Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #16,156 of 63,836
Damn ZS3 is such a great IEM but I have a terrible driver flex, hurts my ear a lot. Did I have a bad batch or this is the case with every ZS3?

The nozzle is too short making it very uncomfortable for me :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #16,157 of 63,836
@kokakolia: there was a posting by a member that suggested stuffing some foam into the filter to reduce the treble's brightness. Might want to try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good idea. My ED9s are collecting dust because the ED7 have everything I like about the ED9s (soundstage, overall clarity) minus the heavy metal casing, shrill treble and boomy bass. So...why bother when the cheaper option kicks butt? 

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #16,158 of 63,836
  Found a way for me to enjoy the bronze filters! MOAR FILTER!!

I added a touch of this porous foam, just enough to avoid covering the ventilation hole. This maintains the airiness I liked, dials back the treble a smidge and smooths it out, and bring back some of the sub-bass I enjoy with the gold filters. Gad damn these things are good! 

Give this a shot

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #16,162 of 63,836
Agree, ATE 5th gen is good with every genre while ED9 can sound little "artificial" in highs with some genres and too V-shaped, even with brass nozzles (could have more midrange).

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #16,166 of 63,836
Damn ZS3 is such a great IEM but I have a terrible driver flex, hurts my ear a lot. Did I have a bad batch or this is the case with every ZS3?

The nozzle is too short making it very uncomfortable for me
frown.gif

Try changing the tips for a more comfortable fit.

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #16,169 of 63,836
Try changing the tips for a more comfortable fit.

Already, been tip rolling with various tips, still hurts my ear :frowning2:

Have you tried rounded foams?
Something like these:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32777242868.html
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32477744702.html
They have worked for me with the zs3

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #16,170 of 63,836

The nozzle is too short making it very uncomfortable for me
frown.gif

I'm new to the ZS3, having come from the ATE-S which I thought was as comfortable as a (normally-priced) IEM can get. As much as it seemed unbelievable, the ZS3 topped them in that regard. I understand their design's been lifted from the InEar StageDiver, which was in turn molded as an average out of hundreds of people's ear shape impressions. The ZS3 fits me just perfectly - the nozzle, the shape of the ear-piece, it's amazing. Plus, I get a fabulous seal and effortless insertion with the M-sized tips. Even with the comfortable ATE-S I could still feel them sticking in my ears. Not so with the ZS3. Sometimes I forget I even wear them. They fit me so well, now I find the ATE-S a bit uncomfortable...

And there's no driver flex in my unit whatsoever.

All that is to say, I don't think the problems you're having with your unit are common. Maybe you're just out of luck, and your ear shape differs from that average the ZS3/StageDiver was going for...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back