Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 14, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #16,081 of 63,962
I know I should probably just buy something at this point, But can anyone compare the Somic V4's to the ZST's? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #16,082 of 63,962
Hey everyone!

Could any of the veteran KZ enthusiasts tell me which KZ is more comfortable out of the two; KZ ED9 or KZ ZST?

Thanks in advance....
in my opinion for comfort is that i will choose the kz zst because it has Over ears style wearing and has the shape of tfz shell which it has put more comfort when you using it because it has the shape of the ear canal and sit perfectly in ear.

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #16,083 of 63,962
Hey guys, looking for a recommendation here.

If i want an earphone that has more or less the signature of Fidelio X1, bassy with punch - good soundstage - not very harsh treble - but good separation,  which KZ should i get? i don't mind the v-shaped sound. Or if there's any other brand in sub $15, tell me.

Now, my choices are KZ ZST and ED9. Let me know guys! Thanks.
try kz zs3 if you want puncy bass and big soundstage.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #16,087 of 63,962
try kz zs3 if you want puncy bass and big soundstage.

ED9 and ZST are kind of treble happy though.

The KZ ATE looks promising.

I decided to go with the ZST, because my local store sold it for $9ish as a valentine's day promo, i know that doesnt make sense, but anyway they know how to make a single boy happy. Oh! And the good part is that i dont have to wait for that long 2 weeks shipping from china.
And if i dont like the sound, i'll just buy a ZS3 or ATE.
Anyway, thanks for your replies guys!

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #16,089 of 63,962
I decided to go with the ZST, because my local store sold it for $9ish as a valentine's day promo, i know that doesnt make sense, but anyway they know how to make a single boy happy. Oh! And the good part is that i dont have to wait for that long 2 weeks shipping from china.
And if i dont like the sound, i'll just buy a ZS3 or ATE.
Anyway, thanks for your replies guys!
it ok thats a great choice the kz zst is really good if you listen to some high quality audio since it has balanced armature to it.You can hear the details of thats sound if rock with other genre such as jazz or like orchestra concerts thats really needs the armature to kind hear all thats stuff going around in the room for example.

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #16,090 of 63,962
OK it's official, I am truly a "Wild & KZ Guy". Everyone really dogged the ED12 when it came out and I stayed away until the curiosity finally got to me and for $9 the ED12 is BASS HEAVY, narrow staged and lacking in micro detail but for the price it is still a fun iem for the price and if you like Hip-Hop, RAP or percussion's these babies remind me so much of the ZS2. Got another silver cable at the house will try it and see if the top end gets a little more sparkle but another budget offering from the KZ Crew
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #16,091 of 63,962
OK it's official, I am truly a "Wild & KZ Guy". Everyone really dogged the ED12 when it came out and I stayed away until the curiosity finally got to me and for $9 the ED12 is BASS HEAVY, narrow staged and lacking in micro detail but for the price it is still a fun iem for the price and if you like Hip-Hop, RAP or percussion's these babies remind me so much of the ZS2. Got another silver cable at the house will try it and see if the top end gets a little more sparkle but another budget offering from the KZ Crew:wink_face:

its still a bad iem i will avoid it 100%.

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #16,092 of 63,962
OK it's official, I am truly a "Wild & KZ Guy". Everyone really dogged the ED12 when it came out and I stayed away until the curiosity finally got to me and for $9 the ED12 is BASS HEAVY, narrow staged and lacking in micro detail but for the price it is still a fun iem for the price and if you like Hip-Hop, RAP or percussion's these babies remind me so much of the ZS2. Got another silver cable at the house will try it and see if the top end gets a little more sparkle but another budget offering from the KZ Crew:wink_face:

it should be muddy sound right lacking details, bass heavy, narrow sound stage it's a dead iem for kz everyone will avoid it since you described how these sound.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #16,094 of 63,962
  Another +1 to the ZS3

I think the ZS3 might be a good match for you.

Thanks guys for the suggestions! ZS3 does seem like a good choice for me.

I know they are much more expensive, but I am wondering how do the Tennmak Pros compare with the ZS3. Do they have a similar sound signature? Also, do you think they would better fit my needs (to summarize, I mostly listen to chill out trance, trap, post-rock, liquid DnB and am looking for an iem with good, punchy but not overpowering bass, good soundstage and clarity & in general a non-fatiguing sound signature & not as bright as the ZSTs).

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #16,095 of 63,962
Much more expensive?  I got mine for $7 on a Gearbest sale.  Looks like it's a smidgen under $9 now, but that's still a good price: http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436717.html?wid=21

Haven't tried the Tenmak Pros, can't comment on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back