Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 21, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #3,571 of 10,051
There are no stupid questions if you are going to leave 1000 € to them. By the way, I can't find that GH 50 JM Edition in Kennerton's website... I'm new in this thread...
they are shipping them but it's a request at this point- email them info@kennerton.com and let us know what happens please

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #3,573 of 10,051
But first I want to look at them (I've never seen a pic of that HP, just the normal GH)

they will send you a picture if you email them better than the one I have I am sure

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #3,574 of 10,051
There are no stupid questions if you are going to leave 1000 € to them. By the way, I can't find that GH 50 JM Edition in Kennerton's website... I'm new in this thread...
Email customer support and ask. They haven't listed them on their website yet, but they are available to purchase. I wonder if i may have gotten one of the first editions if not the first edition LOL.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #3,576 of 10,051
I just reached out to Kennerton and asked same question- I do not know for sure- who said the carpet would void warranty- Valentin said if done carefully it would not void warranty - lets get word from Kennerton before we say for sure....
Valentin said it before the latest units returns - he always trusts the good will of the customer... And the key word here was definitely "carefully"! There were 3 cases lately when people clearly tried to repeat your mod, and after that tried to return for RMA/warranty or cashback. In one case there is a clear mechanical damage to one of the membranes.

So, making any constructional changes by yourself will indeed void the warranty.
Otherwise, it will void Kennerton XD

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #3,577 of 10,051
they will send you a picture if you email them better than the one I have I am sure
Valentin said it before the latest units returns - he always trusts the good will of the customer... And the key word here was definitely "carefully"! There were 3 cases lately when people clearly tried to repeat your mod, and after that tried to return for RMA/warranty or cashback. In one case there is a clear mechanical damage to one of the membranes.

So, making any constructional changes by yourself will indeed void the warranty.
I know the driver is very sensative and one slip of the finger could ruin it- its great you are doing the mod ready to go...I
understood so if you guys at Kennerton are doing the JM mod can you provide some pictures? and what exactly the difference is in sound - will you be sending them to reviewers? We need some reviews of new revision/mod

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #3,578 of 10,051
I agree, there are no stupid questions, and we are always happy to answer best to our own knowledge.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #3,579 of 10,051

Makes sense.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #3,580 of 10,051

I know the driver is very sensative and one slip of the finger could ruin it- its great you are doing the mod ready to go...I
understood so if you guys at Kennerton are doing the JM mod can you provide some pictures? and what exactly the difference is in sound - will you be sending them to reviewers? We need some reviews of new revision/mod
By the outer look it is the same as unmoded version, only the engravement on the headband saying "JM Edition" (as on your photo).
By touch, the leather on the cup is softer and reminds me of feeling an interior leather of nice cars.

We are preparing the photos to relevantly show the insides of the GH50 JME. Please, wait a bit, and we will have the proper photos and description of difference in sound.
The same for the reviewer question, as soon as we ready to provide information on JME, we will be ready to contact reviewers.

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #3,581 of 10,051
You can get Underwood / LSA headphones everywhere in the world. Except maybe in North Korea ! :o2smile:
I got my HP-1 in Guadeloupe, a french island in the Caribbean. And as a french island, Guadeloupe is a part of EU.
Underwood even declared the value at $600 instead of $1399 for the customs, so I paid only 50€ !

Hi Philippe.

Glad you're happy with your Kennerton "ThekkOdin" aka LSA HP-1 headphones. :)

A very good choice of headphones, especially for its price (and quality/price ratio).

Allow me to report here your impressions given on the French forum of your LSA-HP1 planar headphones "by Kennerton" compared to your Grado GS1000i headphones.
Links: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=6700#p6700 and https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=6701#p6701

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #3,582 of 10,051
Allow me to report here your impressions given on the French forum of your LSA-HP1 planar headphones "by Kennerton" compared to your Grado GS1000i headphones.
Links: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=6700#p6700 and https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=6701#p6701

Hi Eric.

No problem. But it's in french, and google is not very good to translate this kind of text ...
I can add the frequency-response curve of my LSA HP-1 S/N 016, obviously without smoothing or compensation :

FR LSA-016.jpg

(Dommage qu'on soit obligé de discuter en anglais maintenant, bien que ça ne me dérange pas vraiment ...)

Oct 22, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #3,583 of 10,051
Hi Eric.

No problem. But it's in french, and google is not very good to translate this kind of text ...
I can add the frequency-response curve of my LSA HP-1 S/N 016, obviously without smoothing or compensation :

FR LSA-016.jpg

(Dommage qu'on soit obligé de discuter en anglais maintenant, bien que ça ne me dérange pas vraiment ...)

Hello Philippe.

Superb FR curve of your LSA HP-1 headphones.

I don't have such a beautiful curve of the Thekk to offer you ! :beyersmile::)

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #3,585 of 10,051
You want the FR curve of your S/N 001 ? Very simple. Just ask Valentin. It's what I did.
Kennerton keep the FR curves of every headphone they made in their archive.

Thanks.

But while rereading the head-fi Thekk thread (with my Thekk S/N 001) I may have found a FR curve of a Thekk (my Thekk?) made by a collaborator of Valentin (on the same measurement platform).

20011110242623553816596550.jpg

Kennerton Thekk FR

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-thekk.917880/page-3

Otherwise, you can also see a FR curve of a Thekk with ECL-01 pads (large holes) on the RAA measurement site (with an artificial head); do not take into account the peak at 5.5 Khz, it is a measurement artifact .

20102302294723553817092816.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back