Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 27, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #15,738 of 63,958
oh well I guess we'll have to expect this sorta stuff with Chi-Fi lol

@jkaudio to add to what Vidal said on the repair you should use something like a toothpick or mechanical pencil end (lead in) to work that mesh screen back down inside the nozzle
wink_face.gif

@chickenmoon Try to remember we all don't hear our iem's the same, I have found far more who like the ZST than don't
bigsmile_face.gif
As a <$20 hybrid I think they are fantastic but then again we are talking my ears.

@TheWongWrong maybe here in a week or so when my colorfuls come in I can tell you if I hear any difference in the two ZST's
biggrin.gif
Also the Rock Zircon sounds nothing like the ZST but for their price they are not bad and I've had a perfect pair for like 2 years now, really like wearing them when I'm at either of my son's sporting events. (Wife says it keeps me under control and from flying out of my seat when I think I see things differently than the refs)
eek.gif
LOL

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #15,739 of 63,958
That's why they break then, even western brands won't withstand frequent pocketing. Get yourself a decent case and they'll last for ages.

I was referring to 'dead on arrival' with those numbers though.

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #15,740 of 63,958
Hey can anyone confirm with me if the colorfuls are tuned differently than the black/carbons? If so in what way? And also I've heard that there was a QC issue with the black/carbons, is that true?

They are now tuned the same. I have a pair of both bought within the last month. I did a side by side before doing my review of the ZST.

I had one from the earliest batch, the bass was overpowering. They were fun but not "hifi" material. The latest versions are tuned more conservatively and are relatively balanced.

If you are treble sensitive then you may find them excessively bright, you'll find most hybrids are similar. If you want less high end look at the Kineras or Tennmak.

The treble sensitivity is probably age related. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #15,742 of 63,958
They are now tuned the same. I have a pair of both bought within the last month. I did a side by side before doing my review of the ZST.

I had one from the earliest batch, the bass was overpowering. They were fun but not "hifi" material. The latest versions are tuned more conservatively and are relatively balanced.

If you are treble sensitive then you may find them excessively bright, you'll find most hybrids are similar. If you want less high end look at the Kineras or Tennmak.

thanks for all your info man it's really helpful :D

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #15,743 of 63,958
@jkaudio
to add to what Vidal said on the repair you should use something like a toothpick or mechanical pencil end (lead in) to work that mesh screen back down inside the nozzle:wink_face:

@chickenmoon
Try to remember we all don't hear our iem's the same, I have found far more who like the ZST than don't:bigsmile_face: As a <$20 hybrid I think they are fantastic but then again we are talking my ears.

@TheWongWrong
maybe here in a week or so when my colorfuls come in I can tell you if I hear any difference in the two ZST's:D Also the Rock Zircon sounds nothing like the ZST but for their price they are not bad and I've had a perfect pair for like 2 years now, really like wearing them when I'm at either of my son's sporting events. (Wife says it keeps me under control and from flying out of my seat when I think I see things differently than the refs):eek: LOL

what sorta music do you listen to with your Zircons?

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #15,744 of 63,958

Makes me wonder what kind of ZST I have as they don't have overpowering bass or even much bass and neither are they bright sounding. Quite muddy mids and plus a sibilance peak is what I hear most in them. Being just past 50 I cannot hear anything above around 14khz but I hear the rest of the spectrum fine. Vivo XE800, Quadbeat 3, especially AKG version and Monoprice feel very bright to me, the ZST doesn't, it just has sibilance/prominent 10khz frequencies.

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #15,746 of 63,958
Makes me wonder what kind of ZST I have as they don't have overpowering bass or even much bass and neither are they bright sounding. Quite muddy mids and plus a sibilance peak is what I hear most in them. Being just past 50 I cannot hear anything above around 14khz but I hear the rest of the spectrum fine. Vivo XE800, Quadbeat 3, espacially AKG version and Monoprice feel very bright to me the ZST not.

Doesn't sound like the ZSTs I've heard by any stretch. The ZST are pretty sweet sounding. 

It's Chinese New Year, so here's some golden KZ antique

You can still get them on Ali are they any good?

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #15,748 of 63,958
Just got my tube headphone amp I designed and made shipped from my old home.

Holy moly mids just came out of nowhere on the ZST colorfuls. I can tell the difference between the tube amp and just plugging them into my computer. ZST's really excel when properly driven.

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #15,750 of 63,958

Users who are viewing this thread

Back