KG CFA3 headphone amp
Sep 25, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #256 of 1,806
I found someone locally who builds the CFA3 and I'm looking into it. My goodness my wallet is aching. I just preordered a Burson GT and now I'm looking into the CFA 3 while the new iPhone also just came out. lol.

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #257 of 1,806
I found someone locally who builds the CFA3 and I'm looking into it. My goodness my wallet is aching. I just preordered a Burson GT and now I'm looking into the CFA 3 while the new iPhone also just came out. lol.
Do share. We're hoping it is not Thuan. Sigh.

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #258 of 1,806
Sorry man, who/what is a Thuan?

If it's the name of the person building the CFA3, nope not a Thuan.

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #259 of 1,806
Yeah need to be careful with who the builder is. It’s best if you could see the internals of his past builds and consult with someone who has extensive experience with KG amps.
I saw his supposedly ”Megatron” amp on HC, and boy that‘s one ugly work.

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #260 of 1,806
Yeah need to be careful with who the builder is. It’s best if you could see the internals of his past builds and consult with someone who has extensive experience with KG amps.

I saw his supposedly ”Megatron” amp on HC, and boy that‘s one ugly work.
Fortunately / unfortunately he, too, built a few CFA3's. And Dynahi.

Luckily he didn't seem to completely **** those builds.

But totally suspect.

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #261 of 1,806
Sorry man, who/what is a Thuan?

If it's the name of the person building the CFA3, nope not a Thuan.
Thuan/Tran is a singular name of a multitude brand. Felitsa. FLS. Lil Knight. The list goes on.

Past, present, future builds are all criminal.

He is based in Singapore.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #262 of 1,806
The pimped lights are oh so ridiculous. LOL

You should have done an led style volume indicator ring.

Very nice despite the outlandish nature which is all fun.
Genius... Wish I would have thought of the volume indicator :)

I'm mostly excited about the external PSU though. The lower noise floor will be hugely beneficial. I'm also really looking forward to pitting it against the WA33 EE JPS. I can't imagine any SS amp, even the CFA3, competing with the gorgeous harmonics and sheer open staging this thing provides. I guess we'll see...

Sep 26, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #263 of 1,806
Thuan/Tran is a singular name of a multitude brand. Felitsa. FLS. Lil Knight. The list goes on.

Past, present, future builds are all criminal.

He is based in Singapore.
I'm from Singapore and recently had a SuperSymmetry Dynahi built here by a loca DIYer (not Felitsa) and I am 101% sure Felitsa is based out of Vietnam and not Singapore.

I posted some pics of my build on the Head-fi FB group yesterday and someone commented being worried about my build in case it was being built by Felitsa.

I am interested to know what was so bad about Felitsa's build so I can better educate myself 😬

In any case I am really happy with the results of my build and never heard the Susvara better before.

Sep 26, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #264 of 1,806
I'm from Singapore and recently had a SuperSymmetry Dynahi built here by a loca DIYer (not Felitsa) and I am 101% sure Felitsa is based out of Vietnam and not Singapore.

I posted some pics of my build on the Head-fi FB group yesterday and someone commented being worried about my build in case it was being built by Felitsa.

I am interested to know what was so bad about Felitsa's build so I can better educate myself 😬

In any case I am really happy with the results of my build and never heard the Susvara better before.
Better not use your susvara with that amp if builder has a shady reputation. Else it will be disaster waiting to happen. Just use it with a K7xx so that your damage will be acceptable.

Sep 26, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #265 of 1,806
Better not use your susvara with that amp if builder has a shady reputation. Else it will be disaster waiting to happen. Just use it with a K7xx so that your damage will be acceptable.
100% agree. I'm thankful the guy who built my amp loaned me a unit to test and used it for quite awhile before I was satisfied and commissioned him to build it for me.

Sep 26, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #267 of 1,806

Felitsa is not just 1. For example, he started out as Lil Knight having base in Australia. Don't forget, Lil Knight stole $20k from friends, from KGSSHV and T2 commissions.
Thuan/Tran are his latest incarnations. Vietnam / Singapore, who knows where else.

Still doing criminal crap.

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #268 of 1,806
Hope Dukei doesn't mind me sharing it here but we're currently doing an SMD build of the CFA3 that lets us use a shorter and narrower case (the 400mm depth was just too big!). It's a 3U high case but the best part is it allows us to flat lay the amp boards on the side heatsinks for a real amp-like look inside. With this there's so much space left inside it gives you a lot of upgrade options like going dual torroid, relay type attenuator, possibly even a dac board if you fancy that. The overall compactness of the amp is a big deal given they'll most likely end up on a desktop for most users and is one of the reasons I'm moving away from using speaker amps for my TC without losing the power.

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #269 of 1,806
Felitsa is not just 1. For example, he started out as Lil Knight having base in Australia. Don't forget, Lil Knight stole $20k from friends, from KGSSHV and T2 commissions.
Thuan/Tran are his latest incarnations. Vietnam / Singapore, who knows where else.

Still doing criminal crap.
Anyways, Felitsa / lil knight / Thuan / Tran whoever he is has his pic on FB before and I met my builder. Looks totally different.

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #270 of 1,806
was the parts all original? Can you post a photo?
PHOTO-2021-05-23-23-47-48 2.jpg
PHOTO-2021-05-23-23-47-48 3.jpg
PHOTO-2021-05-23-23-47-49.jpg
PHOTO-2021-05-23-23-58-06.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back