Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 14, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #16,096 of 63,916
  Much more expensive?  I got mine for $7 on a Gearbest sale.  Looks like it's a smidgen under $9 now, but that's still a good price: http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436717.html?wid=21

Haven't tried the Tenmak Pros, can't comment on that.

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear. I was talking about how expensive Tennmak Pros are when compared to the ZS3s.

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #16,097 of 63,916
Sorry, perhaps I was not clear. I was talking about how expensive Tennmak Pros are when compared to the ZS3s.

I gotten my Tennmak Pros for around $20+ (cannot remember the exact price). So in a way it is double the price of a ZS3

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #16,098 of 63,916

I must've just glazed over your post.  Rereading it and it makes sense now.  Oops, my bad.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #16,100 of 63,916
Thanks guys for the suggestions! ZS3 does seem like a good choice for me.

I know they are much more expensive, but I am wondering how do the Tennmak Pros compare with the ZS3. Do they have a similar sound signature? Also, do you think they would better fit my needs (to summarize, I mostly listen to chill out trance, trap, post-rock, liquid DnB and am looking for an iem with good, punchy but not overpowering bass, good soundstage and clarity & in general a non-fatiguing sound signature & not as bright as the ZSTs).
expensive doesn't mean it good or better. Just stick with the zs3 it more safe choice when choosing a set of iem than buying other iem to compare. Kz zs3 is good for what ever genre you listen to,it can handle all with ease you will be shock how good these are.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #16,101 of 63,916
  Thanks guys for the suggestions! ZS3 does seem like a good choice for me.

I know they are much more expensive, but I am wondering how do the Tennmak Pros compare with the ZS3. Do they have a similar sound signature? Also, do you think they would better fit my needs (to summarize, I mostly listen to chill out trance, trap, post-rock, liquid DnB and am looking for an iem with good, punchy but not overpowering bass, good soundstage and clarity & in general a non-fatiguing sound signature & not as bright as the ZSTs).

Neither the ZS3 or the Tennmak Pro are what I would consider to be much to write home about in terms of soundstage. The ZS3 is the more thumping of the pair, whilst the Pro are better on clarity.

Focusing on the clarity and soundstage requirements you also might want to consider: -

1. Mannhas E170
  2. Xiaomi Pro HD
  3. i.Valux 8mm Hybrid
  4. Einsear T2
  5. Audiosense AS20

The Pro HD might be a bit bright, it depends on which bit of the treble you feel is too much on the ZST. Jumping in halfway through the conversation so sorry if I've missed and other requirements

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #16,102 of 63,916
Oops, just seen under $25 so the i.valux and AS20 are probably too expensive.

Instead try **** UES (the hybrid version not UE) and Kinera BD005

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #16,103 of 63,916
Remind you of the ZS2?

Damned with faint praise or what.

Well they are pretty too, I mean $9! They walk all over the $9,99 cheap plastic Skull Candy's from Best Buy:smirk: I think the ZST's have made you fella's a little jaded:laughing:

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #16,104 of 63,916
Well they are pretty too, I mean $9! They walk all over the $9,99 cheap plastic Skull Candy's from Best Buy:smirk: I think the ZST's have made you fella's a little jaded:laughing:

With writing reviews for my site I'll be sampling some real unknown earphones soon, I've got about 8-9 on order, there's bound to be a few Skull Candy soundalikes in that lot.

There's no 'Chi-Fi elitism' here 
biggrin.gif
 I'm hoping for some really bad ones that I can rip into.

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #16,105 of 63,916
Hi. I'm currently using Fiio M3 and however the good in-ear that was provided is now torned and on the verge of dying soon I guess.

May I know if any of you ever use this in-ear and what KZ is comparable or better than the provided in-ear? My songs to go are mostly typical pop + ballads.

Thank you

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #16,106 of 63,916
Didn't the M3 come with an earbud?  Something like https://smile.amazon.com/EM3-Earbud-Earphones-Line-Microphone/dp/B01DB9OIHW/

If it does, I would suggest the ZST which to my tastes performs better vocally.

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #16,108 of 63,916
Yes but it's torn at few places. I can even see the wire lol. Too bad cos I really like the sound

I don't quite remember the audible difference between the included bud and the one I linked, but if memory serves I've read that they have a rather similar balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back