Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 1, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #24,481 of 63,801
What I already liking about the design already is that the DD is on the front and the BAs are in the back.So if the BA in the recent ZS5 v2 and ZS6 were causing the treble spike due to being too close and blocking the nozzle this design would help with that issue and if this turns out to be true I am definitely gonna get those.:)

Where do you see the BAs in the back? Are there other photos that show this better (like the exploded diagrams they like using)?

Also, I'm probably going to pass on this. The ZST was too sharp OOTB for me, and if all they did was add an additional BA then it sounds like it will be unbearable.

I mean, we have at least 2 people completely removing 1 of the BAs from the ZS5 v2 to improve the sound. I think it would have been better to have (2xDD + 1xBA) then (1xDD + 2xBA).

I do like the transparent green shells though.

Hopefully the new ZS3 hybrid reveal will be coming soon :0)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #24,482 of 63,801
Where do you see the BAs in the back?

Also, I'm probably going to pass on this. The ZST was too sharp OOTB for me, and if all they did was add an additional BA then it sounds like it will be unbearable.

I mean, we have at least 2 people completely removing 1 of the BAs from the ZS5 v2 to improve the sound. I think it would have been better to have (2xDD + 1xBA) then (1xDD + 2xBA).

I do like the green shell though.
I don't see them I was saying based on the information that the person posted before me since I could see that the DD was in front I assumed there were BA in the back and there looks to me that there could be space in the back for one or two BA.

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #24,483 of 63,801
I don't see them I was saying based on the information that the person posted before me since I could see that the DD was in front I assumed there were BA in the back and there looks to me that there could be space in the back for one or two BA.

Gotcha.

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #24,484 of 63,801
Can you give the link or post the picture here. I cannot find them on twitter.

Edit: Found them

DNiNcmQXUAASGiQ.jpg
Price ? :frowning:

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #24,486 of 63,801
Well, at least I could enjoy the ZST and ZS5v1 with foam tips...but not the ZS6, even with foam tips. I really was trying very hard to like it but I gave up after modding it with some foam filter stuffed into the foam tips...still no go. I also tried the 75ohms adapter but it sucked the life out of the ZS6...sigh.
It's a shame. You have try the adapter with or without foam tips ?

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #24,489 of 63,801
Looks more like they decided to copy the iBasso IT03 in terms of design this time.
I hope they are something inbetween actually. They look gorgeous in green! If price is good, I`ll be getting them just for shells, even if they sound crap.

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #24,490 of 63,801
I got the ZS5 and ZS3, and all in all I'm very pleased. The ZS5 I ordered came as v2 tho.
One thing that irritates me a bit is that the right monitor of my pair of ZS5s are less sibliant compared to the left one. It's as if I got the right one v1 and the left one v2 LOL!
It's not really a big problem but after comparing the two ones by muting one and comparing the two ones it's loud and clear. The mid and bass sections sound perfectly normal tho.
I really enjoy the ZS3s sound signature as well.

Edit: Enjoying the ZS3s way more than the ZS5s. I'm thinking about ordering the ZS6s with the coupon but I'm not sure. I've cleaned the ZS5s with alcohol now, hoping it'll clear the sound up a bit.
Wildly audible channel imbalance would be a huge red flag to me of a manufacturing defect or damage during shipping.

Start a return, refund, or replacement claim asap imo :p

PS: Though you should check if it's a faulty cable, I suppose? Since the ZS3 cable should be compatible too :shrug:

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #24,492 of 63,801
Well, at least I could enjoy the ZST and ZS5v1 with foam tips...but not the ZS6, even with foam tips. I really was trying very hard to like it but I gave up after modding it with some foam filter stuffed into the foam tips...still no go. I also tried the 75ohms adapter but it sucked the life out of the ZS6...sigh.

I think the adapter would only benefit lower impedance gear, like the ZS1 v1.

Impedance of ZS5 v2 and ZS6 is already higher due to the built-in crossover.

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #24,493 of 63,801
Nov 1, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #24,495 of 63,801
Wildly audible channel imbalance would be a huge red flag to me of a manufacturing defect or damage during shipping.

Start a return, refund, or replacement claim asap imo :p

PS: Though you should check if it's a faulty cable, I suppose? Since the ZS3 cable should be compatible too :shrug:

Yeah, thanks for the response. I started an support ticket shortly after. I checked with both the silver-plated cable and the SZ3 cable, but none changed the fact that the right one was a bit dampened. And I tried to troubleshoot it plugged into my computer, but to no avail other than to confirm my suspicion that it's something wrong with the driver. Now it's up to GearBest!
The ZS3s soundscape fits me perfectly tho! I had an pair of EPH-100 and they were the bomb. A great replacement! :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back