Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 1, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #15,871 of 63,971
I doubt HTC is packing fakes in with their phones :)

Well then it must be the fit I guess. They require shallow fit like the MH1. If I push them a tiny bit to deep into my ear canals, bass and treble go away and I am left with totally dull sounding low volume mids. :wink:

Or maybe mine are fakes that sound much better than the originals... :D

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #15,872 of 63,971
I think we probably need to stop discussing non-KZ earphones in here. 
wink.gif

Can anyone point me in the direction of sellers with really, really old school KZ stuff?

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #15,875 of 63,971

I bought a pair of the LG's following your recommendation, I wasn't that impressed to be frank.  Tuning on them is fairly neutral if that's your thing and they are a good looking well made pair of earphones but nothing awe inspiring other than the price. Maybe that seller has now switched to selling copies?

ZST are a bright headphone if you compare them to a Kinera for example, and they're certainly in the top 30% of 40 earphones I've listened to in the last few weeks. However, I was simply referencing the fact that Kokakolia said people were saying they were too bright.

You're right about peak at 10kHz and I think that's what @Coil is referring too as well, doesn't bother me too much though, a shade lower and it would have got right on my nerves though.

my notes on the LG from a few years ago:
a very competent, refined IEM with no material flaws aside from a lack of "wow." Slightly dark sounding to me; bass is very quick and tight, though the high end could stand a little more extension/sizzle. Very comfortable and well made.

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #15,879 of 63,971
wow didn't think it'd be *that* treble-y, that treble figure is higher than Seth Rogen when he's with Snoop. Good Lord, thanks btw

Your welcome 
beerchug.gif

Please mind the small dB-scale on the left and that this measurement is uncompensated. So it might appear worse than it actually is. Most people export more zoomed out pictures with much bigger dB-scales on the y-axis. Furthermore the smoothing is only 1/48 oct. so it will appear more "peaky" than e.g. a 1/6 oct. smoothing.

You can find some other measurements for comparison here: http://headflux.de/messungen/

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #15,880 of 63,971
  ED9, versatile!? The treble is so shrill that it makes a lot of tracks sound painful. I challenge you to listen to Mac Demarco without frowning through the ED9s. 

Have you tried the ED7!? It's everything I like from the ED9 minus the awful treble and with less bass. If the ED9s have a "V-shape" signature, the ED7s are perfectly balanced. 

The ED7 are just perfect in my book. 

It's just funny that they're one of the cheapest earbuds from KZ ($6~12), are made out of bamboo and sound "just right" in my opinion. 

That depends, the ED9 sounds great with aftermarket tips like the Auvio medium silicone tips mounted on the gold tuning nozzles. But, you got me curious not jumping on the Bamboo ED7's earlier.

Do you have the smaller KD7 version? Or the bigger one? ....I might just buy one when I recuperate from my vacation last month.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #15,881 of 63,971
That depends, the ED9 sounds great with aftermarket tips like the Auvio medium silicone tips mounted on the gold tuning nozzles. But, you got me curious not jumping on the Bamboo ED7's earlier.

Do you have the smaller KD7 version? Or the bigger one? ....I might just buy one when I recuperate from my vacation last month.

FWIW, I find the ED9 with brass nozzles and the big ED7 very similar in tuning but with the ED7 having more bass, 5 to 10dB, not really sure how much exactly.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #15,883 of 63,971

I got the bigger version. I am using the stock tips. Just the plain old' ED7s. The bamboo is a nice touch. It beats having heavy metal ear pieces falling out of your ear.

I love them! They're tuned perfectly without shenanigans with the bass & treble (like with ED9s). I would say buy them, but if you like the ED9s then the ED7s might sound dull in comparison. They have no sizzle in the treble, and that's why I like them.

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #15,884 of 63,971
Hello,

I have both Ate and Zs3, i really love the Ate but Zs3 dosn't really fit, and the cable is bad.

i have a few questions.

1. have anyone else the problem i have with Zs3?. Is Zst better fitting for you?.

2. Does the cable of Zst or Ed12 fit the Zs3?.

3. Is the Atr worth getting if i alredy have ates?.

Thanks!.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #15,885 of 63,971
I found the ZS3 better fitting than my ATR.  But I can see how the ZS3 might not fit as well since it takes up more space and tries to conform to your outer ear canal.

ZST has a bend in the detachable cable, ZS3 has a straight plug.  Don't think they are compatible despite both being two pin designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back