Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 16, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #3,526 of 10,059
You need some air in the pads but not too much.
As @John Massaria said: Vesper can make all pads imaginable. Perhaps once you contacted Kennerton you can use their ideas to have Vesper make the ideal pads?
They have all the specs on their site: ECL-01 black - Kennerton Audio Equipment You just need to make sure that Vesper re-creates this using the actual dimensions of the old Vali earpad size. I believe old Vali was 95mm outer?

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #3,530 of 10,059
TOP SECRET: LEAKED RUSSIAN PHOTOS
Project GH50 JM Edition has been approved
Presentation1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

I just got word today the headphones will be ready for shipment soon-

As many may or may not know- my end game headphones are the gorgeous Indigio Blue Thekks and my modded GH50's which are in this review- today I just got an email...

Valentin from Kennerton heard/read my review and decided to try it and test it himself in Russia- conclusion- he loved the way they sounded too and would likely make a special edition called Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition to honor my mod. Well I just got word today its getting set up now for release...

Valentin wrote- "...right now we are starting to produce them.... They will be different from the regular version with the headband inscription (see attachment).
And they will also have a slightly different lid coating - under the layer of genuine leather, we've added a soft backing, and now cups are very nice to the touch."

I do not see the bass port carpet as removable as in my mod- I can say I leave one port open one closed on each side- I hope Kennerton doesnt just do the flat fluffy dots mod but both bass port and fluffy dots- we will see- maybe Kennerton will send one to me so I can see if both mods were done like my mod- we will see- I may just buy this to compare to my mod...

I want to state it's an honor and my unexpected enthusiasm goes beyond words- I hope other headphone lovers like the modded version as much as I do. I should also mention I make ZERO money for these or any Kennerton headphone- maybe one day Valentin will hire me but for now I do it for the hobby - I do it for the pleasure and love of music - anyway... hopefully you will hear what the fuss is about... https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/the-kennerton-gjallarhorn-modified-review.24478/reviews

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #3,532 of 10,059
Hey Kennerton people, thought I would share a quick (actually rather long and rambling) review I just posted comparing the Meze Empyrean to the LSA HP-1.

Nice review but I found your conclusion confusing. You said if you could own only one, it would definitely be the Empys, but then you say you're lucky in that you can own more than one. Then in the next breath, you say you are only keeping the HP-1s and selling the Empys.

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #3,533 of 10,059
Good point, that was confusing! I meant that I'm lucky enough to own a few other headphones (that were not part of the review) so since the HP-1 are more exciting to me I'm holding on to them as the large open back planar in my collection. However, if I had to slim down to only one pair of headphones, I'd probably keep the Empyreans as they are super versatile, comfortable, non-fatiguing, balanced, detailed, etc.

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #3,534 of 10,059
Good point, that was confusing! I meant that I'm lucky enough to own a few other headphones (that were not part of the review) so since the HP-1 are more exciting to me I'm holding on to them as the large open back planar in my collection. However, if I had to slim down to only one pair of headphones, I'd probably keep the Empyreans as they are super versatile, comfortable, non-fatiguing, balanced, detailed, etc.
Thanks for the clarification :)

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #3,536 of 10,059
Oct 19, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,539 of 10,059
I made an in-depth review about the LSA HP-1 from Underwood Hifi and Kennerton :)

This is mainly a spinoff from Odin, Thror and a few other models, aiming to offer the best comfort / build but also price possible :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/10/craz-clear-views-lsa-hp1-.html

LSA-HP-1-HP1-Underwood-HiFi-USA-Russian-Wooden-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-16.jpg

Excellent review, as always. Well done! :)

Innerfidelity's famous "Wall Of Fame" is dead; long live the Audiophile-Heaven's "Hall Of Fame" :beyersmile:.

Obviously the amazing LSA HP-1 "by Kennerton" deserves this distinction for its incredible value, versatility and comfort (compared to the old generation Kennerton planar headphones: Odin / Thridi / Thror).

If you want to have as good as the Thror for the sound and its technicality (high definition, finesse, refinement, aeration) while keeping the versatility and great comfort (and low weight) of the LSA HP-1, well I think the Kennerton Thekk, should be next in your (excellent) list of headphones reviews!
For me, the Thekk is a must have planar headphones.:)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #3,540 of 10,059
If you want to have as good as the Thror for the sound and its technicality (high definition, finesse, refinement, aeration) while keeping the versatility and great comfort (and low weight) of the LSA HP-1, well I think the Kennerton Thekk, should be next in your (excellent) list of headphones reviews!
For me, the Thekk is a must have planar headphones.:)

eric65 have you owned both the HP-1 and Thekk (or had a chance to compare them)? I really like the HP-1 and was wondering if the Thekk would offer a significant upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back