Klipsch Image S4?
Oct 23, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #106 of 629
If you mean sleeping sitting up in a chair, which I have done with the S4s during one of these late night Phillies playoff games, then yes, they work.

If you mean sleeping with your head/ear against the pillow, they stick out too far. I use the UM3X when I need to rest my head against a pillow.

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #109 of 629
I lie down on the couch with them on. When I rest my head on either side, it will add pressure to my ear and make them very uncomfortable. I imagine they would be good for sleeping only if your rest the back of your head on the pillow and you don't move whatsoever while sleeping. Otherwise, you'll wake up with sore ears.

Oct 24, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #110 of 629
I can easily fall asleep with them in, lying on my back. Rolling over on my side is a signal to remove them and put the Zune on the night stand. I do this automatically now. I have slept with them in, almost all night, several times.

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #111 of 629
I guess it depends if you wear them hanging down, or with the cable up over your ears. I find they sit much more flush with my ears if I have them cable over... Sometimes the right earpiece tends to back out a bit though and break seal this way, and it's not quite as secure a fit as just hanging down. No difference in sound either way....

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #112 of 629
Your right cn11 sometimes i wear them up and over my ear and sometimes i just wear them regularly. I must have a deformed left ear because i have always have problems getting earbuds/iems to stay in that ear. But when i wear the cords over my ears i have no problem having it stay in my left ear.

But i dont like sleeping with anything attached to me so to speak. I don't even wear socks so IEMs are kinda out of the question

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #113 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have every Basil Fawlty adventure/episode in my DVD collection. So, yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Hope you won't be disappointed. This might help. Last night, I listened the modded Amp3 I have in my possession (thinking about buying it) with the S4s (UM56 tips) and I was amazed at the SQ coming through these $79 phones. As you know from the Amp3 thread, these are the only IEMs that don't hiss from the ones I own, so they are really important on that front (Amp3) alone. Since you own the Amp3, I thought I would mention it.

Seems the S4s and Amp3 were made for each other, but only after "extended play time," if you catch my drift.

I surely catch your drift, so I'll give the them the appropriate play time while I watch Basil, Sybil and Manuel taking care of their Torquay homestead.
Yes, AMP3 has a unique sound quality, I can surely agree on this, but particular when it's suited up up with an IEM, headphone or whatever we place around or in our ears. What about the shure flex tips compared to the Um56 tips, what's your input on this? I'm thinking value wise..

Oct 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #114 of 629
Shure Flex tips are excellent too. Just a more shallow insertion than the customs, of course. You may also just like the OEM gels. I went from gels to modded flanges (shures, 3 to 2 flanges, stalk trimmed) to soft flex mediums. Now, the UM56s are mainly what I use. But for ease of use, I seem stuck on the soft flex tips.

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #115 of 629
Thanks for the answers guys. I use (well try to) my ER6s when lying on my side and they hurt quite a bit so I was looking for IEMs that I could sleep with. The only way I can sleep with them on my side is if I put my hand between my cheek and the pillow to lift my head off the pillow. I'll have a look at the UM3Xs.

Edit : Oh ha, $400 isn't quite what I had in mind :p

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #118 of 629
figured this would be another good place to ask. how would these compare to the Denon AH-C551K in the bass department? i first didn't like the bass on the c55's but i've grown to like them. problem is, they break quickly..i'm going on my 3rd pair so it's time for something new.

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #119 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by eggyhustles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
figured this would be another good place to ask. how would these compare to the Denon AH-C551K in the bass department? i first didn't like the bass on the c55's but i've grown to like them. problem is, they break quickly..i'm going on my 3rd pair so it's time for something new.

The C551K will have more bass presence, but the bass will be a little boomier and not as punchy as the S4. The S4 have very good bass with good impact, but they still do not match the punchiness and quality of the bass on the IE7.

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #120 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The C551K will have more bass presence, but the bass will be a little boomier and not as punchy as the S4. The S4 have very good bass with good impact, but they still do not match the punchiness and quality of the bass on the IE7.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back