Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #24,466 of 63,966
Can you give the link or post the picture here. I cannot find them on twitter.

Edit: Found them

DNiNcmQXUAASGiQ.jpg

screwCK ZS6 - I WANT THOSE!!! ;P O_o

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #24,468 of 63,966
What I already liking about the design already is that the DD is on the front and the BAs are in the back.So if the BA in the recent ZS5 v2 and ZS6 were causing the treble spike due to being too close and blocking the nozzle this design would help with that issue and if this turns out to be true I am definitely gonna get those.:)

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #24,471 of 63,966
1) I used brass nozzle from ED9 and did drill-phase nozzle edge into "trompet"-like.
2) nozzle length should be slightly shorter with new nozzle and inner diameter should be larger than stock plastic nozzle. Nozzle material plays quite big role @ highs sparklyness.
Bigger nozzle inner diameter "lets" details through better and evens up FR (bass "pulled back" little) but breathing ports "enforcement" helps to "raise" bass punch/slam littlebit.

ATR has different driver inside for sure (I have opened many) and so far there seems to be only 1 revision of ATR. ATE 5th gen has red shelled driver with tiny "tube" at shell in front of driver, ATR is blue without any "tube" but same size hole.

If source is snake oil to You, then You miss quite a lot. The better the HP, the better effect source actually has (because HP is able to deliver all that`s been fed).
What source and files are You usually using? What tips did You use with ATE?
But regarding ATE - You must have had faulty unit. ATE sounds nothing like You described.

Thanks! Will try to get one.

I use my phone (Zuk Z2) or I plug them into my Bose Companion 2 speakers. I might dig up my Nuforce UDAC 2 to see if it actually makes a difference. I have no clue where it is xD. Somewhere in the house?

I also use New Bee silicone tips. I can't stand foam tips anymore. They just take forever to put in my ear and then they always fall out.

I will agree that the sound quality on some laptops really sucks. Especially the Dell Inspiron 3000 which I used to own. I only use a desktop now. Something with a B150m Bazooka motherboard from MSI.

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #24,476 of 63,966
Seems no matter what design they choose someone is going to $%^& about how it looks like X or Y from another brand.

Thomas, are you referring to me? :frowning:

I am not b!tching about it at all - it's actually quite the opposite, as I also noted in my (German) ZS6 review in the paragraph where I write about the design. What if I told you that I don't even mind that companies such as Superlux and Knowledge Zenith are using designs that are very similar to (more expensive) existing products from other brands, and that I even like that, subjectively, and see it as some sort of "satire" even though I own some of the products that the design is based on?

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #24,478 of 63,966
No, it's just this thread in general actually. People ragged on them for taking Ostry's KC06 design with the ED10. They have a passing resemblance at best. If they are using the ZS3 shell or ibasso design, here comes another 10+ pages of moaning about how unoriginal KZ is. Yeah. That's kinda how they roll.

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #24,480 of 63,966
It's the KZ house sound :)
Well, at least I could enjoy the ZST and ZS5v1 with foam tips...but not the ZS6, even with foam tips. I really was trying very hard to like it but I gave up after modding it with some foam filter stuffed into the foam tips...still no go. I also tried the 75ohms adapter but it sucked the life out of the ZS6...sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back