Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 13, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #16,067 of 64,162

I think most KZ's use the same mic, only one I've seen that's different was on the HDS3.  Internally it might be the same circuitry.  I doubt you get any committed answer on this question.  You'll only know if there's a problem with the mic if you get negative feedback from people on the other end, that might not just be down to the mic itself. On a call the position, phone signal and what model of phone will also play a part probably more than the microphone itself. 

OK do not worry for the microphone.  I got your point 

Except the microphone what other models of KZ or any other brand you suggest me? 

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #16,069 of 64,162
You just can't go wrong with the ED7s. If you want more detail (treble really) and bass consider the ED9.

A lot of people like the ED9s, but I hate them. They sound so fatiguing. Highs are too high, and the bass is boomy.

So you suggest me ED7s and second ED9 ?

what is your opinion for MICROPHONE quality?

Other proposals of KZ and in other brands too

Yuppers. I have never used the mic.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #16,070 of 64,162
Hey guys, looking for a recommendation here.
If i want an earphone that has more or less the signature of Fidelio X1, bassy with punch - good soundstage - not very harsh treble - but good separation,  which KZ should i get? i don't mind the v-shaped sound. Or if there's any other brand in sub $15, tell me.

Now, my choices are KZ ZST and ED9. Let me know guys! Thanks.

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #16,071 of 64,162
ED9 and ZST are kind of treble happy though.

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #16,072 of 64,162
Hey guys, looking for a recommendation here.

If i want an earphone that has more or less the signature of Fidelio X1, bassy with punch - good soundstage - not very harsh treble - but good separation,  which KZ should i get? i don't mind the v-shaped sound. Or if there's any other brand in sub $15, tell me.

Now, my choices are KZ ZST and ED9. Let me know guys! Thanks.

The KZ ATE looks promising.

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #16,074 of 64,162

People are right to hype both of those earphones. If you can handle treble then they are both a great choice.

To buy the right headphone you first have to understand what you're sound signature preference is. You now know that you can't do strong treble so pick darker sounding headphones, I would suggest you try: -

Kinera BD05
Tennmak Cello
Tennmak Pro
LZ A2S

I found all of the above to not have quite enough treble for my liking.

Since I am a noob, I thought I should ask this question. When you say the treble is lacking, does it mean that such a sound signature can be described as dark and non-fatiguing for extended hours of listening? I want to try such a sound signature and have been thinking about getting the Tennmak Pros in the future. Since I already have the ZSTs, I thought it is a good idea to have an iem with a different sound signature like the Tennmak Pros.

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #16,075 of 64,162
Since I am a noob, I thought I should ask this question. When you say the treble is lacking, does it mean that such a sound signature can be described as dark and non-fatiguing for extended hours of listening? I want to try such a sound signature and have been thinking about getting the Tennmak Pros in the future. Since I already have the ZSTs, I thought it is a good idea to have an iem with a different sound signature like the Tennmak Pros.

In my opinion, I don't think being treble-happy and being dark-sounding is two sides of a coin. There are some earphones that can be neutral and strike somewhat of a balance, but some people are not as fond of a neutral, reference sounding earphones.

I own the Pros and indeed they are more dark-sounding and easier to listen to. And my **** 4in1 is much brighter and treble-happy, and could sing well (pun intended) with certain genres of music. So it also do depend on the type of music that you prefer.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #16,077 of 64,162

In my opinion, I don't think being treble-happy and being dark-sounding is two sides of a coin. There are some earphones that can be neutral and strike somewhat of a balance, but some people are not as fond of a neutral, reference sounding earphones.

I own the Pros and indeed they are more dark-sounding and easier to listen to. And my **** 4in1 is much brighter and treble-happy, and could sing well (pun intended) with certain genres of music. So it also do depend on the type of music that you prefer.

I usually listen to chillout trance, trap music, post rock music, liquid DnB, etc. So, I like my earphones to have deep, punchy bass, but would also like to hear as many details as possible. I would like these qualities along with a less bright & non-fatiguing sound signature (I am not sure if that is even possible). As you mentioned, I may not like neutral, reference sounding earphones for listening to this type of music, at least in the low-price range of <$25. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #16,078 of 64,162
I usually listen to chillout trance, trap music, post rock music, liquid DnB, etc. So, I like my earphones to have deep, punchy bass, but would also like to hear as many details as possible. I would like these qualities along with a less bright & non-fatiguing sound signature (I am not sure if that is even possible). As you mentioned, I may not like neutral, reference sounding earphones for listening to this type of music, at least in the low-price range of <$25. 

I do own the KZ ZN1, which can deliver good punchy bass (but you will need a good seal), rather easy to listen to, but in terms of details, the mids can get rolled off at times. I listen to a mix of R&B, lounge chillout, jazz and vocals. The ZN1 can work well with tracks without much vocals. So it could be something you can consider.

As I tend to lean towards more treble, clarity and resolution, I don't own too many warm sounding IEMs.

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #16,079 of 64,162

I think the ZS3 might be a good match for you.

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #16,080 of 64,162
Another +1 to the ZS3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back