Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 27, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #15,721 of 63,796
haha thanks for your quick reply :D but if I'm not mistaken isn't the bass on the zircon somewhat considered "too much"? I don't have much experience with different headphones so I'm not too sure. Thanks again

Yeah the zircon is definitely in basshead territory and can be too much for me personally.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #15,722 of 63,796

KZ ZST arrived BROKEN

Hallo, I am new in forum. My new KZ ZST arrived on monday. Before arrived KZ ATR. All good. But yesterday I want to exchange tips. One pod has a removed grill. How can I fix it?

Thank you for advice.

OT1: I try post message with image yesterday, but picture was removed and empty message without text in thread. This is quite useless, if I am looking for help and also unable explain, what is wrong. One picture is better than 1000 words.
OT2: I uploaded pictures and try to add links to message, but no permission to publish offsite links or images.

@$%^#$^%^& unbelievable...

Is there someone, I can MP with links and he adds pictures in reply?

Thank you.

I think you need a certain number of posts before you're allowed to post pictures. I also think that you explained the situation clearly enough to not need a picture to be posted, since this issue (missing/misplaced grill) has happened in the past. The best solution would be to contact the seller and get them to send a replacement pair, though you'll probably need to send the faulty one back. Is there a difference in sound?

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #15,723 of 63,796

I think you need a certain number of posts before you're allowed to post pictures. I also think that you explained the situation clearly enough to not need a picture to be posted, since this issue (missing/misplaced grill) has happened in the past. The best solution would be to contact the seller and get them to send a replacement pair, though you'll probably need to send the faulty one back. Is there a difference in sound?

I think no. They are perfect. Even with this defect. Probably I will try glue it with water resistante fast glue. My only and best headphones I use for ages are Philips SBC HP800. ZST and ATR sounds better for me against HP800 in many aspects (stage, bass atc). Now I prefer ZST over Xiaomi Hybrid. But both are perfect.

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #15,725 of 63,796
Jan 27, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #15,726 of 63,796
  KZ ZST arrived BROKEN

Hallo, I am new in forum. My new KZ ZST arrived on monday. Before arrived KZ ATR. All good. But yesterday I want to exchange tips. One pod has a removed grill. How can I fix it?

Thank you for advice.

Where did you order them from? I will be getting my ZSTs from Amazon today. 

If you ordered from a site like Amazon, you can usually return them for a refund even if the seller is not being helpful.

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #15,727 of 63,796

I think no. They are perfect. Even with this defect. Probably I will try glue it with water resistante fast glue. My only and best headphones I use for ages are Philips SBC HP800. ZST and ATR sounds better for me against HP800 in many aspects (stage, bass atc). Now I prefer ZST over Xiaomi Hybrid. But both are perfect.

There maybe enough residual glue to hold the grille in place with just a very light press.

The mesh will have little to no bearing on the sound so you could just remove it, but you my risk debris entering the ear piece. I wouldn't be sending them back to China if you got them from there, postage takes forever from most Western countries.

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #15,730 of 63,796

There maybe enough residual glue to hold the grille in place with just a very light press.

The mesh will have little to no bearing on the sound so you could just remove it, but you my risk debris entering the ear piece. I wouldn't be sending them back to China if you got them from there, postage takes forever from most Western countries.

Yea, you are right. If I find how to disassembly pods, I give a try to fast glue.

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #15,731 of 63,796
And also I've heard that there was a QC issue with the black/carbons, is that true?

A certain number of people, including me, don't like them at all and I'm not sure it's a QC issue. Nobody knows for sure because nobody's reported having both a good and bad pair so far.

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #15,732 of 63,796
A certain number of people, including me, don't like them at all and I'm not sure it's a QC issue. Nobody knows for sure because nobody's reported having both a good and bad pair so far.
do you mean the black ones specifically? I've heard ppl talk about them having really sibilant highs and that being a QC issue which was also solved with the colorfuls but I'm not sure how true that is. Although I don't believe I have seen ppl complaining about sibilant highs with the colorfuls

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #15,733 of 63,796
do you mean the black ones specifically? I've heard ppl talk about them having really sibilant highs and that being a QC issue which was also solved with the colorfuls but I'm not sure how true that is. Although I don't believe I have seen ppl complaining about sibilant highs with the colorfuls

I don't know for sure, my grey pair sure sounds quite dreadful (relatively speaking) and the only highs it has is a sibilance peak at 10khz. They don't feel bright, only sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back