1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Where do you see the BAs in the back? Are there other photos that show this better (like the exploded diagrams they like using)?

Also, I'm probably going to pass on this. The ZST was too sharp OOTB for me, and if all they did was add an additional BA then it sounds like it will be unbearable.

I mean, we have at least 2 people completely removing 1 of the BAs from the ZS5 v2 to improve the sound. I think it would have been better to have (2xDD + 1xBA) then (1xDD + 2xBA).

I do like the transparent green shells though.

Hopefully the new ZS3 hybrid reveal will be coming soon :0)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    AudioObsession likes this.
  2. young59
    I don't see them I was saying based on the information that the person posted before me since I could see that the DD was in front I assumed there were BA in the back and there looks to me that there could be space in the back for one or two BA.

3. Slater
    Gotcha.

4. Superluc
    Price ? :frowning:

5. young59
    No idea I got this picture from NICEHCK's twitter and it only had this picture and the description was "ZSR?"

6. Superluc
    It's a shame. You have try the adapter with or without foam tips ?

7. Francisk
    With 75ohms adapter on both stock starline and foam tips...sounds much worse than without the 75ohms adapter...lifeless.

Well of course YMMV

8. Superluc
    On what source ? AMP ?

9. CoiL
    I hope they are something inbetween actually. They look gorgeous in green! If price is good, I`ll be getting them just for shells, even if they sound crap.

eaglesgift likes this.
  10. vector84
    Wildly audible channel imbalance would be a huge red flag to me of a manufacturing defect or damage during shipping.

Start a return, refund, or replacement claim asap imo :p

PS: Though you should check if it's a faulty cable, I suppose? Since the ZS3 cable should be compatible too :shrug:

kar-re likes this.
  11. Francisk
    DX90 into Chord Mojo and PC into Audio GD NFB11

12. Slater
    I think the adapter would only benefit lower impedance gear, like the ZS1 v1.

Impedance of ZS5 v2 and ZS6 is already higher due to the built-in crossover.

13. vector84
    Added resistance EQs the ZS6 in the "right" direction (and the ZS5v1 in the "wrong" direction)
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1553#post-13777787

Sounds like it might be having an effect on sound texturing that those measurements don't cover though.

14. Viber
    ahhh, well yea i tried to do a comparison:

IMG_20171101_192000301.jpg

I think the front part (the nozzle side) might be similar, but the back looks like a more orthodox shape.

15. kar-re
    Yeah, thanks for the response. I started an support ticket shortly after. I checked with both the silver-plated cable and the SZ3 cable, but none changed the fact that the right one was a bit dampened. And I tried to troubleshoot it plugged into my computer, but to no avail other than to confirm my suspicion that it's something wrong with the driver. Now it's up to GearBest!
    The ZS3s soundscape fits me perfectly tho! I had an pair of EPH-100 and they were the bomb. A great replacement! :gs1000smile: