1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. hakuzen
    thanks! results are like expected :wink:
    in my record, i've only experienced slight differences with some iems for the first 10-20 minutes (but didn't measure them right out of the box and then, so even in these cases the cause could be fast brain burn-in) .

2. crabdog
    Well, as you probably know I'm a big fan of the 9tail. That's a good option if you like a fairly smooth presentation. From what I've read about the ZS5 though I think it would sound vastly different (I don't have KZ models after ZST colorful).

The Alpha & Delta is pretty awesome. They're standard cylinder shape but can be worn over ear.

Other leaning towards bright with soundstage are the TFZ Exclusive King and Series 4.

3. Superluc
    A range of 5db on the 10khz peak just because of a slightly different positioning ? Damn... now we know why some, me included, have feel a difference and think mistakenly that it was the burn-in.

Oh well, thanks to have pointed that, it was very interesting.

bartzky likes this.
  4. oyobass
    Because... Science!

5. SomeGuyDude
    Well at least I know I can skip the ZSR now.

6. Slater
    1DD+2BA - It's gonna be the ZST on steroids!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  7. vladstef
    Or a ZS5v2 with even more recessed mids :neutral_face:, who knows..

8. Saoshyant
    I'm buying green without any hesitation.

9. kokakolia
    It's inherently bad for me. My musical preferences are indie, folk and alternative. Having recessed mids makes my music sound bad.

pstickne likes this.
  10. paulindss
    With the removal of the ba from the shell to the nozzle, as some people was complaining before that was no 4 functioning drivers, KZ seems to hear the feedback from us. That gives a chance that zsr will be different tuned than zs6. I'm only hoping, anyway.

11. Saoshyant
    Our musical tastes are pretty similar, and I have to disagree. V shaped doesn't always mean bad mids, it just means they don't take front stage. Some music I listen to like Portishead just doesn't sound right to me with more neutral sounding sigs. Honestly, you might want to get into earbuds, as they've really improved the last couple years. Due to their form factor, they tend to be more balanced overall. They also have a few of incredible value/performance in the low cost range. If you want a thread link, just let me know.

pstickne likes this.
  12. bartzky
    @HiFiChris and @hakuzen: Yes, really nothing one wouldn't expect :)

On a slightly different topic: I've attached a file that can be used with EQ APO to gather the effect of a 64 Ohm impedance adapter with the ZS6. That might be handy to do quick comparisons or for everyone that hasn't the appropriate resistors on hand. Just load the file via the include-dialog of EQ APO.

The file will give your ZS6 the light green FR:

[​IMG]

Edit: Attaching .txt doesn't seem to work, so I've uploaded the file here: KZ ZS6 64 Ohm EQ APO.txt

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    hakuzen likes this.
  13. SomeGuyDude
    Have you tried the Marshall Mode? I heard the Marshall Mode is a Marshall Mode and it Marshall Modes really well.

14. Slater
    Curse you - you just made me spit coffee out of my nose

15. Superluc
    [​IMG]