man I wouldn't paint it. I think the grey looks beautiful!

I would love to see the ZS6 in bronze or purple :)

mbwilson111 and groucho69 like this.
  2. CoiL
    Thanks for graphene driver information - will probably get it and mod into ZS3 shells ;P

rendyG likes this.
  3. Slater
    One of the few KZs I always wish I had the opportunity to demo :frowning2:

B9Scrambler likes this.
  4. AxelCloris Administrator
    Cleaned up the thread because some of the posts were getting too personal and off topic. Friendly reminder to please report posts that you feel go against the posting guidelines rather than replying to them.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

5. RomStar
    I think it's painfully clear now as to why the Green Zs6 is discontinued....at first i had a few ideas...but now im sure i have conclusive evidence

Capture.PNG

Every time i see that after logging in...the more i am convinced of my hunch :frowning:

6. RomStar
    Sorry for the late reply, but here is the mod:

20171203_131050.jpg

As you can see, you only cover half the vent or as much as you like. Its very simple and it stays there very securely. This did boost the sub-bass by quite a bit, and bass overall is tighter and more enjoyable. I am using this mod on the V1 variant of Zs5 and its very much worth it imo

ZS5-ZS6-Edge3.jpg

That picture was provided by @Slater and it was his eagle eye's that spotted this, so all credit goes to him for the mod

Slater and Jay Magaling like this.
  7. nadezhda 6004
    Could you explain it in more detail?

8. Slater
    Yeah, that's the kind of stuff IP lawyers dream about at night LOL

RomStar likes this.
  9. Slater
    As you can see from the photo of the bass vent (ie the little round hole by the nozzle), the vent hole on the left (the ZS5v1 and ZS5v2) is twice the size of the one on the right (the ZS6).

ZS5-ZS6-Vent.jpg

This is one of the primary reasons why the ZS6 has "better" bass than the ZS5 in most people's opinion (slightly more bass, tighter, punchier).

You can achieve this same tuning result on the ZS5 (v1 and v2) by covering 1/2 of the bass vent hole using a very small piece of tape. If you look closely in @RomStar's photo above, you can see the small piece of tape he used to cover half of the hole. Don't cover the ENTIRE hole - only cover about 1/2 of the hole.

The result is that the ZS5 will then have the same "better" bass as the ZS6 (ie slightly more bass, tighter, punchier).

Make sense?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    RomStar and Cruelhand Luke like this.
  10. vector84
    @HiFiChris pointed out very early on in the ZS5 life cycle that the effect of that vent is pretty anatomy specific due to its placement, and that likely produces quite different bass quantities depending on fit - and that same effect will likely have the possibility of altering how taping that vent sounds somewhat on an individual basis (and there have been a slew of related posts corroborating this concept).

Or more simply if taping it doesn't sound like it makes a difference to you, there's a reason for that too, but changing tips might change your fit enough to make it very noticeable.

11. Slater
    Here's an interesting photo of that same vent from the inside. Notice that it's directly in front of the "main" DD driver (ie the 10mm DD responsible for the overwhelming majority of the sub-bass and bass).

Untitled drawing (11).jpg

12. oyobass
    Some quick thoughts on the ZS3 that arrived in my mailbox yesterday...
    Build quality: Very nice. Lightweight but sturdy plastic with a unique custom mold look. Stock cord is, if anything, worse than the 5 and 6 of the serries.
    Sound: Kind of an L shape- great bass, detailed present mids and clear but somewhat subdued treble, especially compared to the 5 and 6. I especially liked the way the vocals stood out vs. the later phones.
    Comfort: I can only wear them for an hour without an ache in my ear from the way they press on them.
    Bottom line: I like them alot. Are they the perfect earphones? No, but for the price, they are wonderful!
    Note: I kept falling asleep during the typing of this mini review. At one point, ironically I was tapping out a series of Zzzz's, lol.

Slater likes this.
  13. Cruelhand Luke
    24059250_10212571657580613_8556167895790249841_n.jpg

B9Scrambler and RomStar like this.
  14. RomStar
    Actually, the zs3 are the only other Kz's I own, and mainly because it is was 3. 99$ last month, which blows my mind (ATE coming soon)

20171203_163718.jpg

The anesthetics of the Zs3 are possibly my favorite out of all the Kz's. Surprisingly they provide me with the best fit, and are super comfy. I can wear them for hours on end without any discomfort.

Soundwise: They're pretty good, they sound darker and has much less treble presence than the Zs line up

Bass is the highlight, with good mids. The highs do sound unnatural on a few tracks. Overall, I wouldn't mind if I paid $10 for them, they are an absolute steal for $3 (cheaper than a damn cup of coffee)

Also, the cable isn't inferior to the Zs lineup in terms of sound. It's just less sturdy and thinner. It's the same rubber hide that I dislike, but the Zs line of cables do feel like they will last slightly longer in terms of durability. Overall, pretty good, but I'd grab an upgrade cable if KZ provides them for the zs3

However, I am a sucker for how they look, and must admit, they do look very nice in person as well

15. RomStar
    Damn, looks nice

You also posted nicer pic of you're Zs3's a while back :p

On a more serious note, what's the benefit of putting on the Ear tips backwards? Is it just for looks or does it provide better seal/another benefit?