Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #16,130 of 63,914
More like was doing house chores while listening to song, earbud fell and immediately i accidentally step on it. The reason i wanna look for another budget replacement knowing how bad I am. Lol
i really recommend you to buy set of Bluetooth earbud because you do lot of chores at home and need a little free out of earbud wire that really annoy while you work. Buy these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Headphones-Hands-free-Smartphones-EP-B4/dp/B00V81BTBE it should get your job done easily.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #16,131 of 63,914
can you tell the difference between iem and earbud i think it the same thing right.nah i dont want to buy ve monks.

Why are you twisting the question? This isn't what we were debating. You said a couple of things which are false:

in ear is like the iem sit inside the ear with pair of silicon eartips and can give much details than earbuds.
In ear picture

Earbud is sit outside the ear for casual listening and does not give the detail like the in ear with sit inside the ear.

Here's what's true: most high end earphones/earbuds are of the IEM kind because it is easier to get higher sound quality out of an IEM than it is out of an earbud. This is due to many aspects like the sound isolation, the resonance of the sound etc.

There aren't as many high end earbuds as there are IEMs because of this but there are some and many company have proven that you can get very good sound quality out of an earbud. In fact, it was a Sennheiser earbud that started me on the journey to become an audiophile. Despite being the same type of earphone as the Sony ones I had been using up until that point, there was a very significant marked improvement.

Of course I can tell the difference between an IEM and an earbud, they have completely different shapes, but I can tell a difference between multiple IEM and multiple earbuds. This whole community is based around debating the nuance and differences between different sound products but you seem to be referring to them as all part of one and the same.

I know we're not meant to be insulting to other members but I find your opinion is severely misguided and misinformed. No one on this community wants any other member to have a bad listening experience. No one. We all want each other to appreciate the best sound quality they can. If you want to completely ignore earbuds by all means you're free to do that as a consumer or just out of personal preference but to say that they are of inferior quality and can't get good sound quality is outright false and I'd advise you against saying it.

Different types of headphones or earphones had different limits in the amount of good sound quality they can get. For example the very best closed earphones don't sound as good as the best open earphones but that isn't to say that you can't get a closed earphone that doesn't sound great or has a great price and the same is true for earbuds.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #16,132 of 63,914
Any KZ in ear you've tried that sounds like Monk? I've tried Monk and it became my go to earbud before.

Most KZ earphones have strong or at least pronounced bass extension and the Monk doesn't. What the monk has is high resolution, good imaging  and high sensitivity to poor sources. I think the closest thing to it in KZ's lineup, at least out of the earphones I've tried is the KZ ATE, though the ATE has significantly more bass provided you can get a good seal.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #16,133 of 63,914
Most KZ earphones have strong or at least pronounced bass extension and the Monk doesn't. What the monk has is high resolution, good imaging  and high sensitivity to poor sources. I think the closest thing to it in KZ's lineup, at least out of the earphones I've tried is the KZ ATE, though the ATE has significantly more bass provided you can get a good seal.

Thank you for your input. Now I meed to decide either sticking to Monk or trying new KZ. I'm used to earbud cos it doesn't tire my ears as much as in-ear but Monk is quite too big though. Have to think more.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #16,134 of 63,914
Why are you twisting the question? This isn't what we were debating. You said a couple of things which are false:

Here's what's true: most high end earphones/earbuds are of the IEM kind because it is easier to get higher sound quality out of an IEM than it is out of an earbud. This is due to many aspects like the sound isolation, the resonance of the sound etc.

There aren't as many high end earbuds as there are IEMs because of this but there are some and many company have proven that you can get very good sound quality out of an earbud. In fact, it was a Sennheiser earbud that started me on the journey to become an audiophile. Despite being the same type of earphone as the Sony ones I had been using up until that point, there was a very significant marked improvement.

Of course I can tell the difference between an IEM and an earbud, they have completely different shapes, but I can tell a difference between multiple IEM and multiple earbuds. This whole community is based around debating the nuance and differences between different sound products but you seem to be referring to them as all part of one and the same.

I know we're not meant to be insulting to other members but I find your opinion is severely misguided and misinformed. No one on this community wants any other member to have a bad listening experience. No one. We all want each other to appreciate the best sound quality they can. If you want to completely ignore earbuds by all means you're free to do that as a consumer or just out of personal preference but to say that they are of inferior quality and can't get good sound quality is outright false and I'd advise you against saying it.

Different types of headphones or earphones had different limits in the amount of good sound quality they can get. For example the very best closed earphones don't sound as good as the best open earphones but that isn't to say that you can't get a closed earphone that doesn't sound great or has a great price and the same is true for earbuds.
i didn't change the question i just want to know what the differences between iem and earbud thats all, and i didn't say i ignore or hate them.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #16,135 of 63,914
Thank you for your input. Now I meed to decide either sticking to Monk or trying new KZ. I'm used to earbud cos it doesn't tire my ears as much as in-ear but Monk is quite too big though. Have to think more.

Another thing to note, since you mentioned the monk is too big is that out of KZ's lineup the ATE or ATR or other variants with the same shell have the hardest fit in my ears. A good option for you would perhaps be the KZ ED9 with the balanced filter on it (comes included). It sounds very different from the ATE but it has decent imaging, good sound detail and should you want or appreciate bass they have some of the most potent bass out of any KZ earphone, I found them to be very comfortable and fun to listen to.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #16,136 of 63,914
i didn't change the question i just want to know what the differences between iem and earbud thats all, and i didn't say i ignore or hate them.

That didn't seem to be the case at all, it seemed like you were dismissing the differences between them but in any case...

The difference between IEM and earbuds is where they sit on your ear and their shapes and both of those things have pros and cons.

In very general terms, earbuds are more convenient to use because they don't require a tight seal and can be placed and removed quickly. IEMs require a good seal take more time to get on and off and can provide better sound isolation and better bass because of that.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #16,137 of 63,914
Another thing to note, since you mentioned the monk is too big is that out of KZ's lineup the ATE or ATR or other variants with the same shell have the hardest fit in my ears. A good option for you would perhaps be the KZ ED9 with the balanced filter on it (comes included). It sounds very different from the ATE but it has decent imaging, good sound detail and should you want or appreciate bass they have some of the most potent bass out of any KZ earphone, I found them to be very comfortable and fun to listen to.

What are the difference in sound between ATE and ED9? ED9 seems a better choice since over ear in-ear is a bit a hassle for me to put on.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #16,138 of 63,914
That wh
That didn't seem to be the case at all, it seemed like you were dismissing the differences between them but in any case...

The difference between IEM and earbuds is where they sit on your ear and their shapes and both of those things have pros and cons.

In very general terms, earbuds are more convenient to use because they don't require a tight seal and can be placed and removed quickly. IEMs require a good seal take more time to get on and off and can provide better sound isolation and better bass because of that.
thats why i said before "correct me if im wrong" im not good at explaining these thing.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #16,139 of 63,914
What are the difference in sound between ATE and ED9? ED9 seems a better choice since over ear in-ear is a bit a hassle for me to put on.

They are very different sounding outside of the decent/good imaging. The ED9 have the strongest bass of any KZ earphone I tried and with the balanced filters they are supposed to sound more neutral but I found the signature to be too airy for my taste.

The ED9 can either be a bassy V-shaped fun earphone or an airy-sounding bright'ish earphone that is, perhaps, less tiresome to hear. The ATE feels more like a balanced earphone with no big "thrills" in terms of bass or anything of the sort but plenty of clarity, great imaging and detail. The ED9 falls behind the ATE in all those aspects except imaging, where it comes close, and bass extension where it greatly outperforms the ATE.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #16,140 of 63,914
That wh
thats why i said before "correct me if im wrong" im not good at explaining these thing.

That's why I corrected you, with examples and explanations. What more do you need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back