Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 11, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #24,976 of 63,836
I thought i have ended one my ZS6's :deadhorse: i accidentaly removed the Nozzle from one of the BA's, i tried them out and sounded unequal, removed the other BA's nozzle and thankfully balanced out, i just noticed it lowered the volume output :deadhorse: that was a really close one :deadhorse: the clarity is still there thankfully

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #24,977 of 63,836
don't know anything about them.
unless you don't mind waiting for the shipping form china, amazon has the W1 Pro (AGPtEK W1 Pro) and it's fulfilled by amazon. it's a little more $ but being that cheap & only one item, i'd try to get it from some place closer. (if i was going to place an order with one of the china sites, i'd get a couple items to make it worth it)

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #24,979 of 63,836
They love the bass of the ZS5v1 and that the earphones if not sufficiently burned-in tend to have some bass bloat that muffles some of the treble and mid peaks. It gives that sort of " bassy but loads of details with wide soundstage" impression if you come from earphones with predominantly bass boosted signature.
I came from earphones with a more balanced signature, where details and soundstage are more important than bass. ( as long as there was sufficient not to unbalance a sound, its alright). My first impression of a somewhat fresh ( less than 2 days of on-off listening without any burn-in) ZS5v1 was that the bass was somewhat bloated. And that details sound kind of muffled. That was my impression.
I have not revisited an audition of the ZS5v1 since, so can't conclude how the sound has evolved with usage.
I don`t come from bass-boosted IEMs but I do like slight L-shaped signature sometimes.
There has been lot of talk about v1 impedance and source gear matching - it requires low output impedance and little amping to sound great.
I do agree that v1 bass could be slightly tighter/punchier but it doesn`t bleed into other FR nor muffle any sounds to my ears.
v1 highs are quite perfect to my ears (I`m treble sensitive around 6.2-7.5kHz) and doesn`t sound muffled or too "refined", sometimes they even border at being harsh (but only with compressed bad masters).
v1 also need proper tip - wide bore, no foams, deep fit to sound best imho.

Reading about ppl impressions ZS6 being sibilant, needing foams and looking at measurements is certainly no-go for me.
But this is just me with my gear and ears... just wish to leave different input.

Edit:

Btw, I got only ZS3 + ZST silver upgrade cable + 2x Fonge T01(for modding) @ 11.11 flash sales, wont be getting more. Just wanted to try out ZS3 fit.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #24,983 of 63,836
I've cleaned up some posts guys. Let's move on.
:) you took out the funny parts, so it looks like Panda is muttering to himself like Eeyore...I'm cool with that.....

so, is the ZS3 not a comfortable fit? I got one thinking it would work for me when I am putting on iems and then forgetting they are there while doing errands, but then I read a comment or two about the plastic hurts some peoples ears...are there 'comfort' mods on these that people* have worked out?

* by people I think we all know I am talking about @Slater

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #24,984 of 63,836
Seems like a decent price....I would like to encourage people to figure out where they are in space and time in relation to Bejing...because these codes are time sensitive based on china...so if you are in...lets say North America? you need to decode when this is actually an active code...I used a ZS5 code, it worked, but it was 'live' at my time 1 am...
It can be frustrating if you aren't aware that it might be happening ...well, "in the past". I mean, I saw a code posted I tried it and it was expired....and did the time-math equation and it turned out I needed a time machine to get the code to work...according to the post it was shortly in the future, but it had already happened in the past in my universe....

Don't fret buddy, I wrote you this easy to follow guide in the Gearbest thread. Don't know if you saw it or not.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hal...1-xiaomi-mini-25.832367/page-36#post-13840810

I know you feel like you gotta jump through a lot of hoops, but really there's only 4 things you need for Gearbest:

1. The code is on the specific item posted. For example, if there's a code for grey ZS5 with no mic, you can't pick blue with mic.
2. Some of the codes are for locked to specific countries (for shipping cost purposes). Some codes will say "these countries only", and others will say "no country restrictions" or will not say ANYTHING about countries (which, in that case is also no country restrictions).
3. There is specific times on the codes. For example, if it says it starts at xxyy time and date Beijing time, you have to abide by those parameters. I explain in more detail in the link I posted above.
4. There is inventory limits on the item. It is says "50 pcs only", then once 50 are sold the code is gone. I've herd that Aliexpress and other DEALERS often buy in bulk FROM Gearbest, because the GB price is often lower than THEY can buy the stuff from their wholesale suppliers from. Also you figure there are 7 billion people in the world, so 50 pcs only won't last too long.

Contrast this to Aliexpress 11.11, where you DO have to jump through hoops, playing games to win coins, trading coins for coupons, stacking this or that coupon, screaming into microphones, mobile games are different than PC games, etc. What a PITA.

Anyways, if you are still having trouble, lemme know and I'll do my best to help.

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #24,985 of 63,836
Don't fret buddy, I wrote you this easy to follow guide in the Gearbest thread. Don't know if you saw it or not.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hal...1-xiaomi-mini-25.832367/page-36#post-13840810

I know you feel like you gotta jump through a lot of hoops, but really there's only 4 things you need for Gearbest:

1. The code is on the specific item posted. For example, if there's a code for grey ZS5 with no mic, you can't pick blue with mic.
2. Some of the codes are for locked to specific countries (for shipping cost purposes). Some codes will say "these countries only", and others will say "no country restrictions" or will not say ANYTHING about countries (which, in that case is also no country restrictions).
3. There is specific times on the codes. For example, if it says it starts at xxyy time and date Beijing time, you have to abide by those parameters. I explain in more detail in the link I posted above.
4. There is inventory limits on the item. It is says "50 pcs only", then once 50 are sold the code is gone. I've herd that Aliexpress and other DEALERS often buy in bulk FROM Gearbest, because the GB price is often lower than THEY can buy the stuff from their wholesale suppliers from. Also you figure there are 7 billion people in the world, so 50 pcs only won't last too long.

Contrast this to Aliexpress 11.11, where you DO have to jump through hoops, playing games to win coins, trading coins for coupons, stacking this or that coupon, screaming into microphones, mobile games are different than PC games, etc. What a PITA.

Anyways, if you are still having trouble, lemme know and I'll do my best to help.
ugh TLDR!

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #24,986 of 63,836
[/QUOTE]

I KID! I KID! ....I saw your post, I actually wrote that other post after I had figured it out and ordered a few things successfully...I wrote a post somewhat directed towards you about my choices, but I guess I forgot to tag you. Your post was informative and helpful, unlike some other peoples *ahem*....
I think this comes down to a kind of basic cultural difference: I find the marketing techniques they use more than a little frustrating, and I think others do as well.
I was actually responding to someone else bumping up against the same problems I had and trying to give them a little bit of a warning/reassurance

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #24,987 of 63,836
page 1-666...be afraid

Nov 12, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #24,989 of 63,836

Users who are viewing this thread

Back