Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 11, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #17,522 of 63,986
I just spoke with Jim at NiceHCK. He's offering a $10 pre-order discount on the ZS5. So I cancelled my previous order and ordered again after the price adjustment. $29 for the blue with the mic and silver cable.

So was that with the mic version + silver cable?

May 11, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #17,523 of 63,986
Regarding the ZS3 mod, i removed the red grills and i cannot find any foam. One thing i noticed is that the red "funnel" doesn't stick outside that much and it's not at an angle that allows me to look inside (like in the mod pics).
I stick the needle as far as i could but as i can feel, it is only touching plastic.
I have the matte version of the ZS3, not the shinny one as in the mod pics.

That's odd. How old are they? I wasn't even aware they made a matte version.

May 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #17,525 of 63,986
How many ZS3 and ZST version so far B9?

May 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #17,526 of 63,986
Only two of each that im aware of. Zs3 has the matte and glossy versions. Zst has the carbon-fiber and colorful versions. Zs3 cables have been revised with proper memory wire since release instead of the formed guides on mine. ZST possibly retuned to address early release complaints, but that's just speculation I think.

May 11, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #17,527 of 63,986
True, but unfortunately there's not enough room for a damper. The nozzle of the BA driver is almost directly against the mesh screen.

You can move BA deeper into nozzle :wink:

May 11, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #17,528 of 63,986
I don't think it's a QC issue. There's just too many people that dislike the highs on the ZST. I just think it's the particular BA driver that some people are overly sensitive to, because everyone's ears are different. Luckily, the fix is easy enough to perform.
+1

And ZST end result depends from source gear and files You are using them with. The more revealing "high-end" source You have, the more You notice peak in highs. Haven`t done the mod myself yet but will certainly do it because if that peak gets removed by mod, it will be the best overall SQ KZ IEM I have for sure. I will try to do some other tricks too and share feedback if I succeed "fine tuning" it.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #17,530 of 63,986
Only two of each that im aware of. Zs3 has the matte and glossy versions. Zst has the carbon-fiber and colorful versions. Zs3 cables have been revised with proper memory wire since release instead of the formed guides on mine. ZST possibly retuned to address early release complaints, but that's just speculation I think.

Where can I get the newest ZS3 ?
Is the glossy one newest? Which is better fit (lock), matte?
GB flash sale is newest version of ZS3 ?

May 11, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #17,531 of 63,986
Does anyone notice any ear pressure problems from the ATR/ZS3/ZST? Like popping when placing the earphones in the canal?

You are using too big sized tips? Maybe getting driver flex?

May 11, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #17,533 of 63,986
Where can I get the newest ZS3 ?
Is the glossy one newest? Which is better fit (lock), matte?
GB flash sale is newest version of ZS3 ?
I bought my ZS3 from GearBest in March and received the glossy version and got a replacement in April that was also glossy. There is no way choose between finishes AFAIK.

May 11, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #17,534 of 63,986
I noticed that the ZST ear pieces don't have L or R on them, but the cables do, I guess which ear piece goes where doesn't matter?
The left and right earpieces are both shaped differently. With the cable connector pointed up and slightly in the direction you're facing the nozzles will each point in the correct position in relation to your ears.

The L and R markings should both face outward.

May 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #17,535 of 63,986
Never thought of that. I'll try new tips.

I noticed that the ZST ear pieces don't have L or R on them, but the cables do, I guess which ear piece goes where doesn't matter?

It does, because the bud is shaped differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back