Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 19, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #3,541 of 10,115
Can you get Underwood headphones in the EU or it that reviewer privilege?

You can get Underwood / LSA headphones everywhere in the world. Except maybe in North Korea ! :o2smile:
I got my HP-1 in Guadeloupe, a french island in the Caribbean. And as a french island, Guadeloupe is a part of EU.
Underwood even declared the value at $600 instead of $1399 for the customs, so I paid only 50€ !

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #3,542 of 10,115

Just got the Ray Samuels Apache hooked up quickly- I will be switching over to balanced but for this test I am using the RCA and TRS to my GH50's - the Apache came loaded with 4 LT1028 CN8 OPA and I have 4 lme49710na (see in pic on top in white styrofoam) - as I hooked it up- I am thinking no way this LT1028 is going to best my PASS WHAMMY CLASS A- I was so wrong. Not really paying any mind to the chip anymore- simple fact is this amp has limitless depth and a strong muscle authority I have yet to hear of any amp so far- it must be the dual mono design from end to end- must be, the Apache is like nothing I ever heard- beyond expectations- such an emotional and organic flawless performance. The PASS WHAMMY has bested anything I tried under $1500 and it has served me so well. It sounds much better and cleaner, accurate and much more musical than the Topping A90- so much so after 20 some odd days with the Topping A90 I returned it back to APOS. I really thought it can't get much better than the WHAMMY w/Dual OPA627.... but this Apache makes you clearly see (hear) why people spend $3K on amps - its beyond euphoric. Emotional. Ray Samuels is a genius and the build on this amp is second to none. I'm in new Valhalla nirvana with my Kennerton Headphones finally getting the best of what I think is out there - the listening is so emotional and touching. I can't describe it as I listen except to say let me be and just listen.
I just realized the lme49710na OPA is optimized for high impedance headphones up to 600 ohm loads (EasilyDrives600ΩLoads) so it wont really work well with the Kennertons BUT it will work well with the HD600s- I will use the LT1028CN8 s (which are installed now) with all my other IEMs and HP's including the Kennertons ... now I just have to wait for the amp to come back/hear back from Ray... im on pins and needles both my Thekk and my Apache out with their creators and I anxiously wait but for now I am using the GH50 and the Pass Whammy and loving the thought of how glorious music like this can be

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #3,543 of 10,115
eric65 have you owned both the HP-1 and Thekk (or had a chance to compare them)? I really like the HP-1 and was wondering if the Thekk would offer a significant upgrade.

I have both and the Thekk is better but in US dollars it is $3K compared to $1.4K for the LSA HP-1. At that difference, it is definitely the law of dimishing returns.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #3,544 of 10,115
eric65 have you owned both the HP-1 and Thekk (or had a chance to compare them)? I really like the HP-1 and was wondering if the Thekk would offer a significant upgrade.

No; but I own a Thekk and a Thror, and I have long been able to listen and compare these two high-end planar headphones with an Odin mk2 (that I owned) and also an Odin mk3 (Thridi) (on loan) ; I use the comparison of the LSA-HP1 with the Thror in this review above to get a pretty accurate idea of this LSA-HP1 headphones, both for its comfort (which must be identical to the Thekk's) and for the sound (which must be somewhere between the Odin mk3 (Thridi) (which shares the same planar driver) and the Thekk (which shares the same high-tech planar driver of the Thror, but with a different tuning).
If the Thror is slightly better (a little more technical) for sound quality than the LSA-HP1, then the Thekk, which is the same technicality as the Thror, but with a slightly different tone (fuller), will be as well, with even better aeration, better definition and finesse (refinement).
But the differences between these headphones can be subtle and will be appreciated all the more easily if the amplifiers and dacs used are of high level (high performance).

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #3,545 of 10,115
You can get Underwood / LSA headphones everywhere in the world. Except maybe in North Korea ! :o2smile:
I got my HP-1 in Guadeloupe, a french island in the Caribbean. And as a french island, Guadeloupe is a part of EU.
Underwood even declared the value at $600 instead of $1399 for the customs, so I paid only 50€ !
I actually had no idea till I visited their site! I've send an inquiry about getting one :) I was checking the Wodan, Odin or Thekk as my Christmas gift to myself but adding the HP1 on top of that list now.

p.s. I would have never guessed back in 2004 that my 1500th message on this board would be about Russian planar headphones that costs well over €1000 :D

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #3,547 of 10,115
Can you get Underwood headphones in the EU or it that reviewer privilege?

you can purchase the LSA from Underwood Hifi from any corner of the world, reviewers don't have much privillege, it is work and trying my best to help everyone :)

Excellent review, as always. Well done! :)

Innerfidelity's famous "Wall Of Fame" is dead; long live the Audiophile-Heaven's "Hall Of Fame" :beyersmile:.

Obviously the amazing LSA HP-1 "by Kennerton" deserves this distinction for its incredible value, versatility and comfort (compared to the old generation Kennerton planar headphones: Odin / Thridi / Thror).

If you want to have as good as the Thror for the sound and its technicality (high definition, finesse, refinement, aeration) while keeping the versatility and great comfort (and low weight) of the LSA HP-1, well I think the Kennerton Thekk, should be next in your (excellent) list of headphones reviews!
For me, the Thekk is a must have planar headphones.:)

Always happy to help! :)

Really glad that my hall of fame is coming in handy

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #3,549 of 10,115
Just placed an order for GH50 JM edition. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to my focal elegias.
Where can you order it? How much is?

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #3,553 of 10,115
I just emailed them directly. They had some fresh off the line. They said they would go up on the website soon.
How much did you pay for the headphones?

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #3,555 of 10,115

Users who are viewing this thread

Back