Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 26, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #15,706 of 63,881
^ Very nice pictures, the two of you above me!

I dipped my toe in the KZ waters with a pair of ATEs that arrived last week. I find them to be very nice, and love that they provide a dark, mid forward signature that I felt was lacking the my Sony hybrids, the XBA-H1. They really give me the type of satisfaction I had with my Hifiman RE-600. My only complaint though is that every so often, there will be a song I listen to that will have a lower frequency acoustic instrument like a cello or acoustic bass, and the notes it makes come off more like "Wub-wub" from a dubstep song, than as a real instrument with it's own texture and detail.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #15,707 of 63,881
Even though they are curved that way, it's actually wrong. Mine were curved like that, but you have to bend them the other way for proper polarity and fit. Nothing wrong with them. It's safe since it's just a thin piece of malleable metal inside.

I now have the contours/cut hugging each other/following the shape of the pod. That IS correct, correct? Only issue is that the hook itself is not tight around my ear now. Problems problems.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #15,708 of 63,881
  ^ Very nice pictures, the two of you above me!

I dipped my toe in the KZ waters with a pair of ATEs that arrived last week. I find them to be very nice, and love that they provide a dark, mid forward signature that I felt was lacking the my Sony hybrids, the XBA-H1. They really give me the type of satisfaction I had with my Hifiman RE-600. My only complaint though is that every so often, there will be a song I listen to that will have a lower frequency acoustic instrument like a cello or acoustic bass, and the notes it makes come off more like "Wub-wub" from a dubstep song, than as a real instrument with it's own texture and detail.

THX Miss Christie, if you can afford it you should try the ED9 (one of the two filters may just hit the spot for you and clear that wub wub thing up) and if you like those give KZ's ZST a run. IMO they are easily worth their asking price
wink_face.gif

Actually Stuck I wish they would just leave that ear guide off these cables, most cables always lay nicely over my ears
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #15,709 of 63,881
I now have the contours/cut hugging each other/following the shape of the pod. That IS correct, correct? Only issue is that the hook itself is not tight around my ear now. Problems problems.

Just bend the memory wire around your ear until it takes shape.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #15,710 of 63,881
Just bend the memory wire around your ear until it takes shape.

I am. Where the wire actually gives way to the bend jutting out from the earpod is too long, if that makes sense. It's not close enough to the curve of my ear. I'd have to show pic I guess. I'm still working with it but at least we seem to be 90 or 95% of the way there. Now, is there a way to tell if I have the latest updated version or a recalled version?

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #15,711 of 63,881
  So, Just measured the impedence of the KZ ZST Cables, seems to be somewhere around 3 Ohm on the right channel and and 3 Ohm on the left! Hope this helps!

That`s a LOT! O_o Way too much actually!

My only complaint though is that every so often, there will be a song I listen to that will have a lower frequency acoustic instrument like a cello or acoustic bass, and the notes it makes come off more like "Wub-wub" from a dubstep song, than as a real instrument with it's own texture and detail.

You could try closing (or half-closing) port holes on shells and use very wide bore or KZ starline tips (or tips that You find reducing bass slightly).

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #15,712 of 63,881
How do you measure the impedance of the cable?  Do you just measure from the 3.5mm to the pin or what?

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #15,713 of 63,881
  Can anyone with the KZ ZS3 earphones please look at this and tell me if I have the correct versions of these or if these were recalled? The cut/angle on the left hand earbud does not match like the right does. http://imgur.com/a/bSTYK There also may or may not be a slight channel imbalance on the left hand side. I'm wondering if I got an early version or if I have the correct version.

You have the cables inserted the wrong way.  The L and R letters should face out (away from your head), and the contours on the wire housing should match up exactly with the earbud body.

You can also check the polarity of your wiring and earbuds online, someone posted a link here once.  Just search polarity check and there will be tones to play to see if the polarity is correct. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #15,714 of 63,881
Ay sup new member here, anyone have experience with the Rock Zircons? Looking to get the ZST colorfuls and wondering if they would be a step up or not. Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I am a bit of an amateur that's just looking to get some good audio without breaking the bank. Cheers

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #15,715 of 63,881
KZ ZST arrived BROKEN

Hallo, I am new in forum. My new KZ ZST arrived on monday. Before arrived KZ ATR. All good. But yesterday I want to exchange tips. One pod has a removed grill. How can I fix it?

Thank you for advice.

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #15,716 of 63,881
Ay sup new member here, anyone have experience with the Rock Zircons? Looking to get the ZST colorfuls and wondering if they would be a step up or not. Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I am a bit of an amateur that's just looking to get some good audio without breaking the bank. Cheers

Hi TheWongWrong. Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet. 
biggrin.gif
 I'd say the ZST is a definite step up from the Zircon with more clarity, detail and bigger soundstage. BUT it has significantly less bass than the Zircon. Overall the ZST is better in my opinion.

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #15,717 of 63,881
Hi TheWongWrong. Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet. :D  I'd say the ZST is a definite step up from the Zircon with more clarity, detail and bigger soundstage. BUT it has significantly less bass than the Zircon. Overall the ZST is better in my opinion.
haha thanks for your quick reply :D but if I'm not mistaken isn't the bass on the zircon somewhat considered "too much"? I don't have much experience with different headphones so I'm not too sure. Thanks again

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #15,718 of 63,881
Hi TheWongWrong. Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet. :D  I'd say the ZST is a definite step up from the Zircon with more clarity, detail and bigger soundstage. BUT it has significantly less bass than the Zircon. Overall the ZST is better in my opinion.
Also do you mind telling me how long you zircon lasted? Mine is already starting to go with the right speaker and it's barely been a month. Hope the ZSTs last longer :/

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #15,719 of 63,881
Also do you mind telling me how long you zircon lasted? Mine is already starting to go with the right speaker and it's barely been a month. Hope the ZSTs last longer :/

Lol. I've heard so many stories like that, but people keep buying Zircons... I think we need to start a protest and start buying other headphones instead. I did buy their Rock Mula's though. I'll let you know how long those last...

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #15,720 of 63,881
KZ ZST arrived BROKEN

Hallo, I am new in forum. My new KZ ZST arrived on monday. Before arrived KZ ATR. All good. But yesterday I want to exchange tips. One pod has a removed grill. How can I fix it?

Thank you for advice.

OT1: I try post message with image yesterday, but picture was removed and empty message without text in thread. This is quite useless, if I am looking for help and also unable explain, what is wrong. One picture is better than 1000 words.
OT2: I uploaded pictures and try to add links to message, but no permission to publish offsite links or images.

@$%^#$^%^& unbelievable...

Is there someone, I can MP with links and he adds pictures in reply?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back