KG CFA3 headphone amp
Jan 8, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #736 of 1,794
I forgot to ask... are the LCD-5 and TC relatively easy headphones to find synergy with?
Well they both seem to feel right at home on the rigs I have here... I have really found nothing to complain about as far as their performances go. But then again, both Niimbus US4 and Pathos InPol Ear are great all-rounders, including all rounders for the Susvara as well. In the Susvara's case, I feel confident in blaming my curiosity about other amps, solely on the great reviews I have read about candidates such as the CFA3, rather than any deficiency I have personally found from listening to it on the rigs I have.

It may sound sometimes as if I am complaining, but that is really not the case. It may simply reflect my eagerness to hear the CFA3 just to find out what the real difference is. I actually suspect the difference will be between different types of "great" rather than one between "great" and "meh." I just wish I had the means to settle the matter now, just to cure me of my own impatience (some would say my "nervosa").

Here's one question I have : Can the CFA3 be configured to handle *both* planars and estats?

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #737 of 1,794
Here's one question I have : Can the CFA3 be configured to handle *both* planars and estats?
I'd also love to know the answer to this!

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #738 of 1,794
Well they both seem to feel right at home on the rigs I have here... I have really found nothing to complain about as far as their performances go. But then again, both Niimbus US4 and Pathos InPol Ear are great all-rounders, including all rounders for the Susvara as well. In the Susvara's case, I feel confident in blaming my curiosity about other amps, solely on the great reviews I have read about candidates such as the CFA3, rather than any deficiency I have personally found from listening to it on the rigs I have.

It may sound sometimes as if I am complaining, but that is really not the case. It may simply reflect my eagerness to hear the CFA3 just to find out what the real difference is. I actually suspect the difference will be between different types of "great" rather than one between "great" and "meh." I just wish I had the means to settle the matter now, just to cure me of my own impatience (some would say my "nervosa").

I don’t know the answer to this question. But @Dukei will.

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #739 of 1,794
I'd also love to know the answer to this!
Not sure there would be room for an energizer but @Dukei might have some ideas. I know I have speaker outputs that could be combined with an energizer to serve the purpose but I believe your thinking something like the LTA Z10e

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #741 of 1,794
Jan 9, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #743 of 1,794
That's why there is the cfaelectrostat.

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #744 of 1,794
Jan 9, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #745 of 1,794
Jan 9, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #746 of 1,794
Ha. No. Megatron is Megatron. cfaelectrostat is Kevin's current feedback electrostatic amplifier.
I am not up to speed on all the options and differing amps.

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #748 of 1,794
Jan 10, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #750 of 1,794
so many different amplifiers and variations. All tube, some tube and all solid state. including an amp with TWT's

and more coming once i get that felista megatron off my bench.

in other news dukei has the tube input stage running. no idea if he likes it or not :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back