Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 2, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #15,886 of 63,803

3. Is the Atr worth getting if i alredy have ates?.

I personally wouldn't. The ATE's are more neutral sounding, with less of a soundstage, but they have more frequency extension in both directions. ATR's are the second worst of the KZ range I've tried. I'd recommend the Tennmak Pro's over the ATR's any day. But that's $4 vs $22.

A ton of ZST hate in the last few pages! They're only $15 - do yourself a favor and buy them :). If you look through the thread, almost nobody who actually has them says they're bad

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #15,888 of 63,803

Does anyone have a frequency response chart for the ZST lol

KZ-ZST-web.jpg

Heh, that`s quite same looking graph I`ve been describing - highs peak up from 7-8kHz and sub-bass boost that little overshadows higher midbass details and low-mids
wink.gif
 Nice to know I`m hearing things correctly.

3. Is the Atr worth getting if i alredy have ates?.

I personally wouldn't. The ATE's are more neutral sounding, with less of a soundstage, but they have more frequency extension in both directions. ATR's are the second worst of the KZ range I've tried. I'd recommend the Tennmak Pro's over the ATR's any day. But that's $4 vs $22.

A ton of ZST hate in the last few pages! They're only $15 - do yourself a favor and buy them :). If you look through the thread, almost nobody who actually has them says they're bad 

1) I`m the only one who has them and "says they are bad"? I have NOT said it and pointed out ZST faults objectively!

2) About ATR vs. ATE - ATE 5th gen actually has bigger soundstage for sure (if we take out KZ QC and BQ differences) while ATR is more refined and detailed, in some sense also more balanced. Sorry if ATR is second worst to You but if You follow this thread then many respected reviewers say mostly only good thing about ATR and are very pleased with it.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #15,889 of 63,803
Well one of my ZS3 has decided to go a bit fubar, the cable is a bit loose and it's cutting out occasionally. As it happens my **** DT2s also broke this week.

If I can get into the ZS3 I'll try dropping the drivers from the **** into the ZS3, anyone know if the ZS3 uses heat sensitive glue?

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #15,890 of 63,803

Nah like saoshyant said theres nothing wrong people posting their thoughts/impressions what they hear and yes it shd contain both +ve & -ve sides,honestly........just like you trash the $4 atr even now. :frowning2:

I dont see anyone targeting you when you still claim atr IS worst but sametime dont understand who you are targeting this time abt someone who dislikes his zst pair?

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #15,891 of 63,803
Well one of my ZS3 has decided to go a bit fubar, the cable is a bit loose and it's cutting out occasionally. As it happens my **** DT2s also broke this week.

If I can get into the ZS3 I'll try dropping the drivers from the **** into the ZS3, anyone know if the ZS3 uses heat sensitive glue?

Thats quite interesting......I have a feeling that zs3 driver might be smaller in dia to the ****'s(DD).

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #15,892 of 63,803
I got the bigger version. I am using the stock tips. Just the plain old' ED7s. The bamboo is a nice touch. It beats having heavy metal ear pieces falling out of your ear.

I love them! They're tuned perfectly without shenanigans with the bass & treble (like with ED9s). I would say buy them, but if you like the ED9s then the ED7s might sound dull in comparison. They have no sizzle in the treble, and that's why I like them.

i have the complete opposite taste--the ed7 was the first kz that didn't wow me in some way--they have a pleasant high end but somewhat undisciplined lows + the build quality was uncharacteristically slapdash. i ended up giving them to my mailman, who likes 'em. the ed9 on the other hand, remains my main beyootch--i just don't perceive the treble brightness that others have complained of. vive le difference!

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #15,893 of 63,803
Well, if we stop talking about it and ignore the problem, it'll go away. That and flag the offensive posts. Problem solved!

​
The LPs with Brainwavz HM5 Hybrid pads sounds completely bad@$$ btw. Cleans up that mid-bass bloom and brings up the treble considerably. For any of those KZ elders that have stuck around and have a headphone from this series, those pads will breath some new life into them :)

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #15,895 of 63,803

i have the complete opposite taste--the ed7 was the first kz that didn't wow me in some way--they have a pleasant high end but somewhat undisciplined lows + the build quality was uncharacteristically slapdash. i ended up giving them to my mailman, who likes 'em. the ed9 on the other hand, remains my main beyootch--i just don't perceive the treble brightness that others have complained of. vive le difference!

I really appreciate this kind of feedback because someone might ask me for earphone advice. 

I am glad that you found the perfect KZ earphone for you!

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #15,899 of 63,803
Having read the forum for quite sometime, I decided that the only way to enjoy the reviews was to actually purchase the earphone. So I ended up purchasing the ED9 and then the ZST a week after.
dcd465e550e4ac8016be98a579491c0e.jpg

What can I say about the KZs? They are nice earphone although the silicone tip on both of them are not airtight, especially when compared to zero audio (which I owned a couple).

I listen to jazz (earl klugh, david benoit, rippington, george benson) and I think they sounded great on the zst. When I'm listening to pop (lionel richie, phil collins, and whatever current music my son made me listen) the ED9 provide enough bass and high frequencis to make me want to dance, well almost.

Overall, not bad earphones. The price isn't bad at all. Thanks for those who made reviews and gave opinions on the KZ earphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back