Klipsch Customs 1's just died on me :(
Sep 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

oli_ramsay

Head-Fier
So I'm in need of some new IEMs!  My budget is around £60, and from the couple of threads I've read so far seems there's some great value options available compared to when I bought the Customs (July last year).  I really want another pair of IEMs because earbuds just fall out when I'm riding my bike (the creative EP-630's for example).

I mainly listen to hip hop and trance so bass is paramount, this is an area where the custom 1's excelled.  So far I've considered the Etymotic mc5's and the Klipsch s4's?  But are the S4's buds or IEMs?  Anyway I'd love your input, gonna read through a few more threads for ideas, cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 5
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/271258/headphone-buyer-s-guide

was also checking out this guide but I don't know if it's been updated.... I'm sure there's an abundance of new offerings not listed there.

EDIT:

Just been reading through this guide, currently liking the Hippo VB's.

Sep 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Seems I can't get the VB's in the UK.  Leaning towards the S4's.  My question is do they go deep into your ear like the custom series or do they just sit in like the senheissers CX 300's for example?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 5
After they burned in the bass was good, used with a fiio e5 and fuze (no EQ).  I've had the PL-30's before and was thoroughly unimpressed no bass and they wouldn't stay in my ears.

I think I've made up my mind and am gonna go with the klipsch S4's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back